Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,527 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here - Culture (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here (71492 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by isalegan2: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
Truckpusher: If education is the key ,then ASUU is the real key holder.........This is the handwork of laziness grin

Well,as for the mod wey bring am come fp sha ! na only God go help your case. undecided

Meanwhile all the NL children and the 'refused to grow up' should enjoy ,after all uncertainty hovers on Nigeria......tomorrow our lives could be so changed that nobody will remember NL. cry

So you don't know where you're from?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by hayubee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ijebu aiyepe, odogbolu local govt ogun state
I love aiyepe
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Are there no Nairalanders from Oba,ojoto,akwukwu,okija, ora ifite, and ozublu,awka etiti here? Even ichi and ichida?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by iamdsam: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Willgates: wetin b Adamazi? tcheww whatever happened to proudly Nigerian
I laugh sote I shook leg for gulter
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
isale_gan2:

So you don't know where you're from?
so u no dey see him name? He don push truck tire, he come no remember his place

1 Like

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by iamdsam: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
I laugh sote I shook leg for gulter
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by iamdsam: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
I laugh sote I shook leg for gulter grin
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Adaobi12: Are there no Nairalanders from Oba,ojoto,akwukwu,okija, ora ifite, and ozublu,awka etiti here? Even ichi and ichida?
where is Adazi enu? We have boundary with ichida
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Lilimax(f): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: From Nawgu village,Anambra state.

Remember dat bastard called Eddy
grin grin
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by goldstarpamela(f): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
I'm from Alor in idemili south local Government of Anambra state, popularly known as Alor London cos its a small BEAUTIFUL town..dats also whre Chris Ngige ȋ̝̊̅§ from..
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Lilimax(f): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
debbie: O bu ihe doro onye obula anya na ndi igbo noo ebe niile....lekwa ka thread a ji wee buru soso ndi igbo,,Anyi di oke mkpa ebe obula,anyI nwekwara mmadu,o ihe mere na ndi mba ozo ji ewere anyi anya ukwu..........unu ma ndi mu na ekwu maka ha, na akpo anyi aha obula,ha achoghi oga n'hu anyi,ma na anyi JURU EJU BARA ABARA....Chukwu gozie umu igbo niile ndi oma nairaland, oga adiri UNU niile na mma ma ha choro ya ma ha achoghi ya... O buru na ikwere ekwe si AMEN. smiley
O ga-adiri gi nma na-aha Jesus. Amen.

I am from NRI in Anaocha LGA of Anambra state.
I know some NLers from my village:
1) Okija_Juju
2) AdaNRI
3) Nri priest
4) Ogologodimkpa etc

NRI BU ISI IGBO no boubt cool

1 Like

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
U r 4rm adazi enu?
R2bees: where is Adazi enu? We have boundary with ichida
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dannylux:

Nawgu ceased to be popular After the demise of Eddy n'Nawgu in the brutal hands of "Ndi bakassi" grin
My dear thanks to Baakassi guys o grin
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by isalegan2: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
nitlad:

Ijesha ni ere. . .

E sun han f'ogede se lalede Ijesha, eye le je. . .
Ijesha omo eleni ateeka, omo eleni ewele. . .

O kare lai. . . O ra pureku m'uya. . . cheesy

shocked shocked shocked Nitlad! Wild and crazy guy! I am so impressed. cheesy

This thread is loooooooonnng, mehn. I've only made it to pg2, and 37-38. Back later. smiley
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lilimax: grin grin
grin grin grin.That bastard carried me well well as a child cry cry
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nwanne ngige.
goldstarpamela: I'm from Alor in idemili south local Government of Anambra state, popularly known as Alor London cos its a small BEAUTIFUL town..dats also whre Chris Ngige ȋ̝̊̅§ from..
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Dannylux: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
i-smoke-weed:
I am ashamed of mentioning the name of my village here

I am looking for a husband on nairaland

Where I'm from that unfortunate man will have to receive almost a A THOUSAND STROKES OF THE HORSE WHIP before he can take me as his wife

Is anyone MAN enough for me?

