Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,610 members, 7,840,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed (8039 Views)

Ojukwu Being Welcomed At A Village Hospital By Igbo Ladies / Amaechi Welcomed At Calabar Carnival In A Warm Manner / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by eazylifer(m): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
This is a question I never stop asking myself. I observed according to Nigeria's motto which is "unity and faith, peace and progress" we have never been united. Perhaps we should go back to the inception of Nigeria and get it right. Maybe then we will be able to achieve the unity that will bring the desired change.

Meanwhile, in the word of Gandhi, be the change you wish to see in the world. Op, be the change you want to see in Nigeria. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by obailala(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hahaha.. change indeed.

A nation where an unbelievable percentage of its citizenry have corrupt tendencies..

A nation where the citizens worship wealth irrespective of how it was acquired

A nation where a person is appointed minister to head for instance, our dilapidated health system... and instead of worrying how to fix the dead system with the meager resources available, you see the person together with family and friends going from church to church organising thanksgiving services for 'divine upliftment'

A nation where every single 'big' criminal caught has a perfect story to link his/her capture to either religion, tribe or politics; and the majority of the masses who unfortunately are gullible would buy into the 'persecution' story and throw their weight behind a common thief...

It's unfortunate but with the mindset of the Nigerian leaders and followers alike, we do not deserve a democracy where everyone has an opinion. The only solution to the Nigerian debacle is an autocratic but 'good' military dictator (doubt if that exists). Else, I see no change in this geographical space.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yes o! Nigeria can change anytim soon if we, d citizens begin 2do d right things. Owing to G-7 govs dat joined apc ystrday, i was having dis argument wit friends wen we realized dat,if we vote & put som1 who can be active enough to fight corruption as d primary responsibility, follows by industrializatn, security, education & power, then Nigeria culd of a sudden turn to heaven wch we so much crave 4 overtimes. It annoys me so much that stella oduah is stil in positn till this very minute afta such an enormous crime was committed by her. Imagine voting a president who once resumes office declares war on all d past & present public officials like obj, ibb, atiku, all past and present state govnors, ministers, head of agencies & parastatals, commissioners etc in such a way dat they must be scrutinized till all d single kobo they acquired fraudulently frm govt is recovered frm dem, in less than 2wks, u'll discover dat over $1b can b discovered frm dis pple. This money can b used to industrialize & dev. d nation.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by spacechuks(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
chidindufrank: You should have told us earlier that you opened this thread to attack the person of Mr president.Another yabaleft escapee opening a thread to abuse a man that inherited the problems caused by his people and their northern masters. Akpamu
you are a fool,if Gej inherited problems,the onus lies on him to solve them instead of excuses,if he can't let him leave there instead of lingering the sufferings of poor Nigerians in their father land
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
I need help about niger insurance company. I got an invitation for an interview from them and I need explanation about how they are issuing commissions to their employees!
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by 24in7: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
until their(leader) national cAkE bcomes 4everybody
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by jamace(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
I see change coming any moment.

When thieves steal and they have problem on how to share the loot, law will catch up with them because they will expose themselves. I see the same thing happening in Nigeria soon. When the looters (leaders) fight enmass among themselves, it will give the citizens the opportunity to deal with them.

Let the time come quickly.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by warrikid(m): 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2: Anytime am discussing with ma dad or mom on the crises rocking our lovely country nigeria, you see the sadness in their faces when they speak out with passion but i also notice one thing similar to both of them,at the end of their statement they each say NIGERIA will b better soon.. i want to get people's view on this. Do you see nigeria changing anytime soon?.. will we be one of the first world nations soon?.. ur views are always appreciated
Go and read Femi Aribisala's column on yesterdays Vanguard titled "why Nigeria is the best country in the world".

Then u will see that it will only take Gods Right Hand to save this country.
As 4 me,I gave up long ago.

