Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? (13548 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: Moreover, Odemwingie said he doesn't like playing in the wings, that was one of the reasons why he got problems with his former club coach. Will he agree to seat on the bench, remember he started having problems with Keshi after he was substituted in a match against Rwanda. He insulted Keshi for having the guts to substitute him, he also insulted Lagerback in one of his Twitter rants for benching him at the world cup. Is that the kind of player you guys want in the world cup? Are you a Nigeria fan or Odemwingie fan?

Most of them are Odemwinge's slaves, not Nigeria fans. They couldn't care less about the Eagles so long as their favourite mixed race 'oyinbo' prince is in the team.

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Polio: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
collynzo2:
Form = 30%
Experience = he doesn't have experience of winning any trophy for club or country like many of our present players have.
Fitness = 50%
Willingness to give 100% = 0

This is ridiculous....

You dont know football at all my friend!

Form has been ok, how did u arrive at 30%? Go and dig up stats and tell me if Odemwingie has been rated 3/10 for every game he has played

Experiencer, Musa and Ideye dont have the wealth of experience he has ...

Everything i have stated above are based on cold hard facts, i dont do conjectures ... Go and do more research and then you can debate this issue with me, till then, i dont have time for any sentimental folk whipping up inconsistencies and conjectures all over the thread!!!!
Fitness, if he is not fit, he won't be starting at a premiership club, so stuff this crap back your own as..shole!

Willingness to give 100% you can't measure because you have to ask him first .. And you and i know the is keen on getting back into the fold
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by zicky(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bizibi: ok ooo,everyone is entitled to his opinion as fr me using Musa in that position in the world cup will be a disaster,I rest my case till then
Forget the fools, hw will someone b comparing osaze n musa dat he can run den he should leave football n start competing with usain bolt. Osaze hav bin able 2 win epl player of d mnth more dan 1ce n dey keep mentioning Ideye, muss(run without brain), oduamadi(seria B)
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: Stop comparing Balotelli to Odemwingie, he has already scored more than 10 goals for Italy in a very short time. Odemwingie has 9 goals in 10 years for Nigeria. Balotelli has played for the likes of Inter, Man City and now Milan, Odemwingie is being benched by Cardiff now after sitting on the bench for west brom.
Stop that daft comparison.
its not a matter of comparison,osaze is a nigerian,balotelli is an italian.shey emenike and ideye av scored plenty of goalz,but i bet you if they act the way balotelli acts,they would get the same treatment as osaze.its the 9ja mentality of "no player is bigger than 9ja" without giving the player due respect.for the fact that he even rejected is it russia to play for 9ja,ask me why alaba plays for austria instead of nigeria,the nff disrespected him
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: its not a matter of comparison,osaze is a nigerian,balotelli is an italian.shey emenike and ideye av scored plenty of goalz,but i bet you if they act the way balotelli acts,they would get the same treatment as osaze.its the 9ja mentality of "no player is bigger than 9ja" without giving the player due respect.for the fact that he even rejected is it russia to play for 9ja,ask me why alaba plays for austria instead of nigeria,the nff disrespected him
You keep making ridiculous statements, when did Russia invite him? Russia isn't even better at football than Nigeria, so what is the fuss about? Yes no player is bigger than Nigeria.
How is Alaba enjoying his career with useless Austria now?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
I am watching the Cardiff vs Arsenal match, they brought in Odemwingie in the second half to change the game, but he hardly touched the ball and things got worse for them. Hearing you guys rant about Odemwingie all the time you would think he is as good as Ronaldo and Messi.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Obiagu1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Osazie Odewinge:

Nigeria:
Olympic Silver Medal (1): 2008
Africa Cup of Nations:
Third Place (3): 2004, 2006, 2010

Ahmed Musa

CSKA Moscow:
Russian Premier League (1): 2012–13
Russian Cup (1): 2012–13
Russian Super Cup (1): 2013

Nigeria:
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013
WAFU Nations Cup (1): 2010
African Youth Championship U-20 (1): 2011

I will always pick the golden boy Ahmed Musa over egocentric and unruly Odewinge.

