Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity (1737 Views)

We've Seen President Obama's "The Beast", But Russian President's Car Is Doper / Michelle Obama Seriously Discussing A Divorce From Hubby Barack Obama - The Nati / He Won!!! Barack Obama The 44th President Of America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by TayoD1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2008
Below is an article in the Washington post by Charles Krauthammer. The article is very critical of Obama, and I find it very difficult to disagree with virtually all the points raised. I am really scared that this guy is being set up (or is he setting himself up) for a great fall.

Barack Obama wants to speak at the Brandenburg Gate. He figures it would be a nice backdrop. The supporting cast -- a cheering audience and a few fainting frauleins -- would be a picturesque way to bolster his foreign policy credentials.

What Obama does not seem to understand is that the Brandenburg Gate is something you earn. President Ronald Reagan earned the right to speak there because his relentless pressure had brought the Soviet empire to its knees and he was demanding its final "tear down this wall" liquidation. When President John F. Kennedy visited the Brandenburg Gate on the day of his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech, he was representing a country that was prepared to go to the brink of nuclear war to defend West Berlin.

Who is Obama representing? And what exactly has he done in his lifetime to merit appropriating the Brandenburg Gate as a campaign prop? What was his role in the fight against communism, the liberation of Eastern Europe, the creation of what George Bush the elder -- who presided over the fall of the Berlin Wall but modestly declined to go there for a victory lap -- called "a Europe whole and free"?

Does Obama not see the incongruity? It's as if a German pol took a campaign trip to America and demanded the Statue of Liberty as a venue for a campaign speech. (The Germans have now gently nudged Obama into looking at other venues.)

Americans are beginning to notice Obama's elevated opinion of himself. There's nothing new about narcissism in politics. Every senator looks in the mirror and sees a president. Nonetheless, has there ever been a presidential nominee with a wider gap between his estimation of himself and the sum total of his lifetime achievements?

Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself.

It is a subject upon which he can dilate effortlessly. In his victory speech upon winning the nomination, Obama declared it a great turning point in history -- "generations from now we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment" -- when, among other wonders, "the rise of the oceans began to slow." As Hudson Institute economist Irwin Stelzer noted in his London Daily Telegraph column, "Moses made the waters recede, but he had help." Obama apparently works alone.

Obama may think he's King Canute, but the good king ordered the tides to halt precisely to refute sycophantic aides who suggested that he had such power. Obama has no such modesty.

After all, in the words of his own slogan, "we are the ones we've been waiting for," which, translating the royal "we," means: " I am the one we've been waiting for." Amazingly, he had a quasi-presidential seal with its own Latin inscription affixed to his lectern, until general ridicule -- it was pointed out that he was not yet president -- induced him to take it down.

He lectures us that instead of worrying about immigrants learning English, "you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish" -- a language Obama does not speak. He further admonishes us on how "embarrassing" it is that Europeans are multilingual but "we go over to Europe, and all we can say is 'merci beaucoup.' " Obama speaks no French.

His fluent English does, however, feature many such admonitions, instructions and improvements. His wife assures us that President Obama will be a stern taskmaster: "Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism . . . that you come out of your isolation. . . . Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."

For the first few months of the campaign, the question about Obama was: Who is he? The question now is: Who does he think he is?

We are getting to know. Redeemer of our uninvolved, uninformed lives. Lord of the seas. And more. As he said on victory night, his rise marks the moment when "our planet began to heal." As I recall -- I'm no expert on this -- Jesus practiced his healing just on the sick. Obama operates on a larger canvas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/17/AR2008071701839_pf.html
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2008
I agree with the writer here. I believe this trip was not well thought out and I think it will hurt it more than it will help him.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by BigB11(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
I see bunch of cabalistic symbols engraved in this article and it is clear to me that it's main purpose is to brainwash the weak-minded folks by indirectly disbasing all the things that make Obama unique and a major threat to the republican party.
The well written shady article represents exactly the way they prefer voters to think. It is clear that republicans have ran out of materials and at this point they have nothing else to lose; so, I could understand why their atrocious state of mind continues to be apparent to the clever ones.

It is a simple and common political protocol to always:
Stick to what is working for you.
Know what you’re good at - and stick to it
Stick to what makes you better than your opponent.

Qualities of a great leader:
Being able to effectively unite people.
Being able to inspire/ motivate people.
Being able to effectively communicate your message.
Being able to connect directly to your followers.
Being able to build a solid organizational structure.

