Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (19447 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by jpphilips(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2013
lincolnj88:
u are just anoda die hard haterz of gej..... I trust My gej and his cabal....... D only.ansa ameachi will get is silence, because its d best ansa given to a foollll.....

Abt d waterways, since u are from d desert, d state govt is responsible for d state inland waterways, and crude Oil is been channeled from the inland waterways to d international waterways were d nigeria navy has 10% of tackling crude Oil theft..... If the inland wáter ways are tight den we will have little or no crude oil theft....

which law created the ''state inland waterways'
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by jpphilips(m): 9:27am On Nov 24, 2013
take dat: Is Amaechi a member of the Jang led NGF? Is Jang elected to govern Nigeria? Each State is a stake holder, Plateau cannot decide for Lagos or Rivers likewise Rivers cannot decide for Plateau. The ECA is not a FG account, it is a Federation Account. The President cannot unilaterally make decisions to deduct from the ECA to augment the shortfall in revenue simply because he is incapable of curbing crude oil theft. The problem is that there is no synergy, and you can't lay the blame solely at the feet of Amaechi, the President himself is guilty.

If you guys want to attack Amaechi, I am less concerned but he raised genuine questions!

i dont really understand how mentally lazy most Nigerians are, it is apparent that you are one of a few who really understood what the thread is about.

How can one country be packed with so much m0r0ns? Is this country cursed??
Nigeria doesnt deserve a democracy, there is a high chance for m0r0ns to unianimously elect their fellow m0r0n to pilot her affairs.
Quite shameful.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by emmydee(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2013
We are being deceived.first, 500B naira SURE-P is missing.2nd, 2013 budget was based on $79 pb, but was actually sold for more than $105 pb.so where is the bal? Ok, 3rd, Subsidy was removed & we were told d FG would provide infrastructures in transporttion, education, healthcare etc with d funds & nigerians have nt stopped buying petroleum products since then, so where do those monies actually go? Today, we are told that $5B frm d ECA (Excess Crude Account) has been shared to d three tiers of govt without the administrators of the same three tiers knowing, so who got it? Madam finance minister is doing her best in trying to make us understand why they have wasted all this fund.my people relax. See, each state receives a monthly statutory allocation frm d FG which is drawn frm the federation account to honour the content of d national budget, & this year,we are told that the FG could not make up to what it expected to make frm d oil sector alone,so it had to borrow frm d ECA to augment.bt even at that, there's still TOO much extra left.so why & where are all d missing billions of dollars? These people, do u have conscience at all? If u sincerely inject $5B in this economy, even d blind will see it. Stop stealing our resources abeg.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2013
Another attempt by Amaechi to muddle things up and confuse people. All the accounts people have mentioned here (FG Account, Federation Account, Excess Crude Account, SURE-P etc) are being funded majorly by remittances from NNPC's oil revenue. However, out of the $20.9bn NNPC realized from Jan 2013 - Sept 2013, only $7bn was remitted which leaves us with a shortfall of $13.9bn. This explains why all the accounts mentioned above were under-funded and hence the reason why requests were made that money in the ECA be used to fund these accounts and subsequently State & Local Government allocations.
So far, $5bn (N794bn) has been spent from the ECA and fortunately; our dear Rivers State got over N56bn from this money. The approx N740bn left would have been shared amongst the remaining 34 states and the FG. Amaechi knew all of this yet he decided to play to the gallery. How can you claim that the money that was not even deposited in the other accounts in the first place cannot be accounted for? Amaechi has been displaying traits pointing to the fact that he is not fit enough mentally to remain Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by jpphilips(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2013
ujoinme:

Dude was it not the same amaechi that threaten the FG with fire and brimstone if it did not share the ECA to states? get your facts right! the FG did just what Amaechi and his faction of NGF asked for from the FG and now they are crying wolf.

during amaechi's first NGF tenure, all the governors sought for an increase in state revenue because jonathan in a desperate campaign bid has just trippled the minimum wage without due consultations with relevant stake holders. The resultant effect of that desperate move was a huge overhead on the states and LGA.