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: You keep making ridiculous statements, when did Russia invite him? Russia isn't even better at football than Nigeria, so what is the fuss about? Yes no player is bigger than Nigeria.
How is Alaba enjoying his career with useless Austria now?
he's njoyin it yes,you can ask him.not nigeria that would accept you 2day and dump you 2moro.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
striker9: Don't compare Ideye and Osaze based on there club performance,judging by club football,I think Aiyegbeni should still be naija number one striker.
Aiyegbeni was a far better player than Osaze but he is nowhere near number one in terms of achievement or goal scoring as Yekini is way above him both country and club level.
Kanu with two goals in Arsenal's top 13 goals and part of Arsenal's top 100 players of all time is certainly Naija's number one when career achievement is put into consideration.
Osaze scored just 9 goals for Nigeria in 9 whole years yet we tag him the best,even Asamoa Gyan had better impact with Ghana national team in less than that period.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boss1310(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=Emmadani]u mean u just said osaze isn't charismatic for 9ja,are you kidding me,like seriously when did you start following 9ja futbal?Gawd.i would never advice any body to sacrifice himself for 9ja cos its a waste of tym.seriously[/quote
first i can bet my life that i started watching football be it national team or club football before you.i watched odewingie's first match for Nigeria against angola for tunisia 2004 nations cup in benin,a match that ended 2-2.that was in 2003,a decade before that i watched on CFI(theres nothing like super sports then)eagles first qualification against algeria in algiers,i cant forget finidi's equaliser and how we nearly damage our principal's garage zinc.so my guy for the fact you said that osaze is a charismatic leader in eagles you either dont know the meaning of charisma or just blindly love osas.i wish osaze well but currently he is not in a good place.osaze have only two great years in nigerian football and it was 2004 and 2008.other years he was better in his club football
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Please Osaze was eligible to play for UZBEKISTAN, not Russia. If anything, he's supposed to be grateful to us cuz he would've been an obscure Uzbek player.

3 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Obiagu1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nonso23:

My good friend, all these statistics you are posting here is nothing short of extreme sentimentalism. Since when did having musa play for the eagles guarantee our success??
The awards you listed above are "joint" awards which is due to the team's work and discipline and should never be attributed to a one player alone.
Why don't you bring up a better list of personal awards both players have gotten for themselves. Then your choice between them both and its backing reason will hold some water. Right now all I see up there is sentiments cool

I'm only trying to put Osazie where he belongs just like Cardiff is putting him where he belongs by playing Campbell ahead of him.
Osazie is a very average player who has won nothing in a decade playing for Nigeria. He had never been spectacular for us nor had been a game changer for us. Why people call for him is beyond me. Is it because he is mixed?

Why not call for John Utaka who just last year led a lowly Montpellier to Ligue 1 championship?
Why Osazie with 9 goals in a decade while playing for Nigeria as a regular?
Why not Yakubu Aiyegbeni who is still banging in goals in China?

I think Osazie fans are disturbing our peace!
They should rather channel their campaign to Cardiff to play him regularly.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: u mean u just said osaze isn't charismatic for 9ja,are you kidding me,like seriously when did you start following 9ja futbal?Gawd.i would never advice any body to sacrifice himself for 9ja cos its a waste of tym.seriously

So why do you want him called up then. We don't want to 'waste his time.'. Please Nigerian football has moved on. Nations Cup holders, U-17 World Cup holders, Sambaland bound. Biko, I take God beg una. The past is past and Osaze is in the past. Let us look forward. People wey dey look back dey turn to pillar of salt.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Johniky19(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
he doesn't deserve to be in the super eagles national team, just because we are going to play world cup where the world will see. why didn't he participate in afcon Nigeria won and all the hard works they played to qualify for the world cup. so they will remove some players from the team and put him. please they should forget about this guy and focus on the ones we have now. because if they insist in calling him is going to be a very big disaster.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
Obiagu1:

I'm only trying to put Osazie where he belongs just like Cardiff is putting him where he belongs by playing Campbell ahead of him.
Osazie is a very average player who has won nothing in a decade playing for Nigeria. He had never been spectacular for us nor had been a game changer for us. Why people call for him is beyond me. Is it because he is mixed?