It is absolutely clear to all that Senator John McCain has nothing to stick to, because nothing seems to be sticking to him.
It is also apparent to all that Senator John McCain can't even motivate himself, therefore motivating others is out of the question.
And finally, in order to connect to people, one must be able to communicate his or her message purely and effectively. The last time I checked, Senator McCain couldn't even read few simple lines to the crowd; making it uncomfortable and very difficult for these poor supporters to figure out when to and when not to release a round of a plause.

Obama is a very bright man, who is also extremely careful with his actions. I'm sure he knows the consequence of this move (speaking at the Brandenburg Gate), therefore, if he wants to make this move, let him go for it. The folks that spoke at the same gate in the past (did not) do not have 2 heads.
You do not need 100 years of experience to make great things happen; it is all in our mind. Don't ever allow haters (pigs) to create or cook-up unnecessary obstacles to stop you from making big things happen your own way.

It's all about the "Change we can believe in"
Forget the old ways, forget the past and let's focus on today and tomorrow.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
the trip is all political. we know. of course we do. so also was McCains trip(s), hillary's trips, all of them. so even though i'm a republican at heart, i still know the real truth behind them all, and that is. . . . everything they are doing now is to get the votes to enter the oval offfice. period.

but i do believe McCain is the guy who can be trusted to go against his friends/party and do what he believes is best for his country. he fought and was ready to die for the country, he refused release from prison when his friends were not going to be released with him. he is a hero. independent minded republican. anti-abortion(main reason why i'm republican at heart . . . i get irritated by democrats tolerance of abortion.)

he was also right on the surge, he was against rumsfeld( even contrary to his president's beliefs), he wanted tax cuts removed when he felt it wont be good(against his party's wish) he spoke against the xenophobic tendencies of republicans, he went to the blacks and apologised for his anti-black voting record(politicians dont often say sorry or i'm wrong. . he did it) he want to NAACP in cincinnatti, he is soo different and he is someone immigrants like me and black peeps like me can trust.

obama is also good. no doubt. but only one person can get to oval office. McCain deserves it.

however i cant ignore the correctness of obama's foreing policy such as iraq withdrawal, afghan enhancement, time horizon vs time table etc
he is a great example for future black leaders. but McCain will get my support.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
toshmann:

the trip is all political. we know. of course we do. so also was McCains trip(s), hillary's trips, all of them. so even though i'm a republican at heart, i still know the real truth behind them all, and that is. . . . everything they are doing now is to get the votes to enter the oval offfice. period.

Uummm…. I don’t know what shell you crawled out from recently, but I just wanted to let you know that the whole world knows it is a political trip.

toshmann:

however i can't ignore the correctness of obama's foreing policy such as iraq withdrawal, afghan enhancement, time horizon vs time table etc
he is a great example for future black leaders. but McCain will get my support.
Is this thread really about policy’s or about the trip?
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Sagamite(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2008
What rubbish by this Krauthammer guy?

So what was JFK's achievements before becoming president? What was Reagan's? What was George Bush's (snr or jnr)?

So it is some great achievement to win over another idealogy (communism)? The classical American arroganism (the good vs the bad), where they are always the good.

What is wrong with a man promoting a nice virtue despite him not having developed the virtue? So Obama can only advocate for people to be good in science only after he gets a science degree?

What an utter slowpoke.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by TayoD1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Big B1,

I will be back to address the emptiness of your post. Just like Obama, you have suceeded in saying a lot, without saying anything. The sound byte is high, we can hear the decibels, but there is no distinct message. That is the hallmark of Senator Obama. While McCain may not be comparable in rhetorics, he more than compensates for it in actions. Please note that I am not a supporter of McCain either. I think in both candidates, America is faced with perhaps, its poorest choice in this generation.

@toshman,

however i can't ignore the correctness of obama's foreing policy such as iraq withdrawal, afghan enhancement, time horizon vs time table etc
I think you got it wrong here. Obama is more of time table than time horizon. Bush's policy is actually the time horizon vs time table.

Is this thread really about policy’s or about the trip?
While both can be accomodated in this discussion, the topic is really about Sen Obama's over-inflated ego. he refuses to acknowledge and expressly state that he is not an agent of change. He needs to get a different message across - that he is the product of a change in ameirca rather than being the catalyst of change. The real catalysts of change are people like Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks etc,  What change is he bringing to America? America is already changed, otherwise he wouldn't have had the opportunity to be the Democratic nominee for the President.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2008
Sagamite:

So what was JFK's achievements before becoming president? What was Reagan's? What was George Bush's (snr or jnr)?

So it is some great achievement to win over another idealogy (communism)? The classical American arroganism (the good vs the bad), where they are always the good.