Last bullet; pls show me one Nigerian who has never or will never benefit from the "corruption" in this country.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by ehemwhy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
I don't see Nigeria Changing anytime soon. In as much as I know that the curse of this country is bad leadership,we as a people are reponsilble for the type of leaders we elect there . We are too timid to ask for a change that is rightfully ours, too timid to force our leaders to be truly accountable for their actions . My kinsmen from yorubaland will rather pull themselves down, the average ibo man to to self centered to put the interest of of his own people first,imagine 2003 elections they had close to 5 presidential candidates,all the hausa man wants is to ultimately islamise Nigeria . God help us

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by seangy4konji: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
It wont be better in my lifetime as i see it..the corruption has eaten into their hearts that they cant have change or heart.what is meant for 10 million people is in the coffer of a single person...Unless those old cargos goNIGERIA IS HEADING FOR DOOM...Only a pikin does not know what is wrong from what is right.The aviation minister stole and we all saw it,we are all thieves but dont let it get exposed and now its being covered up///Thats corruption and rubbing it in our faces as if we dont have a say...Goodluck is starting to act like a dicatator and i dont know where democracy stands......A thieving minister cant be probed
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Jman06(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
The truth is that Nigeria is bound to split in no distant time. The amalgamation of the country was one of the greatest mistakes ever made in human history. Nigeria is not one and this is easily confirmed by the level of tribalism, regionalism and worst of all religious sentiments that have become the bane of the nation's quest for development. Why on earth are the northern muslims ganging up with their southwest counterparts against president Jonathan? If not to further perpetuate themselves in power and to continue marginalizing the christians? That is why nothing the president does is ever good to them,even when it is obvious that jonathan has performed far better than Obasanjo,Babangida,Buhari and co in just 3 years. So, Op can you see why Nigeria can never be better?
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Okijajuju1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nigeria is a work in progress.

If someone had asked me in 1993 (the years of Nitel lines & 090) if 20years later, over 75% of Nigerians would have access to Mobile phones, I would have laughed it off with the wave of a hand. Well look at us now. in 13years, Mobile phones have gone from 50 Naira per minute compulsory (with no per second billing) to almost free sef.. grin

Look at Electricity. Yes I know that we can barely boast of a full stride in the power sector, but I'll be damned if I say we have not atleast taken a step forward. The almighty NEPA is finally gone. I may not be bold enough to say that in 13years, we would have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply nationwide, but I'm sure that in 13years, power would record an over 50% improvement from where we are today.

Nigeria would keep improving.. It may not reach my expectation in my life time, but before I die, Nigeria would surely be way better than I met it upon arrival.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Yemlizzy(f): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nigeria is a blessed country with extraordinary people.Notwithstanding the lapses of our leaders,Nigeria will go places.I believe in Nigeria and i know one day we are going to get there.
Lets just continue to give the necessary support Nigeria deserves.I know Nigeria is going to improve on those areas that are so essential and vital to human lives. I love my country.What about you?

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by iamdsam: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes there is change. Under the able leadership of Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Nigeria started experiencing positive changes in all sectors. The president is committed in giving Nigerian a new look,he has displayed great leadership skills that has never been felt before in the history of the nation.If Jonathan can achieve so much within 2 1/2 years of being our leader,then there is hope that before he completes his tenure in 2019 that this country will be a force to reckon with in the world. I believe in positive change and we are seeing it manifest right now.Goodluck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you reside in Nigeria Because your comment tells it all that you're living in one of those very remote urban areas in one of those under developed African countries like Central African Republic or probably your father is one of those corrupt Nigerian politicians win loot Nigeria's treasury and funds.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by NellyGhenghen(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Until people stop being "tigers" behind their computer screens and hit the streets demanding a revolution...

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
cheesy cheesy Nigerians are very optimistic people because they're used to being optimistic already.

A people that have waited for God to come like a thief in the night for over 2000 years, and still have strong hopes that he'll come "soon". Of course, they won't mind waiting for Nigeria to be better even if it means waiting for another 500 years.

No wonder you hear things like vision 1990, vision 2000, vision 2010, Now we have vision 2020, come 2020 we'll have vision 2050.

