Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again (6137 Views)

Punch Is INEC Result Media. / PUNCH Is Fabricating And Quoting FICTITIOUS Sullivan Chime Aides !!! / Hooray - Punch Is Back And It Is Free : Eeeeeee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Superstar007(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Good for them
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Ukutsgp(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Are u sure they did nt do ojoro(419), tribalism, nepotism, favouritism, partiality, discrimination in this thing? Anyway my favourite newspaper still remain vanguard.
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by obalampard(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2013
Na so e go dey be every year...coz Punch's punch is a knock-out!!! grin
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Dannylux: 10:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Even the press ain't corruption-free undecided
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by juman(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2013
Sai Punch.
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by theoctopus: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2013
[size=14pt]Punch is a cheap gossip newspaper. Nothing more![/size]

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by LadyH(f): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2013
gramci: Tinubu errand boys being recognised for "job well done"
lmao. "errand boys".
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Sike(m): 11:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Rexsul: Gud for them......siiiiiiiiii! okada abeg carry me go romance section make i go creat topic.
lol
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Xbee007(m): 11:13am On Nov 25, 2013
Again
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2013
[size=16pt]WASTE OF AWARD[/size]
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Pukkah: 11:29am On Nov 25, 2013
slap1: Punch is the most widely read? I don't think so. THE SUN or THE NATION should be the most widely read, not that they are best.

What are your criteria?

Number of daily circulation copies or page hits?

The Punch comes out tops using those two parameters.
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by seunmsg(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
gregg2: These are the backgrounds of the Directors and Board of Trustee members of Diamond Award for Media Excellence that gave Punch, The Nation and National Mirror first, second and third position respectively

1) Mr Lanre Idowu (CEO).....................formerly ACN chieftain and now APC chieftain

2) Chief Segun Olusola...................APC sympathiser

3) Mr Olu Ajomale.......................South West Contractor. APC member

4) Chief Mrs Oluremi Oyo................formerly in PDP during Obasanjo tenure.
but now a staunch APC supporter with Fani Kayode

Your list above is incomplete, you delibrately omitted the name of mr. Moses ihonde just to present the trustees as all yorubas.

The fourth person on your list, Oluremi Oyo is currently the DG of News agency of Nigeria (NAN). She was initially appointed by pres. Yar'adua and later reappointed by GEJ. She remains a PDP member up till today. You don't have to lie publicly about her political affiliation simply because u want to discredit the award given to punch.

The other people on that list are well experienced media professionals that have paid their dues in the profession. U don't have to garb them in the cloths of APC simply because you have an issue with punch.

5 Likes

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by gerald09(m): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tolexander: Very sure the ProGej group will come here to rubbish the award!
Don't mind dem joor. But come oh, if punch is always against GEJ but most time support Tinubu(and dey do majority of the time) are u saying dis award signifies dat Tinubu got it ryt and GEJ don't. Or that Punch is the best in giving accurate information as long as its against GEJ. Am just a kid trying to understand y. Please sir (in a kid's voice) culd u tell me.
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by simdam500(m): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
A Lawyer and a Jamaican
A Lawyer and a Jamaican...
A lawyer and a Jamaican are sitting next to each other on a long flight.
The lawyer is thinking that Jamaicans are so dumb that he can fool them easy...
So the lawyer asks if the Jamaican would like to play a fun game.
The Jamaican is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and tries to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists and says that the game is a lot of fun.
'I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only $5; You ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500..'

This catches the Jamaican's attention and to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees to play the game.
The lawyer asks the first question.
'What's the distance from The Earth to the moon?'
The Jamaican doesn't say a word, reaches in his pocket pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
Now, it's the Jamaican's turn.
He asks the lawyer, 'What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
The lawyer uses his laptop, searches all the references he knows.
He uses the air-phone; he searches the Net and even the Library of Congress.
He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows, all to no avail.
After one hour of searching, he finally gives up.
He wakes up the Jamaican and hands him $500.
The Jamaican pockets the $500 goes right back to sleep.
The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer.
He wakes the Jamaican up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?'