#inhaling&exhaling#

I recommend you for GOM, Homesteady, Danhumprey, Abu Mikey.. just choose from the list. smiley
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by VirginFinder: 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
U r completely wrong dear. There is no place in this world that doesn't have village. Some call it autonomous community. Others call it diff names.
Even lagos has villages. All those local govt have villages. Go to ur secreteriate and ask. Ask ur granny.

When a town is developed, it becomes a city, a city comprises of town and villages while mega city like lagos comprises of diff developed local govts.

Abuja was once villages made up of gwari pple. In d next twenty or so yrs, u and I that were born in abuja will start claiming abujaite so also is lagos and othe mega cities of the world.
Gerrit?
U no do history for school or yoruba?

The above is the Igbo theory on villages. It is so in Igbo land because of the dispersed nature of settlement in the East.
There are marked borders even between individual houses how much more quarters. Hence, it is easy to refer to your individual quarters as villages.
You shouldn't stuff it down our throats.

Oftentimes, I get pissed off when Igbo peeps ask questions like:

"Do you travel to your village?"

"Where is your village in ... state?"

"And I'm like, heck, I don't come from a village!"

In Yoruba land, big towns and cities are made up of quarters NOT villages. Different quarters may have varied levels of development but we all defer to our town rather than our quarters and we do not discriminate. We don't call our quarters villages.
Also, we live in nucleated settlements such that there is NO border between one quarter and the other. This makes us one seamless town/city.
That's how Lagos and Ibadan became big cities. And many more are emerging.

Yoruba villages are autonomous and independent of any nearby towns or cities.

There are few Yoruba villagers!
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Lilimax(f): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: grin grin grin.That bastard carried me well well as a child cry cry
Really?
I remembered when he was reigning grin?
Every body was like Eddy Nawgu this and that.
He was latter killed in Onitsha I think? sad
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Dannylux: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
goldstarpamela: I'm from Alor in idemili south local Government of Anambra state, popularly known as Alor London cos its a small BEAUTIFUL town..dats also whre Chris Ngige ȋ̝̊̅§ from..

We share boundary. Abatete guy, representing cool
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Atyodos: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Atongo, Amadu, Takum lga Taraba State
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by GetGuide: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
You ladies should look pretty before your visit to your village this season with the original human hair cool cool wink wink

Peruvian from Lima (Peru)
Brazilian from Rio (Brazil)
Mongolian from Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)

Check it and see it yourself

Here on nairaland
Just follow the link down here

Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Lilimax(f): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
ukukaegbu: Ajatta-Ibeku, Umuahia, Abia state. Mum's from Ohuhu, Umuahia.
My hubby is from Mbom Ibeku, Umuahia,Abia State smiley
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by OCcool: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Angel_777: These are my husband to be people ooo! just trying to learn ur language small small... wonderful people, rich culture!
wow ! Thats gud to know. Bhor dia ye?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lilimax: Really?
Yea.We suffered because of that man in my extended family.Anyway its in the past now.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by princesa(f): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Okeycima:
is not ibos but igbos pls take note
yessuur! grin

btw, why are ppl stil quotn me on dis thread?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Dannylux: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lilimax: Really?

Yup, heard stories too. Was it upper iweka?

2 Likes

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Mospring(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
proudly....fwm Ohaukwu in Ebonyi state!...ish
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Lilimax(f): 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

She is correct.
Ibo is d people while igbo is the culture and language. Don't mix it up.
Nah.
We are Igbos and nothing more.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dannylux:

Yup, heard stories too. Was it upper iweka?
ochAnja roundabount.Something like that
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Danny better carry respect chop. Who u wan make the fulani people carry bulala finish, definitely not my own danhumprey. Kpachaplu onwe gi anya oh.
Dannylux:

I recommend you for GOM, Homesteady, Danhumprey, Abu Mikey.. just choose from the list. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (48) (Reply)

Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Fun Iwosan, Itusile Ati Aseyori / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.