I like and appreciate the anticipation of Nigerians, keep it up but I'll pass. Nigeria is a $hithole that should be nuked, nothing good can come out of that country. grin grin

MOD please keep this comment as classified document and quote me come 2020.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by whatofyou: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
What I tell my friends is this: Our country getting better is not something that will happen in a twinkling of an eye. It could take as much as how old she is right now! The thing is that when the turn-around step kicks in, even the blind will know. One day, the kata kata will settle.
While we wait for that saving day, it will not be too much asking you to start effecting your small positive change anywhere you find yourself.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by iamdsam: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
The change in Nigeria can only start only when there's a revolution which would take many lives of prominent and corrupt politicians in Nigeria. Revolution in Nigeria where many of these politician would demise would bring change.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
On thing that is sure:
ONLY FOOLS WILL CALL FOR DISINTEGRATION
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Akiika: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
No, it is not a leadership problem, everybody is psychologically bleeped up, including you reading right now.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Jman06(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
iamdsam: Do you reside in Nigeria Because your comment tells it all that you're living in one of those very remote urban areas in one of those under developed African countries like Central African Republic or probably your father is one of those corrupt Nigerian politicians win loot Nigeria's treasury and funds.
I think it is foools like you who refuse to recognize positive change when they see one that's dragging Nigeria backward. I reside in Nigeria and i'm aware of the positive changes which GEJ's administration has actualized in many sectors of the economy. Obasanjo embezzled trillions of public fund in his fraudulent power sector reform without any significant improvement in power generation.And here's a man who has been able to increase power generation to an all time high of 10000MW and still counting, yet you are too blind to see that. It is now clear that those of you that hate the president have no other genuine reason for hating than your inordinate desire for power.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by alajor(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
D question should b "How bad do u c nigeria get"? I left naija in 2005.then my village dey get electricity like 6 days a week,pple didn't own generators then in my villa. I was home this june and I dey my village for two good weeks but light no dey at all. Generators full everywhere. When I asked them wat happened,pple's answer b (na so we c am). Lagos is worse the last time I saw it. Lagos/ibadan express dey worse,sagamu to ore dey worse,benin to asaba dey worse,onitsha to awka to enugu dey worse, everywhere b eyesore,everywhere dey dusty an na so e dey worse dey go.last time I heard dat universities were on strike was b4 I komot for naija,years later d sametin dey happen. So since everything dey depreciate when development go begin happen? My pple anoda world dey outside naija borders,if u get d chance to komot just travel and see.then when u come back to naija and see ur country,our home, na so so vex u go dey vex for those f00ls wey b our rulers. Me, I dey vex. Abeg I no wan yabbin o,na my mind I talk. Up naija
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=kennypoka2]to me sincerely i dont see nigeria getting anywhere soon.. our leaders are corrupt and these is nt sumthing that is even affecting our leaders alone, youths, people in power at one place or the other, they are all corrupt. let me site an example, just an election for a department in one of the federal universities in nigeria which i witnessed, these election was rigged by people we call leaders of tomorrow, so wat are we now saying. there is corruption in companies, offices, universities, schools, state level, federal level.. there is corruption everywhere. we mostly blame our leaders but wat abt us.. just ask yourself this question. wat will b ur major motive wen you are made the president today.. most people it is money.. money is the begining of evil.. in nigeria politics is all about money.. they go dere wit the major aim of making triple of wat they spent on campaign.. GOD will help us but we have to help ourselves.. Nigeria ma fatherland.. GOD bless Nigeria hmmm
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by chukstoney(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
egift: We Nigerians are not the real problem, our leaders are main problem. They use very crude means to protect their stealing and greed.

For instance, during elections (time for us to choose who we want), the will bribe, intimidate, rig, kill and fabricate results to install their stooge.

If you lead any struggle against them, the will simplly tag you a criminal and eliminate you.

If protest against corruption in goverment, they will tanish your image and make you a laughing stock. If you are very serious, they infiltrate, hijack or sponsor a paralle group.

Once you rise up to confront the corruption holding Nigeria, our LEADERS will throw bribe, intimidation, threats, religion or ethnicity at you.

With our present structure, all Nigeria need to be great is only one man - as President who have a Plan and the Will to do-it-right. Everyone will fall in line.