The Jamaican reaches in his pocket, hands the lawyer $5 and goes back to sleep.

[are you sure that guy isn't a Naija guy?]
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Tolexander: 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
gerald09:
Don't mind dem joor. But come oh, if punch is always against GEJ but most time support Tinubu(and dey do majority of the time) are u saying dis award signifies dat Tinubu got it ryt and GEJ don't. Or that Punch is the best in giving accurate information as long as its against GEJ. Am just a kid trying to understand y. Please sir (in a kid's voice) culd u tell me.
i don't know about that o!

All i know is that punch publishes their news as they are and the proGEJs on nairaland do accuse than of been bias!
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Pweetiedude(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
Space booked #dancingskelewu#
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Psychedelia(m): 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
Garbage recognizes garbage.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by chimex38: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
I DONT KNOW OF THESE AWARDEES & THEIR AWARDER.....TO ME, THE MOST WIDELY READ PAPER IS COMPLETE SPORTS..grin

EVEN DOSE WEY DEY READ PUNCH OR NATION... NA THE MAJORITY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS NA SPORT FANS WEY DEY READ DIER SPORTS COLUMN ESPECIALLY MY DARLING SPORTS...FOOTBALL

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
gregg2: These are the backgrounds of the Directors and Board of Trustee members of Diamond Award for Media Excellence that gave Punch, The Nation and National Mirror first, second and third position respectively

1) Mr Lanre Idowu (CEO).....................formerly ACN chieftain and now APC chieftain

2) Chief Segun Olusola...................APC sympathiser

3) Mr Olu Ajomale.......................South West Contractor. APC member

4) Chief Mrs Oluremi Oyo................formerly in PDP during Obasanjo tenure.
but now a staunch APC supporter with Fani Kayode

grin grin grin grin grin Now I seee

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by 4chi: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
No surprises here at all. PUNCH is head and shoulders above all the others and it is also the most widely read. And for you okoro upstarts, newspaper publishing has never been your forte, I mean, this is not petty trading and requires a lot of managerial skills of which you are clearly bereft.

Ask yourself why all the trashy newspapers established by sick (Zik) of onitsha all weathered away while Awo's tribune keeps waxing stronger and is today the oldest newspaper in Nigeria.

Ask yourself why sugar daddy Iwuanyawu had to beg Henry odukomaya to help him set up champion which went belly up immediately the efficient Yoruba hands were replaced with ibo upstarts headed by the publishers daughter.

Ask yourself why orji kalu had to beg mike awoyinfa to help him set up the sun. Up till now editorial leadership of the paper is mainly Yoruba. It will go the champion way if kalu decides to act like Iwuanyawu.

Ask yourself why the cream of thisday newspaper and the guardian comprises mainly of yorubas who built up these brands.

Journalism is to yorubas what criminality is to ibos......eat your freaking heart out tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by festadeboyeku(m): 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Congrats 2d most widely read newspaper in Nigeria_PUNCH.
Keep it up & neva rest on ur oasis!
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by againstGEJ(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
geeez: [b]Punch has always been objective and their print quality is about the best

They also have a well organised system comparable to what you'll find in the US

Although they have to grapple with the challenges of unstable power supply, corrupt government officials struggling to 'kill' information, they've done a pretty good job

Their columnists have criticised almost every person in government such that you can be sure they are not biased [/b]

Then you read a different PUNCH.

How many times did Punch report the death of Chime when he was ill?

http://www.punchng.com/news/chime-feared-dead/
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by geeworld1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Promhize: Lol, stupid newspaper. Every sane person knows to take their articles with a pinch of salt.

Vanguard, Guardian are the only credible ones, Channelstv is still the most reliable and credible news source.
TVC is becomin a major contender in Nigeria T.V, CHANNELS hardly have news like TVC this days
Re: PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again by ndcide(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
those praising Punch, are not objective. look at the Chime. example. they tried to force the news on every one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News..abuja High Court Removes Adamu Muazu As PDP National Chairman / Hundreds Of Bokoharam Members Killed (pictured) / Abia Facts Newspaper Reports: Built On The Foundation Of Falshood!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.