Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,977 members, 7,821,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer (25811 Views)

I Need A Wireless Hotspot Management Software For A Cafe / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Browse Free With Pc Using Your Fone As A Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Sike(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Subscribed. Thank OP
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by holluwai(m): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nice post but like a few others I am unable to change to chose the network I want to share. It remains NONE. How do I change this....thanks!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
adewasco2k:

Yes i was not expecting you to see freedom as an option though. if Mobile Broadband is all you see then you have to go setup your freedom to share internet so you will see another option there

I have still not used my freedom software internet via wifi.................i have both connectify and virtual wifi but still cant browse....can i actually connect to internet via tunneling software like freedom.. I have been using freedom paid package since 3 years now.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Raphtop(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
What more can i say
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
cowleg:

I have still not used my freedom software internet via wifi.................i have both connectify and virtual wifi but still cant browse....can i actually connect to internet via tunneling software like freedom.. I have been using freedom paid package since 3 years now.

I am using tunnelGuru VPN and i can share the internet, dont know about Freedom
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 10, 2013
adewasco2k:

I am using tunnelGuru VPN and i can share the internet, dont know about Freedom
how fast and reliable is tunnelguru when compared to freedom? Do u use it to watch videos and skype'? Because my freedom dnt skype even after download proxifier.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Mikocake(m): 1:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Please any idea on the network security key for etisalat..I want to connect my phone to my pc using hotspot.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 1:06am On Dec 10, 2013
Emzybrown:
how fast and reliable is tunnelguru when compared to freedom? Do u use it to watch videos and skype'? Because my freedom dnt skype even after download proxifier.

super fast and smooth on Skype, but mind you i am not using it to browse free, rather for proxy purposes
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 10, 2013
adewasco2k:

super fast and smooth on Skype, but mind you i am not using it to browse free, rather for proxy purposes

Can you explain to me, how it works and how much do you pay monthly?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Emzybrown:

Can you explain to me, how it works and how much do you pay monthly?

No mucxh configurations, i use it on MTN and Etisalat subscriptions and i pay $3.5 per month
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2013
adewasco2k:

No mucxh configurations, i use it on MTN and Etisalat subscriptions and i pay $3.5 per month

I downloaded tunnel guru but it is not installing, it said i should update my java with at-least java6, i upgraded to latest java 7 and yet its not installing, now its saying i should "add java bin folder path in windows path system variable" do you have idea what this mean?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Emzybrown:

I downloaded tunnel guru but it is not installing, it said i should update my java with at-least java6, i upgraded to latest java 7 and yet its not installing, now its saying i should "add java bin folder path in windows path system variable" do you have idea what this mean?

That's a common problem with a little fix, just read here and see pictures too for guidance

http://tunnelguru.com/vpnhelp/Java_Command_Not_Found_TunnelGuru.htm
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Geedhey(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
i tried out the code but yet same problem persist it's not connecting yet any idea on how to fix it i"m using w7
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
adewasco2k:

That's a common problem with a little fix, just read here and see pictures too for guidance

http://tunnelguru.com/vpnhelp/Java_Command_Not_Found_TunnelGuru.htm

Ok sir i can now connect to my other laptop but when i open mozilla browser it says proxy refuse connection, is there any configuration for web browsers to use shared internet connection.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by pxjosh(m): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Copied
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by dybaba(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
You have got a mail...

Netz2: connectifier still remain the best of all

if u need the original product key u can email moi @

degbooye@gmail.com
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by SPN519: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2015
OSToto Hotspot allows a quick and easy setup of WiFi hotspot. As long as you have an internet-available computer with an enabled wireless adapter, you can use this Wi-Fi hotspot creator to setup a sharing hotspot and send the internet connection to friends nearby.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by cozy7(m): 2:00am On Dec 24, 2015
Good day sir, plz i just downloaded d software, but wen i clicked START VITUAL ROUTER, a pop up appeared saying A DEVICE ATTACHED TO THE SYSTEM IS NOT FUNCTIONING. Plz help me out n tell me what to do?
adewasco2k:
This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.

Personally I didn’t know Blackberry devices can ping without BIS before now but yes, I do ping on my blackberry 9930 using wireless connection from my computer see picture below for proof. The number of devices that can be connected is unlimited also, so you can connect your friend’s laptops, connect your iPhone, iPad, Androids all sharing the same internet.

Trust me they are many software that can achieve this, most of them are not free like the popular Connectify but this method by using Virtual Router Manager is the easiest I have come across and is totally free.

1. Download Virtual Router Manager from here http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/58218 just 1.3MB
2. Install it on your Windows Computer
3. Open the Virtual Router Manager and type in a Network Name (SSID) , also type in a password, (note it must be up to 8 characters), select the internet connection you want to share
4. Now click start Virtual Router Manger
5. Now you can turn-on wireless on your devices and you will see the network name, connect to it with the password you have created and you will have internet access from the computer.

If when you clicked start Virtual Router Manager you get a message that says “group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” then all you have to do is on your start menu search CMD and right-click on it and run as administrator when a DOS environment comes up just type in this “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow” without the quote and hit enter, now it should work fine.

Source: http://wasconet.com/how-to-share-internet-connection-to-devices-from-a-computer/
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by silvernus0: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tools To Bypass Firewalls / Case studies : It Is Not Always The Power Ic / Guides For Buying New Laptops For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.