Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer (25799 Views)

I Need A Wireless Hotspot Management Software For A Cafe / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Browse Free With Pc Using Your Fone As A Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.

Personally I didn’t know Blackberry devices can ping without BIS before now but yes, I do ping on my blackberry 9930 using wireless connection from my computer see picture below for proof. The number of devices that can be connected is unlimited also, so you can connect your friend’s laptops, connect your iPhone, iPad, Androids all sharing the same internet.

Trust me they are many software that can achieve this, most of them are not free like the popular Connectify but this method by using Virtual Router Manager is the easiest I have come across and is totally free.

1. Download Virtual Router Manager from here http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/58218 just 1.3MB
2. Install it on your Windows Computer
3. Open the Virtual Router Manager and type in a Network Name (SSID) , also type in a password, (note it must be up to 8 characters), select the internet connection you want to share
4. Now click start Virtual Router Manger
5. Now you can turn-on wireless on your devices and you will see the network name, connect to it with the password you have created and you will have internet access from the computer.

If when you clicked start Virtual Router Manager you get a message that says “group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” then all you have to do is on your start menu search CMD and right-click on it and run as administrator when a DOS environment comes up just type in this “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow” without the quote and hit enter, now it should work fine.

Source: http://wasconet.com/how-to-share-internet-connection-to-devices-from-a-computer/

9 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by buzmail1: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Good work guy

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by obosirow: 8:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ocheejemb: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Unless BIS changed recently on older phones as well, you can't use BBM without an active BIS subscription. Maybe they changed the rules since everything can connect to BBM now.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ocheejemb: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
On Windows, you can set up an adhoc network, is slightly more complex but at least you dont have to download any third party software you dont fully know.

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by MrOlodo(m): 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
[size=24pt] plz help Sexkillz banned me till 2106 before he left Nairaland [/size]

Moderators plz don't hide my post I have right to speak grin

d ban z in my profile picture grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Adeola894(m): 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow! This is awesome!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by sonety2k(m): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice One
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Drsnives(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Front page tinz...dancin skelewu in my bath rum.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Netz2(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
connectifier still remain the best of all

if u need the original product key u can email moi @

degbooye@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow I mean meow
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ichommy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by codernoni: 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
You can use wifi to ping on ur bb ONLY if you have an active BIS. I dont know how the phones/RIM coy know sha.
Nice app OP
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by goldenagoh(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
grin , chai my own don better......... i will surely kill glo with this.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by chelseabmw(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt] plz help Sexkillz banned me till 2106 before he left Nairaland [/size]

Moderators plz don't hide my post I have right to speak grin

d ban z in my profile picture grin

What language is this? As common as english you can even use comma or fullstop. What stops you from saying 'Plz help! Or plz help,Sexkillz banned me till...........'

Before I forget,LIKE if u think this dude is a Mediocre

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Well done but I don't use a software for such. I simply use the Windows inbuilt adhoc feature.

Just type "adhoc" into the Windows search bar in the Start Menu and follow the instruction.

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow i will checkout, benefits of being a lander, usefull info, apart from my galfriend nairaland is my second companion.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by samadream(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
smileyHooray nice piece of information,my wife just got iphone so The informations by the op is long way helpful,many thanks, I need to bookmark this,plus did I make it to the first page?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by bisayor(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Works perfectly.. I can connect my iphone and psp all at once. Good work bro!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Netz2: connectifier still remain the best of all

degbooye@gmail.com

you are right CONNECTIFY is better and easy to use.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
Netz2: connectifier still remain the best of all

degbooye@gmail.com

i said it, connectify is the best but not free and i dnt support cracks and shared keys

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by kenn100: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by mrofficial(m): 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Connectify remains the best. If you're using Windows 8, you may need the latest software of Connectify.

Download Connectify (www.connectify.me). Or download a cracked version from filecrop.com.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Brimmie(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
Connectify Rockkss!!!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Brimmie(m): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
samadream: smileyHooray nice piece of information,my wife just got iphone so The informations by the op is long way helpful,many thanks, I need to bookmark this,plus did I make it to the first page?
Bros.. U don old na
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by thechosenone: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: On Windows, you can set up an adhoc network, is slightly more complex but at least you dont have to download any third party software you dont fully know.

Androids and virtually all other mobile phone operating systems can't see adhoc networks. Infact it's just Ipad I know that sees them

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by siraj1402(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
I've used this before but I prefer connetify because once u give someone chance to connect with u while using vatual router, anytime u are available the person will be connecting to u automatically with no restriction but with connectify u can disengage someone without let them know,they will be connected but not browse and ur data is saved.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by LadyH(f): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
I appreciate..
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Davefirst(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice! Thanks for sharing this beautiful idea on NL

To see my discussion, check this link
www.nairaland.com/1547551/mandela-heaven-hell#20081245
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by thechosenone: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: Unless BIS changed recently on older phones as well, you can't use BBM without an active BIS subscription. Maybe they changed the rules since everything can connect to BBM now.
My BBM works with wifi when my BIS is active and my network switched off but never works when d BIS actually expires(even with network switched off) so I think d koko is to know when ur bis is about expiring and switching off your network before then cus I think the phone sends some kinda message to RIM as soon as messages start to fail and only a BIS package can rectify that. Anyway, whatsapp still works fine and that's better than nothing
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ademega(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks , will try it when i get to work on Monday

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Raymondfayowole(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Does it work on window xp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tools To Bypass Firewalls / Guides For Buying New Laptops For Beginners / Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.