Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? (785 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. / Could God's Silence To Man Be Causing More Harm Than Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by anitank(f): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2012
I know this might sound stupid but with d alarming increase in bloodshed in this country,Boko Haram attacks,fatal road accidents and d recent plane crash, one can only but wonder if we're facing God's wrath. The most painful aspect is that even the innocent infants and toddlers are perishing also
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 05, 2012
Call it God's wrath, retribution and all other crap, a return to efficiency and total hatred of mediocrity will set us on the right path... not that foolish fasting and praying...
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by dorox(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2012
If by God you mean cause and effect then you are absolutely right.
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by logicboy: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2012
God doesnt exist.

The problem is the corrupt leaders. Simple. Even our religious leaders are corrupt.

The average Nigerians just wants electricity and money to feed his or her family.

If we were to take your analogy, we would say that God punished Haiti with an earthquake- which is very wrong.
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by anitank(f): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto: Call it God's wrath, retribution and all other crap, a return to efficiency and total hatred of mediocrity will set us on the right path... not that foolish fasting and praying...
I agree with u but then with the kind of Government we have, I honestly don't see that 'efficiency' anytime soon
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by anitank(f): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy: God doesnt exist.

The problem is the corrupt leaders. Simple. Even our religious leaders are corrupt.

The average Nigerians just wants electricity and money to feed his or her family.

If we were to take your analogy, we would say that God punished Haiti with an earthquake- which is very wrong.
Ok fine, God is not punishing us! The major problem is from our corrupt leaders. Even the people too have a share in the corrupt system. But telling me that God doesn't exist?? I wonder why u think that
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by logicboy: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2012
anitank:
Ok fine, God is not punishing us! The major problem is from our corrupt leaders. Even the people too have a share in the corrupt system. But telling me that God doesn't exist?? I wonder why u think that

Why I dont beleieve in God.

-No evidence of God. I was a christian for 22 years. Not once did I see, touch, hear or feel God. Nobody has or heard or touched God. There is not one physical evidence of God

-The bible is as immoral as it is moral. Support for slavery, support for genocide, we should stone homosexuals, sexism- women are not made in the image of God but men are, we should kill witches etc

-The bible does not even make sense. Eve was created out of Adam's rib. Therefore, eve is a clone of Adam and Adam is her parent. Sex between Adam and eve is incest. Also, how did Adam and Eve have grandchildren (Children of Cain and Abel) without incest?

I have not even started talking about science and evolution.
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:
-No evidence of God. I was a christian for 22 years. Not once did I see, touch, hear or feel God. Nobody has or heard or touched God. There is not one physical evidence of God

Mate , sorry to burst your bubble but you were no Christian - Fact !!!

A Christian is one who is born again spiritually into the Kingdom of God. It is not a physical birth into a specific denomination.

If you never tasted of the goodness and Spirit of God, this in itself is a verdict that you never knew him.

God only responds to the humble prayers of the contrite and broken in heart.

3 Likes

Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by logicboy: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

Mate , sorry to burst your bubble but you were no Christian - Fact !!!

A Christian is one who is born again spiritually into the Kingdom of God. It is not a physical birth into a specific denomination.

If you never tasted of the goodness and Spirit of God, this in itself is a verdict that you never knew him.

God only responds to the humble prayers of the contrite and broken in heart.

Lol....I was a catholic for 22 years. Who are you to judge?

Please, explain this tasting of the "goodness and spirit of God"

I could level the same accusation back at you. How do I know that you're a christian? Your teaching on the bible on Nairaland is flawed and is not of the spirit of God. grin grin grin grin
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by anitank(f): 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Why I dont beleieve in God.

-The bible is as immoral as it is moral. Support for slavery, support for genocide, we should stone homosexuals, sexism- women are not made in the image of God but men are, we should kill witches etc

-The bible does not even make sense. Eve was created out of Adam's rib. Therefore, eve is a clone of Adam and Adam is her parent. Sex between Adam and eve is incest. Also, how did Adam and Eve have grandchildren (Children of Cain and Abel) without incest?

I have not even started talking about science and evolution.
WOW!!
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by Dipwater(m): 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
@anitank. Having a quite time 4 thinking and meditation wuld help u .sometimes we shuld question our belief,
Travel to diff places meet people and try to understand why they see life 4rm their own point of view and ur life will neva be same again. Don't blame me if I disagree with all those religious bull shyte cuz am well xposed to the thing of life now.I found out that I do not need to pray to get a job or promotion but by being hardworking
Re: Could God Be Punishing Nigeria For Its Sins And Corruption? by anitank(f): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dipwater: @anitank. Having a quite time 4 thinking and meditation wuld help u .sometimes we shuld question our belief,
Travel to diff places meet people and try to understand why they see life 4rm their own point of view and ur life will neva be same again. Don't blame me if I disagree with all those religious bull shyte cuz am well xposed to the thing of life now.I found out that I do not need to pray to get a job or promotion but by being hardworking
Alright thanks

(1) (Reply)

Brethren,praise The Lord For Me / God Uses Fruit Of Your Bad Deed To Create Devotion In You / Argon Diffusion Data Support Rate’s 6,000-year Helium Age Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.