What is wrong with a man promoting a nice virtue despite him not having developed the virtue? So Obama can only advocate for people to be good in science only after he gets a science degree?

What an utter slowpoke.

Correct me if I am wrong, did all the above mentioned go out to Europe in the same manner as Obama is doing right now before taking office?

ps: I so hate posts that involve this sort of back and forth but I am bored out of my mind here and needed something to distract self, while I think.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Correct me if I am wrong, did all the above mentioned go out to Europe in the same manner as Obama is doing right now before taking office?

George Bush Jnr couldn't find Europe on a map to save his life, so I am surprised he ever left Texas before ascending to the presidency, so his case is obviously an exception grin grin grin
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by TayoD1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Sagamite,

Rubbish?

The analogy here is not what was achieved prior to being President but what standing Obama has to arrogate the honours he is seking for himself. Some honours are only deserved by people who has achieved something tangible. Please tell me, what is Obama's in this case? What great thing has he done to think he should mount the podium at the Brandenburg Gate? That is the question.

Why don't you try and win over an argument with someone on nairaland and see how easy it is. Infact, try find out on nairaland alone, how many people have been persuaded to change their ideologies due to a superior argument or action by another. Get my point?

It is called hypocrisy. That is a very bad analogy. Not everyone can be scientists (this is a profession). On the other hand, anyone and everyone can learn a language even without going to school. Is Europe one indivisible country as America?

What an utter slowpoke.
I beg to differ. The Morons here are those who believe everything Obama says without questioning.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by 4Play(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2008
People keep referring to JFK as if he was an outstanding President,in reality,much of the preening coverage he gets is because of the brutal and vivid manner in which he was assassinated at the prime of his life. This was the same JFK that mis-handled the 'Bay of Pigs' invasion and Soviet-US relations ,launched the Vietnam war and didn't have the courage to introduce a stronger civil rights legislation.

Even then,JFK did have considerable foreign policy experience and comparing his resume to that of Obama smacks of gross historical illiteracy.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

ps: I so hate posts that involve this sort of back and forth but I am bored out of my mind here and needed something to distract self, while I think.

correct me if i'm wrong, is 1960 the same as 2008? grin

i am pro McCain, but i'm not anti-Obama  cheesy (i was anti hillary though grin she played horribly derogatory politics)

unless somebody is utterly delusional here. . . .we all know that evrything that has been going on in McCain's, Obama's, Hillary's life in the past 10-15 months is politically motivated . . .from obama's denial of his church/pastor, hillary's sudden love for fox news, McCain's sudden cisit to african american communities etc etc etc etc etc are all in order to get to the oval office. the jibjab.com stuff said it all . . .as a joke. . . but it is true wink
we know. that's part of democracy
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
toshmann:

correct me if i'm wrong, is 1960 the same as 2008? grin

Please tell me you meant that as a joke. I beg you,  please do, cause,  I mean,  seriously,
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by vigasimple(m): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
The right wing conspiracy is to find something somehow to derail OBAMA .  With respect some of it is a disguise racism. The article is to pierce OBAMA's veil and strong defence

First, the guy OBAMA is better than any of the Republican party candidate and I dare say even better than all of them put together.

Secondly, the Republican party brand is seriously damaged as a result of a combination of dumb President GW Bush , rightwing ideological warfare, also fighting the wrong wars in the name of International terrorism/islamic terrorrsim. Where is their WMD when even a secondary school student knows that there are no WMD before invasion, they later change the reason for invading Iraq to be Regime change. (if I may ask, how is regime change the business of USA)

More importantly, the economy is stupid thanks to spending well over $1 Trillion dollars in a phoney war in Iraq, loosing  over 4000 US soldiers and well over 100,000 iraqis. All the US infrastractures has not got the benefits of modernisation.

For OBAMA to be President he has to do more than an average white candidate will do. Think about it, in a normal situation how do you put an energetic/charistmatic 46 years old against a 72years old geriatic to face each other.

If Obama did not blow out Mccain in a landslide comes November, it will simply means that America is still struggling with Black as in Race. if Obama can thump the Clinton machine with all their juggernut, even a damaged article called Republican party will fight dirty but should not necessarily prevail.

The bottom line is that the GOP is just looking for help everywhere to derail OBAMA election. They underestimate the guy because he is skinny and 'lack experience', but all those experience with others has not resulted in good judgement.

There are a lot of codes trying to make the guys elitist and aloof, out of touch and not a ordinary guy to have beer with. His biography suggested otherwise. Think about it, a blackman without all those family name and connection.  CHANGE IS NOT EASY BUT IT IS COMING TO AMERICA. TO ELECT A BLACKMAN/BI-RACIAL MAN AS PRESIDENT OF USA IS A BIG CHANGE THAT IS WHY ALL THESE RESISTANCE.