All the governors agreed and took the FG to court asking the court to interprete section 66 or thereabout of the constitution which categorically states that all the revenue accrued to the FG is not for its use but should be shared amongst the three tiers of govt.

Before the court could decide, the FG decided to settle out of court, the FG now shared the ECA, part of its own share of 1b usd was rebranded SWF with kolade as chairman of its re investment comittee.

Amechi is saying that the money doesnt end there, same applies to all the monies (tickets) accrueable to the FG, on this Amaechi is right.

Our 2012 budget is pegged at 76usd/bbl but on oil sales alone, Nigeria was getting between 100 usd to 110 usd for the period under review,

Amaechi is saying that a new ECA of 110 usd - 76usd has accrued overtime which the FG did not consult the states on its fate, rather iweala is saying that she took 5b usd from it to augment a shortfall in budgetary allocation, that is very wrong and it contravenes our constitution

on whether there was a shortfall within the period, to be fair to iweala, it is absolutely true, because Nigeria's oil production of 2.5mbbls dropped to 1.9mbbls due to oil theft which happens not to be Amaechi's problem anyways.

Truth is; Amaechi knows the shortfall couldnt have affected budgetary allocation to the tune of 5b usd and i agree again with him.

What i believe happened is that iweala is hidding behind a slight shortfall to divert money.
From the NGF election, jang did not win but Amaechi so if Iweala decided to consult jang's minority faction on a
matter of national importance, then Iweala needs new advisers.

I believe so because the SURE P programme which she claimed she used it to aurgment was clearly paid for at the gas pump by Nigerians,
though i am convinced that money doesnt exist, the whole subsidy charade was a huge scam, matter for another day.

While Amaechi is nailing iweala, i will like to ask Amaechi where he invested his own share of the initial ECA sharing? Because the FG has an SWF and SURE P from its own share.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by callmenow: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2013
The CME and Minister for Finance, Dr Okonjo Iweala is very combative and acerbic when she wants to. Two days ago at the Hilton Hotel in London's Park Lane, She was asked about ASUU strike. She expressed her sadness about the death of Festus Iyayi and condoled with the family. She adumbrated the efforts of the administration. 200 Billion naira for infrastructure to education this year. 220 Billion naira next year. She left everyone dazed with statistics of what was done and being done. She acquitted herself successfully. I was very impressed. OBJ who recruited her all those years ago was genius. I sincerely believe that there is a misunderstanding between CME and Amaechi. I believe that CME will be giving out statistics by Tuesday, once she arrives Nigeria tonight. They are addressing different questions and or positions. She is one woman who looks frail, yet possesses fine brain and head on her shoulders. I hope CME has hobbies to help her relax. Carrying these figures in the brain/head is no longer encouraged. There are tablets and other PDA's to deal with stats.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2013
callmenow: The CME and Minister for Finance, Dr Okonjo Iweala is very combative and acerbic when she wants to. Two days ago at the Hilton Hotel in London's Park Lane, She was asked about ASUU strike. She expressed her sadness about the death of Festus Iyayi and condoled with the family. She adumbrated the efforts of the administration. 200 Billion naira for infrastructure to education this year. 220 Billion naira next year. She left everyone dazed with statistics of what was done and being done. She acquitted herself successfully. I was very impressed. OBJ who recruited her all those years ago was genius. I sincerely believe that there is a misunderstanding between CME and Amaechi. I believe that CME will be giving out statistics by Tuesday, once she arrives Nigeria tonight. They are addressing different questions and or positions. She is one woman who looks frail, yet possesses fine brain and head on her shoulders. I hope CME has hobbies to help her relax. Carrying these figures in the brain/head is no longer encouraged. There are tablets and other PDA's to deal with stats.

grin grin grin grin
Evidence of many years of experience at the world Bank. And money well spent on annual employee developmental training exercises courtesy of the World Bank.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by aljharem(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2013
This is the MAJOR problem in Nigeria. When good people fail to tell the truth. Likes of awodman, taharqa, tokunboh(another silly igboman) etc know the truth and even worse, Ameachi has even told them the truth and they have decided to ignore the truth and chose the lie because of tribal sentiment.