I disagree wit u sayin 1 man because naija bin a good country should b a collective head to fight a purpose wich is corruption wich is nt possible because we r nt 1, yes bliv me because d way a yoruba man tinks is nt d same way an hausa man tink n so also d igbo man
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
rudedough: cheesy cheesy Nigerians are very optimistic people because they're used to being optimistic already.

A people that have waited for God to come like a thief in the night for over 2000 years, and still have strong hopes that he'll come "soon". Of course, they won't mind waiting for Nigeria to be better even if it means waiting for another 500 years.

No wonder you hear things like vision 1990, vision 2000, vision 2010, Now we have vision 2020, come 2020 we'll have vision 2050.

I like and appreciate the anticipation of Nigerians, keep it up but I'll pass. Nigeria is a $hithole that should be nuked, nothing good can come out of that country. grin grin

MOD please keep this comment as classified document and quote me come 2020.
gobe!!
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
alajor: D question should b "How bad do u c nigeria get"? I left naija in 2005.then my village dey get electricity like 6 days a week,pple didn't own generators then in my villa. I was home this june and I dey my village for two good weeks but light no dey at all. Generators full everywhere. When I asked them wat happened,pple's answer b (na so we c am). Lagos is worse the last time I saw it. Lagos/ibadan express dey worse,sagamu to ore dey worse,benin to asaba dey worse,onitsha to awka to enugu dey worse, everywhere b eyesore,everywhere dey dusty an na so e dey worse dey go.last time I heard dat universities were on strike was b4 I komot for naija,years later d sametin dey happen. So since everything dey depreciate when development go begin happen? My pple anoda world dey outside naija borders,if u get d chance to komot just travel and see.then when u come back to naija and see ur country,our home, na so so vex u go dey vex for those f00ls wey b our rulers. Me, I dey vex. Abeg I no wan yabbin o,na my mind I talk. Up naija
u must be stupid.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Litmus: Can someone please tell me what people are moaning about?? Is Nigeria a first world country? No; Is Nigeria a developing Nation? Yes; How does Nigeria compare to developing Nations worldwide? Bloody well, thank you very much. Would i rather be a poor fella in any of the Black African Nations instead of poor in Nigeria? No. I've been poor in Nigeria and we got ourselves out of poverty by being industrious. I suppose if you're a small person interested in politics in Nigeria it would be frustrating because you'd get nowhere unless you had money and connections and maybe the stomach to eliminate foes. But that shouldn't be cause to to want to split the entire nation resulting in mass suffering all because of your own selfish political frustrations and needs.

Margaret Thatcher's admonishment comes to mind. What moaning Minnies! Nigerians can be. Stop flipping moaning. What's the point of being abroad in your small grotty homes warmed by paraffin heaters complaining about Nigeria. Return to Nigeria, forget about the so-called elites big house- we're not Cameroonians with their tendency to look in envy over the fence at the neighbours green garden - roll up your sleeves and work for yourselves and for the community!!!

Will Nigeria change soon to be like America?

The answer to this is more complex than you would believe because of questions such as environmental and resources availability and sustainability. There's also the growing belief in some quarters that there are right now a number of technologies and manufacturing philosophies that are going to be real game-changers. These things are set to turn the world upside down in a few decades. Already, Chinese capital, in the form of manufacturing machinery, e.g robots, that together with population,facilitated fordist productions that has seen China dominate the world
economically might become their liability as new manufacturing methods informed by the personal choices of consumers, takes off in every corner of the world.

Nigeria is a Nation with great potential that will be realised by our efforts and that of our children and grand children or destroyed by the combination of impatience, selfishness, affected-bigotry and the envy of our Neighbours in Africa and abroad through negative press, creating self-fulfilling prophesies.

However, i know that the true intention of the post is not to solicit heart-felt answers such as above but to solicit abuse, name calling and fake tribalistic rants by the "I AM NIGERIAN" brigade, those sinister people affiliated to political parties in Nigeria and to succession groups like Biafra!!