Yes..it is because he is mixed-race and these are his colour-transfixed slaves calling for him to be re-instated in the team against all common sense and reason. If he was a regular black player like the others they would have forgotten about him long time ago. Just call them the dregs of colonialism....scum of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by osaxx: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: So a lot of people here have been clamouring for Osaze to be re-called to the Super Eagles recently, I just want to know....WHY? Sentiments apart, irrespective of past glory, with the sole focus being his current form and playing time, does Osaze really deserve a call-up? Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary? Why do Nigerians get a kick out of re-cycling old bones? Aren't there younger, fitter, more agile Nigerians that are more deserving of a call-up? Why must it be Osaze?

who will play the world cup proper without OSAZE....he deserve more than a call up....he deserve an apology....osaze has a world class spirit....if we play that our current line up...we will be exposed on how we won the nation's cup by God's grace
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
osaxx:

who will play the world cup proper without OSAZE....he deserve more than a call up....he deserve an apology....osaze has a world class spirit....if we play that our current line up...we will be exposed on how we won the nation's cup by God's grace
just like Italy 'exposed' us when we played a major second XI side against them? Abeg no dey yarn dust, Osaze isn't good enough to even bench Ameobi and Dike. You're a fellow Osas so your opinion is understandable
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by victorlexa(m): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Osaze shud kp dreaming.. wat did he even play 2day against arsenal? Went 2 fake a dive in arsenals box bt cudnt win a pk,nw caused d next goal as arsenal broke quickly on d counter... Tho we cnt use 1 game 2 judge bt i dnt see anitin special in him again #myopinion
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by usbcable(m): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
osaxx:

Guy,
@ the bolded
who is to apologise to him
and for what reason

is it the coaches he has insulted in the past
or the fans of the clubs he played for he insulted
or Nigeria that should apologise to him for his unruly behaviours in camp
or wetin sef
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by guente02(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
When we were in the streets (qualification), where was him? *in Incompatibility phyno's voice*
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by iamdsam: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2013
safarigirl: of course he'll be at the World Cup, he can go with Nigeria's Supporters Club.
This girl! You wicked o!
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 12:47am On Dec 01, 2013
bizibrain: U av a point dere, Moses is also a flop @ liverpool yet he played wonderful game with flair 4 super eagle.

Sometimes its a wrong assesion 2 judge a player by club performances because dey may b played off dere natural position @ dere club just likes moses which result 2 a flop.
Moses flop at Liverpool?
I give up....
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 12:49am On Dec 01, 2013
Emmadani: even if sturridge scores a 100 goal more than rooney,in the england shirt,rooney would keep him on bench.futbal is a mind game bro.
Strikers are judged by the number of goals scored and not the number of games played.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by iamdsam: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Considering his previous hardworking performances he used to have, I would have loved him to be in the team. But this team has come a long way and I don't see Osaze fitting into the team. He might not even be able to perform to expectations because his previous actions might affect him psychologically. I don't see Osaze in the team.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 1:05am On Dec 01, 2013
osaxx:

You prolly got problem understanding the phrase "world class",Odewingie has never being a world class player. He is an average player who has played for average teams all his life.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boss1310(m): 4:01am On Dec 01, 2013
some of the people calling for osaze to bench musa doesnt know that one of the main quarrel he had with siasia at olympics 2008 and later in super eagles was because osaze wants to be played as a striker not winger.osaze is naturally a striker so i ask his disciples,do u think osas can compete against emenike or ameobi in eagles today.dnt think so.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by bichikay(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2013
osaze wetinno be him be the cause of the third goal scored by Ramsey yesterday??Have watched few of the matched he played,the guy dey play beautiful nonsense.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by BrutusOj(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2013
This SAFARIGIRL or whateva....why all dis hate on Osaze?u tink ur nairaland thread can stop Osaze from being called up? I wonder who is deciving u to be a football analyst..as far as Nigerian is concerned,we don't av any winger beta than Osaze despite his age..list just 3 wingers dat matches Osaze..Moses who is at d moment one of d best wu stil bow for Osaze..u guys wu come to nairaland n spit ur personal hatred coment abt dis guy like u had a nightmare abt him..
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by nickxtra(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2013
Forza p: IMO,osaze is beta dan all our wingers expect moses
pls watch your spellings
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by nickxtra(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2013
Whether Osaze or not, all I know is that Kelechi Iheanacho must be in the squad to the World Cup in Brazil.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sohot1(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2013
safarigirl: Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary?

OP, I disagree wt u dat Musa doesn't deserve a place in d super eagles team. I see alot of u not seeing d good in ds guy...despite d troubles he gives to defenders freely...

Osaze needs humility classes otherwise, he is still good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Austria: Cyprus Women's Cup - 1 - 4 (Full Time) / Wenger Insists Arsenal Are "In Good Shape" Despite Woeful Start To The Season / Don’t Take South Africa For Granted, Fans Caution Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.