Is Ameachi not from the SS ? but his conscience could not just let him rest

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa:

Stop beating about the bush, Ikpeeee...... Where did this ' fixed amount of money the FG was spending per litre on subsidizing fuel' come from??

Once you answer that question, you may immediately help yourself out of your current mystery. I promise...

CLUE For an OLODO: why is that Govs have always wanted the Subsidy payment removed right from OBJ days? Why were they at the front wagon of the vanguard for its total removal last 2 year? Maybe, if the OLODO understands why, he would get an idea where that 'fixed #X Subsidy' ALWAYS came; and maybe, just maybe, he would have an inkling from where the #32 differential 'saved' from the #x would continue to come from. Maybe.

Will this link help the OLODO in this respect: http://www.nanngronline.com/section/general/ngf-criticises-fg-over-deduction-of-oil-subsidy-from-federation-account

Now I feel somewhat insulted. All this stringing along and trolling just because this olodo thinks the 'Federation account' is the same thing as the excess Crude Account?!

Just...go. leave here and summon your superiors. I only hope your sponsors are wise enough not to pay you for the last 10 m0r0nic posts you've made.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
tokunboh: Another attempt by Amaechi to muddle things up and confuse people. All the accounts people have mentioned here (FG Account, Federation Account, Excess Crude Account, SURE-P etc) are being funded majorly by remittances from NNPC's oil revenue. However, out of the $20.9bn NNPC realized from Jan 2013 - Sept 2013, only $7bn was remitted which leaves us with a shortfall of $13.9bn. This explains why all the accounts mentioned above were under-funded and hence the reason why requests were made that money in the ECA be used to fund these accounts and subsequently State & Local Government allocations.
So far, $5bn (N794bn) has been spent from the ECA and fortunately; our dear Rivers State got over N56bn from this money. The approx N740bn left would have been shared amongst the remaining 34 states and the FG. Amaechi knew all of this yet he decided to play to the gallery. How can you claim that the money that was not even deposited in the other accounts in the first place cannot be accounted for? Amaechi has been displaying traits pointing to the fact that he is not fit enough mentally to remain Governor.
alj harem: This is the MAJOR problem in Nigeria. When good people fail to tell the truth. Likes of awodman, taharqa, tokunboh(another silly igboman) etc know the truth and even worse, Ameachi has even told them the truth and they have decided to ignore the truth and chose the lie because of tribal sentiment.

Is Ameachi not from the SS ? but his conscience could not just let him rest

Your Amaechi is the one who's not truthful here. He knows the truth, yet he has decided to politicize this with his black market ideology. Has NNPC been remitting the right amount of money they should have to the FG? No, everybody knows that - it's even in the news. Amaechi knows this yet he is claiming money is missing.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by OneDy: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
There is something I still don't get. Let me deviate from the ECA, FG and Federation accounts arguments.

If 56% (as claimed by obviously one of the paid agents of GEJ) of our oil revenue is being lost to theft, then it begs the question of the appropriateness of paying huge amount of money to Tompolo and his hordes of ex-militant just to protect against the oil theft.

Shouldn't we be asking why the security contract to Tompolo has not be cancelled or in the least reviewed since the purpose of the said contract has failed?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by dammyeve: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
isale_gan2:

What does that mean? Appointed and elected officials should not be questioned?

We are not zombies!
giving account does not mean you should not xtion elected leaders
Prophet Muhammad said if u c corruption or evil correct it with ur hand, or ur mouth, if u can't hate it with your heart

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

Now I feel somewhat insulted. All this stringing along and trolling just because this olodo thinks the 'Federation account' is the same thing as the excess Crude Account?!