Expect the GOP to throw the kitchen sink like Hillary Clinton did, but my instinct tells me that it will fail as it does with Hillary.

Just another predicition, he will appoint Evan Bayh as his VP and win alll the states won by Kerry and win Indiana and Colorado, propably lose New hampshire and scored 271 Electoral votes at minimum.

If everything goes well, he may even win N Mexico, nevada OHIO, Virginina and even North carolina.

The whole purpose of the trip is to see how President OBAMA will look in the photo against world leader and I predict he will look well and the world will get used to it.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ vigacomplex( grin)

1. i dont think derailing obama is racism. i think it's simply politics. john kerry was derailed too. he was said to have had an illegitimate child and his war record was challenged. what could be worse. it is politics, not racism

2. obama is not better than all the republican candidates. it is a subjective assesment by you

3.Bush and McCain are not the same thing. that is the story Obama and co are selling. . . politics

4. Obama was aided somehow by his skin color. his skin color was an advantage as well as a disadvantage. . .how many times do record numbers of AA vote overwhelmingly for one candidate in a primary. same way bill clinton was an advantage as well as a disadvantage for hillary. same way as McCain's rlshp with bush is an advantage and disadvantage for him.

5. this is politics. . . get it into your skull. it aint racism. obama had millions of white voters and fund raisers. no white person complains. if a black person votes for hillary/McCain all AA will scream sell-out. who then is the racist.

in politics anything can happen. in 2000 republican primaries . . it was rumoured that john McCain had an illegitimate chils with an asian prostitute. . . lol . . . .it turned out that the child was an asian girl his wife adopted. . . . lol . . so dont think Obama will escape the hard politics simply b/c he is black.

@kobo

why do you single out obama's travel for criticism. they all travelled and in 2008 travelling to europe seems to be important in the election unlike in 1960. these are different times, different generations and stop using kennedy's campaign methods to judge the methods of a 2008 campaign. kennedy never used the internet to raise fund in 1960, did he?
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
toshmann:

@kobo

why do you single out obama's travel for criticism. they all travelled and in 2008 travelling to europe seems to be important in the election unlike in 1960. these are different times, different generations and stop using kennedy's campaign methods to judge the methods of a 2008 campaign. kennedy never used the internet to raise fund in 1960, did he?

I am singling out Obama's travel for criticism? Did McCain travel to Europe ? Please focus on the article and it's issues and not on my person. They all traveled in 2008 does not mean they all travelled in like manner. Going out to visit the troops and visit a few heads of state is not same as going out to give a speech as he is doing at this time( I mean Barack). If you actually read the posts, you would realize I was not the one who used Kennedy's campaign method to Jugde obama's. Someone actually posted that in support of obama's position and I pointed out that those, including kennedy actually embarked on such after they became president, not before. If becoming a presidential candidate is all the reason he needs to lift himself up on that pedestal which he plans to or already has, then I say you believe as you want but please do not use some ridiculous "1960 is not 2008" excuse.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2008
they all travelled. wether europe, afghanistan or mexico. . . they all travelled. must obama make the exact travels of McCain? these peeps are politicians and they know what is relevant for their campaigns. if McCain feels travelling to the moon will boost his campaign . . . fine. . . . if obama feels travelling to ajegunle will help his campaign fine. dont ask me if McCain trav elled to europe or if he gave a speech

this is politics . . get it.

after all hannity said they dont know obama that is why they go for his associates. . . well you dont know him yet he knew his pastor for 20yrs, knew some linkage in indonesia with some one questionable. . .when obama was just 6 yrs old, . . . etc . . alla politics

get it into your skull, this is politics. McCain plays it well too. Hillary wa bullyish about it. and only Heaven knows what will happen if Bill joins the campaign.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
Now you are just rambling @Toshman. This being politics is reason why it is being discussed here. I am not sure if you have a point or anything to offer but if not, I suggest you please go ahead, address others, and skip my posts here. I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to argue if anything.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by 4Play(m): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2008
McCain travelled to Europe,as have a lot of American presidential candidates in the past. What makes Obama's visit remarkable for its imperiousness is that he chose certain historical landmarks in what is merely a trip to boost his prospects.

Think of it this way,would foreign politicians in their presidential campaigns come to the US and request the use of major US national landmarks as backdrops to their campaigns? That would be,and rightly so,perceived as a slight,demeaning the significance of such places.