Can't believe you actually typed all this. That's like a novel up there man.. WTF!! You dey vex o o o o
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Omila007: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2:
I concur with you but it is not only our leaders alone wat abt us the youth.. how are we building nigeria ourselves.. if nigeria needs to change i tell you this it starts with us. with each and everyone of us.. tanks 4 ur view

Bro when the head is cut off, the whole body dies, when the head(brain) is damaged the entire being is referred to as mad, when the father is useless the entire family crumbles,
When a husband is not performing his marital rights and duties, the wife becomes an infidel.
It all starts from the head.
For does blaming the youths looking for a way to survive in this mess, think again, Nigerians remain the highest immigrants with Msc in United States.
My older brother barely made 2nd class lower in engineering here in nigeria, today his is graduating top three in his class abroad, companies are already after him.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
whatofyou: What I tell my friends is this: Our country getting better is not something that will happen in a twinkling of an eye. It could take as much as how old she is right now! The thing is that when the turn-around step kicks in, even the blind will know. One day, the kata kata will settle.
While we wait for that saving day, it will not be too much asking you to start effecting your small positive change anywhere you find yourself.

Its " twinkle " not " twinkling " . Haba!
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Well for Nigeria to change, lots of people should be murdered, locations would be bombed, lots will be injured, so many would die, some as losers, some as matyrs, people will loose their jobs, some will get jobs, foreigners present in Nigeria too will suffer, all airports will shut down cos nobody will be allowed to come in and nobody goes out, any attempt to fly over the Nigerian air space, we'd bomb down your aircraft, celebs and public figures will be taken into custody, the president will be assasinated, former leaders will be taken into custody cos we'd need them for some exclusive info along the line before killing them by hanging or firing squad, all unnecessary states will be almagated with necessary states, all names will be changed, all present political aspirant and figure would go through a panel, lucky ones live, unlucky ones die by firing squad. Military, naval, airforce, boko-haram, militants, and all squads will come together and operate with one voice, the seat of power will be taken away from Abuja. Nigerian Police force will be destroyed and cancel and new force will be enforced, starting from the first republic to this present day anybody that has contributed to the destruction/current problem of Nigeria will be murdered and their wealth and assets becomes property of the new nation. The name will be changed it won't be Nigeria again, all former documents become invalid thus to be a part of the new nation, there'd be new measures and procedures, tresspassers will be arrested and murdered and all their property/assets shared by new nation and their family. A New nation will be born. After all these and more that'd supply later, many things will change. Sadly we'd all lose. And in the end, we'd all gain. Unless drastic measures like some above are taken. Nigeria will be like this in the next 50 years except by then, we'd be slaves in our own country..working for private sectors or conglomerates owned by foreigners. And it becomes harder to make it....I'm currently running a deep underground research on Nigeria and right now I can name about 100people that are the reason Nigeria will continue to fail. Kill these people and let new flowers come up...Kill this system and let a new system come up, Kill these environment and let's breathe in a new environment. Then change the name so every thing "Nigeria" will be history cos "Nigeria" failed. We need a fresh start and stop wasting time tryna solve problems that have lives and just keep on growing...
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Omila007:

Bro when the head is cut off, the whole body dies, when the head(brain) is damaged the entire being is referred to as mad, when the father is useless the entire family crumbles,
When a husband is not performing his marital rights and duties, the wife becomes an infidel.
It all starts from the head.
For does blaming the youths looking for a way to survive in this mess, think again, Nigerians remain the highest immigrants with Msc in United States.
My older brother barely made 2nd class lower in engineering here in nigeria, today his is graduating top three in his class abroad, companies are already after him.

are you telling me a 2nd class student in nigeria will beat a first class student in usa wen it comes to education? if that is true then all nigeria need is the infrastructure and equipments, we can really rule the world but i think nigeria is cursed.. ma view oo, dont bite me abeg oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jigawa Assembly Impeaches Speaker Isah Idris , Chief Whip, Majority Leader / Secession: Sunday Igboho Releases Oduduwa National Currency, 'fadaka' (photos) / The Origin Of The Southern Governors Forum, By Naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.