Just...go. leave here and summon your superiors. I only hope your sponsors are wise enough not to pay you for the last 10 m0r0nic posts you've made.
Ok oh, Bros. At least we are now getting swhere: so we have all now 'Finally' that Subsidy has always been paid from Or in lieu of d Federation Account. Now, we may now ask/answer the following questns: wetin d Federation Account be? That is, what Constituents (or are d Components of) d Federation Account? More specifically, is d ECA part of d Federation Account, from which d Govt has always been/can draw monies to pay such obligations as Subsidy payments #X and FROM WHICH it also 'saves' ie pays the #32 differential which it then sets aside as SURE-P??.... Like I said, we are getting closer to it. Or, are we actuali One is never sure of these things IF an OLODO is involved sha grin...
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: Ok oh, Bros. At least we are now getting swhere: so we have all now 'Finally' that Subsidy has always been paid from Or in lieu of d Federation Account. Now, we may now ask/answer the following questns: wetin d Federation Account be? That is, what Constituents (or are d Components of) d Federation Account? More specifically, is d ECA part of d Federation Account, from which d Govt has always been/can draw monies to pay such obligations as Subsidy payments #X and FROM WHICH it also 'saves' ie pays the #32 differential which it then sets aside as SURE-P??.... Like I said, we are getting closer to it. Or, are we actuali One is never sure of these things IF an OLODO is involved sha grin...

You're right. An olodo is involved here. Thank God you finally accept that you're an olodo cheesy

I'm not going round in circles with you anymore. Just answer the simple question that the RVSG has posed "Is SURE-P being funded with monies from the ECA?"

That is the only answer I seek right now.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by consumer: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
Issue raised by Gov Amechi very fundamental and equally begs for an answer to the teeming populace indeed going by d lives dt was lost to the subsidy removal protest at d twilight of dis administration.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by ihatesycophant(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
lincolnj88: grin Ameachi a$$ must be boiling seeing lamido a$$ on fire... grin

@topic ameachi is becoming dumb....

He confirmed that he received 53billion naira...

The money he said was statutory allocation of the state from the federation account.....

there was shortfall in revenue there by the federation account was funded from the excess crude account ,there go d $5billion and he was a party to it including the remaining govt...

Ok he claimed that the federation account was funded by Oil and tax revenue ... And Oil accounting for 90% ....was he not aware of the crude theft, how come d federation was able to Fund its account with Oil revenue ,when we have 56% of Oil theft.....and d nation loss $89 million to crude Oil theft..........

So is ameachi telling us dat despite d crude Oil theft nigeria got more than a enough to Fund the federation account.....if so why did ngf chaired by him point to the Eca account, advising fg to Fund the revenue shortfalls......and set up commitee headed by uduaghan to check crude Oil theft.....

I trust noi , she will soon fire ameachi a$$ grin

can you reason beyond your noise. Amaechi is not angry that they spent the money from ECA. He's angry that if they spent such amount from ECA, what of the money made from oil within these periods and who do they meet before taking out of the money meant for the three tier, which they suppose to negotiate together before dime can be taking away from it and again SURE-P should not be finance from ECA rather from the percentage deducted from subsidy. Since reasoning is beyond your brain capacity, you're forgiven if only you change.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
It should be glaring to anyone that Mrs Ngozi goofed big time by telling Nigerians, that monies from the ECA was used in funding SURE-P.
As long as Nigerians still buy fuel, the SURE-P fund must not be financed from another account.
It has nothing to do with the budget, oil theft, or the price of crude oil. If the SURE-P has to be funded from another source, then the FG and its agencies have questions to answer.
In fact, if it's true that part of the $5b withdrawn from the ECA was used in financing the SURE-P, I'm demanding a refund of the extra N32 I've spent so far on the purchase of fuel.cheesy
But seriously, we need answers to those questions from Gov. Amaechi. I could've asked the same questions myself.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
enigma_otr: It should be glaring to anyone that Mrs Ngozi goofed big time by telling Nigerians, that monies from the ECA was used in funding SURE-P.
As long as Nigerians still buy fuel, the SURE-P fund must not be financed from another account.
It has nothing to do with the budget, oil theft, or the price of crude oil. If the SURE-P has to be funded from another source, then the FG and its agencies have questions to answer.
In fact, if it's true that part of the $5b withdrawn from the ECA was used in financing the SURE-P, I'm demanding a refund of the extra N32 I've spent so far on the purchase of fuel.cheesy
But seriously, we need answers to those questions from Gov. Amaechi. I could've asked the same questions myself.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2013
angry angry angryWe need answers now for one question.

