Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer (25813 Views)

I Need A Wireless Hotspot Management Software For A Cafe / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Browse Free With Pc Using Your Fone As A Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by confusion247(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Well done OP.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by snazzie: 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Adewasco2k@This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.....
lemme av ur e-mail pls
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Raymondfayowole: Does it work on window xp

yes it does (windows xp, 7, 8 or 8.1)
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by babsomotde(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice work-up, wasconet. Will check it up. That means that the Data plans in Nigeria will be use more. I now see a way to exhaust this extra MB that lie till expiring date on my data plan modem. Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
snazzie: Adewasco2k@This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.....
lemme av ur e-mail pls

like seriously? wink i won myself a price? oya PM me before Arsenal match start
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by snazzie: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k:

like seriously? wink i won myself a price? oya PM me before Arsenal match start
Yea ..won ursev mor a trophy..jes nid mor elab. On d operational mthd
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Mikocake(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
Can I browse on my pc with etisalat bis using this?? Pls I need urgent reply
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by doofanc: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: On Windows, you can set up an adhoc network, is slightly more complex but at least you dont have to download any third party software you dont fully know.

how do you do that?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mikocake: Can I browse on my pc with etisalat bis using this?? Pls I need urgent reply

sure!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Celepope: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Please is there any app or software one can get that enables you have WiFi on your phone where there is no internet data on your phone?My girl friend use to have one on her phone but after she formatted her phone she lost it and can't remember the name if not she would have redownloaded it.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by eluquenson(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
I will try it on my lappy
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by eaglechild: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
Can one create a WLAN on a windows 8 system and link it to a windows 7 system?
I've been trying to do that without any head way.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Obascoetubi: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
PLS MY WINDOW VISTA DONT HAV WIFI, HOW DO I CONNECT MY ANDROID PHONE WIT IT AS A WIRELESS MODE?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by doofanc: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
the chosen one:

Androids and virtually all other mobile phone operating systems can't see adhoc networks. Infact it's just Ipad I know that sees them

what of windows operated phones? eg nokia lumia. will it be able to connect to d adhoc? pls ur reply will be appreciated
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by doofanc: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
double post
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by doofanc: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by contactmorak: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
So MTN,Glo etc have been living on ignorant peeps?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ify84(m): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
bookmarked..... so dat when I stumble on a computer with permanent internet.... I will just configure and enjoy with my phone
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by kelvinlink: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
Great idea. Has anyone tried it with Glo Bis i did just now and it didn't work. Pls confirm.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ITbomb(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
No WPA Security
Not good for me
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ivycrest: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Enjoy BIS one for one promo on 0809ja.
Pay for one month blackerry complete plan for #1000, and get the following month for free.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Mikocake(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k:

sure!
woow tanx
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by GetGuide: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
booked

let me test it
brb
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k: This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.

Personally I didn’t know Blackberry devices can ping without BIS before now but yes, I do ping on my blackberry 9930 using wireless connection from my computer see picture below for proof. The number of devices that can be connected is unlimited also, so you can connect your friend’s laptops, connect your iPhone, iPad, Androids all sharing the same internet.

Trust me they are many software that can achieve this, most of them are not free like the popular Connectify but this method by using Virtual Router Manager is the easiest I have come across and is totally free.

1. Download Virtual Router Manager from here http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/58218 just 1.3MB
2. Install it on your Windows Computer
3. Open the Virtual Router Manager and type in a Network Name (SSID) , also type in a password, (note it must be up to 8 characters), select the internet connection you want to share
4. Now click start Virtual Router Manger
5. Now you can turn-on wireless on your devices and you will see the network name, connect to it with the password you have created and you will have internet access from the computer.

If when you clicked start Virtual Router Manager you get a message that says “group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” then all you have to do is on your start menu search CMD and right-click on it and run as administrator when a DOS environment comes up just type in this “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow” without the quote and hit enter, now it should work fine.

Source: http://wasconet.com/how-to-share-internet-connection-to-devices-from-a-computer/
Bookmarked.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by swaystunna(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pls hw does dis work, hw can one create an internet access,,cos wen I did errthing thr was no internet access !
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Emmyk(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Just downloaded it. Trying it on my laptop right away.

I use Connectifier tho.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Cusubaba(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k: This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.

Personally I didn’t know Blackberry devices can ping without BIS before now but yes, I do ping on my blackberry 9930 using wireless connection from my computer see picture below for proof. The number of devices that can be connected is unlimited also, so you can connect your friend’s laptops, connect your iPhone, iPad, Androids all sharing the same internet.

Trust me they are many software that can achieve this, most of them are not free like the popular Connectify but this method by using Virtual Router Manager is the easiest I have come across and is totally free.

1. Download Virtual Router Manager from here http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/58218 just 1.3MB
2. Install it on your Windows Computer
3. Open the Virtual Router Manager and type in a Network Name (SSID) , also type in a password, (note it must be up to 8 characters), select the internet connection you want to share
4. Now click start Virtual Router Manger
5. Now you can turn-on wireless on your devices and you will see the network name, connect to it with the password you have created and you will have internet access from the computer.

If when you clicked start Virtual Router Manager you get a message that says “group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” then all you have to do is on your start menu search CMD and right-click on it and run as administrator when a DOS environment comes up just type in this “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow” without the quote and hit enter, now it should work fine.

Source: http://wasconet.com/how-to-share-internet-connection-to-devices-from-a-computer/
pls how can I used cdma phone in nigeria? someone sent HTC one phone to me from USA but the phone doesnt have sim card and battery. pls how i can used HTC one wireless CDMA phone in Nigeria?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Alenkakent(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Can someone pls send the virtual router to me on BBM? My browser is not downloading the software... Anyone pls, my pin is 313B1607
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by winteriscoming: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: On Windows, you can set up an adhoc network, is slightly more complex but at least you dont have to download any third party software you dont fully know.

Sorry to disappoint, but most devices except laptops require an access point which ad-hocs don't have.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Rapheal940(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice 0ne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tools To Bypass Firewalls / Case studies : It Is Not Always The Power Ic / Guides For Buying New Laptops For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.