Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? (775 Views)

Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by zinaunreal(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2013
I would say its been a real while since God actually manifested his Glory to his children. Since the old testament, he has been utterly quiet using signs and wonders and mostly his ministers and prophets to talk through him but all this seem not to be enough.

God might just put a total stop to all this conflict and evil if he manifests one more time in physical form to his creation.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by thehomer: 11:55am On Nov 24, 2013
zinaunreal: I would say its been a real while since God actually manifested his Glory to his children. Since the old testament, he has been utterly quiet using signs and wonders and mostly his ministers and prophets to talk through him but all this seem not to be enough.

God might just put a total stop to all this conflict and evil if he manifests one more time in physical form to his creation.

He would if he could.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
thehomer:

He would if he could.

He couldn't if he wished. cheesy
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by zinaunreal(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
thehomer:

He would if he could.

Are u saying that he can't or we are just living organisms that became evolved by fluke with no form of origin or direction?

I think God should show himself before judgment day because there is a massive line between the old testament and the present day. Those stories in the holy books now seem more like fairy tales of unreal supernatural manifestations.

God shouldn't just blow a trumpet n say I told you so.... When did he tell us so? From a book? Just imagine you getting born into a world as a newbie and someone shoves religion in your face telling you that you must believe in it and just have faith , with no proof whatsoever.

It can only get worse I believe.

3 Likes

Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by DeepSight(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
thehomer:

He would if he could.

And how do you know this. You cannot even say this for sure about extra-terrestrial intelligent beings (Aliens), if they exist.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by thehomer: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
zinaunreal:

Are u saying that he can't or we are just living organisms that became evolved by fluke with no form of origin or direction?

Yes I'm saying he can't.

zinaunreal:
I think God should show himself before judgment day because there is a massive line between the old testament and the present day. Those stories in the holy books now seem more like fairy tales of unreal supernatural manifestations.

I think he should show himself too but it is unlikely that he will because he can't do it.

zinaunreal:
God shouldn't just blow a trumpet n say I told you so.... When did he tell us so? From a book? Just imagine you getting born into a world as a newbie and someone shoves religion in your face telling you that you must believe in it and just have faith , with no proof whatsoever.

I think it can get better as religious belief dwindles.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by thehomer: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Deep Sight:

And how do you know this. You cannot even say this for sure about extra-terrestrial intelligent beings (Aliens), if they exist.

I know this because he is supposed to care about humans. If he doesn't care about humans, then I see no reason why I should bother with him.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
thehomer:

I know this because he is supposed to care about humans. If he doesn't care about humans, then I see no reason why I should bother with him.

How does caring about humans equate with showing up physically?

1 Like

Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by didfy: 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Some people do get sick, die, suffer etc because they think that the glory is not as before hahaha HE IS THE GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by zinaunreal(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
didfy: Some people do get sick, die, suffer etc because they think that the glory is not as before hahaha HE IS THE GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER

We deserve to see Gods true. And glorious manifestation one more time just like he did to the isrealites. We don't deserve his silence.

It is now difficult to determine wat miracles come from God or the Devil. Why should we live in such blindness.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by thehomer: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Deep Sight:

How does caring about humans equate with showing up physically?

Humans are physical creatures. How else can he show up if he cares about humans?
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2013
He speaks every night with Adeboye.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by macof(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
God is doesn't have a physical appearance all these stories u read in the Bible of God talking to people, appearing to people is done through Oracles.

Abraham used Oracles to communicate with El Shaddai.

this gods are not animate and don't have organic features.

Gods are forces of nature, just that in order to understand these forces. Humans gave them personification.

when u hear Sango is God of lightening, it doesn't mean Sango the 3rd king of Oyo, it means Sango the Yoruba name for the force of lightening.

Same applies to Yahweh
Yahweh/El Shaddai is God of mountains but has been erroneously referred to as only God of the universe.

He is just the personified figure of mountains and their role in The world as part of Nature.

No God as ever and would ever appear to Man.
Anyone who tells u he saw God face to face is either a bloody liar or a deluded individual.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by macof(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
zinaunreal:

You have started to question wat u have been forced to believe while growing up.
And now you hunger for the truth

The next step is to grow in consciousness and find ur peace, you would gain a lot by reading through other religious views and also irreligious views.
I advise u look into ur ancestral spirituality, a lot of knowledge is embedded in pagan spiritualities.

It's important for humans to know the truth, our souls cannot develop on lies.
Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by macof(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
God is doesn't have a physical appearance all these stories u read in the Bible of God talking to people, appearing to people is done through Oracles.

Abraham used Oracles to communicate with El Shaddai.

this gods are not animate and don't have organic features.

Gods are forces of nature, just that in order to understand these forces. Humans gave them personification.

when u hear Sango is God of lightening, it doesn't mean Sango the 3rd king of Oyo, it means Sango the Yoruba name for the force of lightening.

Same applies to Yahweh
Yahweh/El Shaddai is God of mountains but has been erroneously referred to as only God of the universe.

He is just the personified figure of mountains and their role in The world as part of Nature.

No God as ever and would ever appear to Man.
Anyone who tells u he saw God face to face is either a bloody liar or a deluded individual.

1 Like

Re: Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
zinaunreal: I would say its been a real while since God actually manifested his Glory to his children. Since the old testament, he has been utterly quiet using signs and wonders and mostly his ministers and prophets to talk through him but all this seem not to be enough.

Some people falsely claim the bible god is a spirit but he landed on Mount Sinai. If the bible god could reveal himself to primitive men,why cant this particular god do that now. Is there something he is hiding? could it be that this god is very ugly? If he needs a mountain,we can have so many in Africa. Perhaps god is dead.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet First Openly Gay Imam / . / The Greatest Threat To Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.