Madam NOI or what ever the nairaland latop crew call you.

Is funding SURE-P with funds from the ECA constitutional?
Everytime, this GEJ wants to use us like a ROLL-ON (SURE-P)

enigma_otr: It should be glaring to anyone that Mrs Ngozi goofed big time by telling Nigerians, that monies from the ECA was used in funding SURE-P.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by otokx(m): 7:49am On Nov 25, 2013
They say oil theft is the cause of reduction in receipts of oil sale/revenue. What then is the cause of decrease in revenue from customs? Its appears revenue from all sources have been reduced greatly, something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by muzzol: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2013
taharqa:

So which of the two accounts does the Govt get the #X that it spends as Subsidy?
FG Account Or Federation Account?

.... Infact, scratch that. I do no longer have the time to play games with ya KIDS any further.
Read:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002221429.html
NOTE: The above link is from early 2010, B4 GEJ became President. Maybe if you understand the import of this, you just might start to get where the monies used to pay subsidies ALWAYS came from.

I will never become a low life of exchanging banters on internet with you. I will rather wait for the Minister and CBN Governor to answer the questions. Obviously i expect more intelligent answers from them.

Now, Goodbye. And quit the habit of attempting to argue with those eho are not your mates, K? Esp, when ya do not know what you are talking about.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
In fact, if it's true that part of the $5b withdrawn from the ECA was used in financing the SURE-P, I'm demanding a refund of the extra N32 I've spent so far on the purchase of fuel
.cheesy

Dear God!! This one is even d worst of them all. When I call sm people OLODO on NL, sm persons wud think it is an insult. But it is not. Its just what they are- OLODOs.

Medieval IGNORAMUS you do not pay Govt any money when you buy fuel; it is d Govt that 'pays' you tru d Oil Marketer tru whom you bought d fuel. That is why it is called a SUBSIDY for Goodnews sake!!! It is d Govt that Subsidizes you; not you d Govt. Every single time you buy fuel and pay #97 per litre, d Govt pays an extra #44 on top of what you paid to make it an average of about #141 which is d truer landing and distribution cost of fuel per litre. When you were paying #65 per litre, d Govt was paying more than #70 as subsidy for you. This Subsidy #X was (always been) paid by Govt from its FEDERATION ACCOUNT ( the ECA been part of its Constituent Accounts), the ONLY difference now that d Govt had partially removed subsidy is that after d Govt withdraws d #X from d FEDERATION ACCOUNT (inclusive of d ECA) it pays #44 per litre subsidy to d Oil marketers and then sets aside d #32 differential (which it wud hv had to still pay to d Oil Marketers) as SURE-P in order to fund Special Infrastructural and Social Projects/Programmes. That is the so-called 'savings' you hear about, and which yr OLODO brother @texpazette's tiny brain cud not understand .

Jeez!! This JIOT hv finali forced me to take my time to explain this. Just reali wanted to keep touting the OLODOs ad infinitum. 'Govt shld refund my #32' indeed...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
texazzpete:

You're right. An olodo is involved here. Thank God you finally accept that you're an olodo cheesy

I'm not going round in circles with you anymore. Just answer the simple question that the RVSG has posed "Is SURE-P being funded with monies from the ECA?"

That is the only answer I seek right now.
You no dey shame say u still dey ask me this kind question at this stage?? Shame no dey catch you?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
@taharqa, please save me the deets. You're not saying anything new.

You must be a dummy for thinking I really mean it, when I said I'm demanding a refund from the FGgrin.
Why didn't you dispute the fact that SURE-P should not be funded from the ECA.
Is it too much to ask Madam Ngozi the fate of some hundreds of billions of Naira realised from the N32 increase in pump price since January 2012, if the FG had to finance the SURE-P from the ECA?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Debate: Don’t Send Tinubu, You Must Go – Ohanaeze Tells Buhari / Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources / CJN Ariwoola Appoints Younger Brother, Adebayo, As new auditor for NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.