No US politician goes over to Europe(apart from Obama of course) and makes such requests either. Its one thing doing it as President,its quite another doing it while you are still a mere Senator campaigning for President.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Now you are just rambling @Toshman. It is politics is the reason why it is being discussed as it is. I am not sure if you have a point or anything to offer but if not, I suggest you please go ahead and address others and skip my posts here. I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to argue if anything.

try and skip mine too . . . . cheesy

phew . . .thank God
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by TayoD1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2008
@4play,

McCain travelled to Europe,as have a lot of American presidential candidates in the past. What makes Obama's visit remarkable for its imperiousness is that he chose certain historical landmarks in what is merely a trip to boost his prospects.

Think of it this way,would foreign politicians in their presidential campaigns come to the US and request the use of major US national landmarks as backdrops to their campaigns? That would be,and rightly so,perceived as a slight,demeaning the significance of such places.

No US politician goes over to Europe(apart from Obama of course) and makes such requests either. Its one thing doing it as President,its quite another doing it while you are still a mere Senator campaigning for President.
And in the process, making a fool of himself as the Germans politely declined his request. Wa it not Jesus who said it is better to be invited to a position of dignity than to assume that position and be asked to vacate it? i guess our politicians can learn from Him as well.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2008
Tayo-D:

@4play,
And in the process, making a fool of himself as the Germans politely declined his request.

in your assesment.

his supporters think otherwise. they are most important to him. he needs the votes and not your intellectual assesment of his decisions.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
i think there are too many people anxious to criticise Obama to show they are color neutral. I dont support Obama 100% (i cant even vote anyway) . . . but to be frank . . . i'd choose any idiot now over McSame.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

i think there are too many people anxious to criticise McCain to show they are color neutral. I don't support McCain 100% (i can't even vote anyway) . . . but to be frank . . . i'd choose any idiot now over obamarama.

hhhmm, wonder if that works!!! double ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

i think there are too many people anxious to criticise Obama to show they are color neutral. I don't support Obama 100% (i can't even vote anyway) . . . but to be frank . . . i'd choose any idiot now over McSame.

but dave this is all politics. this guy was hated by the republicans too. the conservative base of the republican party was on his neck. yet he is branded by the democrats as McBush. see? it's all politics cheesy
he was virtually nominated by the moderates. and he is doing well

i'm not anti obama (like kob. . .  lipsrsealed ) . . . . i'm just pro McCain . . and anti devil hillary angry
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by TayoD1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Davidylan,

i think there are too many people anxious to criticise Obama to show they are color neutral. I don't support Obama 100% (i can't even vote anyway) . . . but to be frank . . . i'd choose any idiot now over McSame.
So you think the criticim isn't justifiable?

in your assesment.
his supporters think otherwise. they are most important to him. he needs the votes and not your intellectual assesment of his decisions.
Of course I expect such a judgement from an objective observer. to his followers however, Obama the Messiah can never be wrong.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by 4Play(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
toshmann:

in your assesment.

The debate is not on whether his trip will cost him votes or not.His supporters will always applaud him even for blowing his nose. The debate is on how this trip shines a light into Obama's personality.Without a doubt,the electorate does elect people who make fools of themselves,until they get into power and make fools of the nation.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Of course I expect such a judgement from an objective observer. to his followers however, Obama the Messiah can never be wrong.

You are no longer allowed to be objective without being labelled ANTI - this and that. Sometimes I wonder how old these people really are,  lol I can sit here and criticize Bush, McCain and even Hillary, no one would even yawn but as soon as Obama is being subjected to same, you are the devil , LOL!!
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,

Wosai! who says criticism isnt justifiable? I'd be uncomfortable to be electing a man for such an important office on a free passage. I'm just tired of seeing criticism for criticism sake, lets be candid if Obama were white there'd be no question about who would be occupying the white house in January.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2008
Kobo, being objective isnt exactly your strongest point.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

I doubt you know what it means to be objective @David. For one you should not be talking.
Re: Obama - The Audacity Of Vanity by toshmann(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

lipsrsealed

Kobojunkie:

I doubt you know what it means to be objective @David. For one you should not be talking.

lipsrsealed

davidylan:

Wosai! who says criticism isnt justifiable? I'd be uncomfortable to be electing a man for such an important office on a free passage. I'm just tired of seeing criticism for criticism sake, lets be candid if Obama were white there'd be no question about who would be occupying the white house in January.

perhaps if he were white he may not have got all those african american votes en masse and may not have been nominated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Who Performed At Obama's Inauguration Shot Dead In Chicago / The Iron Beam: Israel’s Laser Defense System Upgrade From Iron Dome / What Is The Difference Between England, Great Britain And United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.