Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. (4136 Views)

Soft Loan For Nairalanders / Free Website Design For Nairalanders. / Free Ebooks For Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 10:15am On Nov 25, 2013
This thread if for anyone looking for anything in Ghana. This is my way of giving back to this great
community that has helped me abreast of happenings in my great country Nigeria.

I am a Nigerian residing in Ghana for the past 10 years. I know the place in and out. I have friends,
families, church members and business associates here. I know the people here. The place is very
peaceful and this is what I like so much about the place.

I can give you information about the place and answer any question that you may have here.

Below are things you can do in Ghana.

Do you want to visit Ghana?
Do you want to relocate to Ghana?
Do you want to register a company in Ghana?
Do you want an accommodation in Ghana?
Do you want your Ward to attend a School in Ghana?
Do you want anything in Ghana?
Do you want to find out anything about anyone, company or place in Ghana?

If you answer yes to any of the above, then you can post here.

Just post here and I will respond. You can ask any question you like. Generally I think everyone
in this forum who is interested in Ghana will benefit from this thread. Looking forward to your
participation. Also I hope this would make the front page so that ever member of this great FORUM
who want one thing or the other to do in Ghana will benefit. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by knightsTempler: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2013
I want to relocate to Ghana, I'm presently living in North America. What kind of profitable business can i venture into? And how much rent will a 2 to 3 bedroom in a decent area cost?

1 Like

Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
knights Templer: I want to relocate to Ghana, I'm presently living in North America. What kind of profitable business can i venture into? And how much rent will a 2 to 3 bedroom in a decent area cost?

Ghana is a great country to live, very peaceful unlike everything I have known before coming down here. That is why I did not go back after I came to visit 10 years ago. No regrets whatsoever. So I know you will like it here grin In other words, your decision to relocate to Ghana is okay.

About the kind of business you can do here? It all depends on you, what you want and what you can do, your pocket and so on.
Ghana is just like every other developing country in the world. The country is import dependent and most things are imported. You can import most things and sell here. You can render any legitimate service and people / companies here will patronize you. You can set up a transport company and do well. You can set up a Restaurant and make money. You can assist people who want to relocate to North America because you have been there and make a lot of money - (the people like so much to travel abroad to look for a better live grin). You can do virtually any thing legitimate, that is why I said it all depends on you, what you like to do, your experience and pocket. we may need to chat later on this.

On accommodation, you can get 2/3 Bedroom apartment / house in a decent place like you said for $300 - $500 per month and you are expected to pay for 2 years in advance, plus 10% commission to the Agent that will connect you to the Landlord / Owner. The Landlords will 100% of the time prefer to deal through an Agent. Generally you can get an accommodation depending on the amount you have. You can even get a 2/3 Bedroom apartment for $150 - $200 in some areas and I tell you, the areas are mostly peaceful and secured. Crime rate is so low.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Obrafour(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
@hamlak Good Thread, from your reply to the gentleman you have been very objective and balance to him. Initially I feared this Thread operated by you was going to come from a Nigerian who feel peeved about the GIPC law(raising the threshold of foreigners who want to operate table top business from $300000 to $1million or one of the daily hate comments spewed on Ghanaians by some Nigerians) I would like you to stamp your authority on this Thread , because many of them will come here and exagerrate their lies just to cover up some of their questionable dealings which have been busted by the authorities in Ghana, because failure to do such will turn this place into CHERNOBYL.....

1 Like

Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Obrafour, thanks for your post. I will try my best as to the content and hope no one will derail the post. I will be as objective as I can. This post like i earlier stated is for those who want to come to Ghana. And nothing more and nothing less. No one should pls come here to cause any problem. The Flamers pls keep away.

Nigeria and Ghana are inter-related both by our past and our present. No matter what happens, we can not change that.
Look at the Ga people, ask them and they will tell you that they are from Nigeria, from Ile Ife. And true, the first time I heard a GA speak, I asked the guy if he was a YORUBA and he said yes. It was later he told me that he was a GA (a tribe in Ghana) and that they came from IFE in Nigeria.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Obrafour(m): 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
hamlak: @Obrafour, thanks for your post. I will try my best as to the content and hope no one will derail the post. I will be as objective as I can. This post like i earlier stated is for those who want to come to Ghana. And nothing more and nothing less. No one should pls come here to cause any problem. The Flamers pls keep away.

Nigeria and Ghana are inter-related both by our past and our present. No matter what happens, we can not change that.
Look at the Ga people, ask them and they will tell you that they are from Nigeria, from Ile Ife. And true, the first time I heard a GA speak, I asked the guy if he was a YORUBA and he said yes. It was later he told me that he was a GA (a tribe in Ghana) and that they came from IFE in Nigeria.
Believe me, they will come here... I also learnt some Nigerans have "Osu"(a name of a suburb in Accra) as their surname.. I felt bad when I read an online story that two Nigerians drowned when their boat capsised in the Volta lake on saturday when they went on a field trip.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Anomnity: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Thanks for such an important thread.Please I would like to know
1.if leather shoes & bags are banned/prohibited in Ghana as they are in Nigeria.Better still can you provide me a recent list of banned import items in Ghana.
2.If shoes aren't banned can you provide me anyone that is willing to purchase italian & London shoes & bags at wholesale price & quantity.Thanks so much in advance.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by henrimoto(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
@hamlak..,what is the agric business situation in ghana like ? what is the least amount a mini trader can come to ghana with ?
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Ademat7(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nice thread,@OP what biz did u do cos dat ll mk those dat r in ur line to knw directly frm u *tnx once again 4 opening dis talk platform*
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Ademat7(m): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
I gat a family bro in ghana bt nt sure of safety with him,any1 u've seen 4 long can't b totally trusted
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Obrafour:
Believe me, they will come here... I also learnt some Nigerans have "Osu"(a name of a suburb in Accra) as their surname.. I felt bad when I read an online story that two Nigerians drowned when their boat capsised in the Volta lake on saturday when they went on a field trip.

Let them come, I know what to do. The Mods are there to do their JOB.

Yes its true that some Nigerians bear the name OSU. We also have Michael Essien grin

It is such a tragic incident that happened to the 2 Nigerian students and our hearts must go out to all their families.
May their gentile souls RIP.

1 Like

Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Anomnity: Thanks for such an important thread.Please I would like to know
1.if leather shoes & bags are banned/prohibited in Ghana as they are in Nigeria.Better still can you provide me a recent list of banned import items in Ghana.
2.If shoes aren't banned can you provide me anyone that is willing to purchase italian & London shoes & bags at wholesale price & quantity.Thanks so much in advance.

@Anomnity, I will do the research and give you a better reply by morrow. regards
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
henrimoto: @hamlak..,what is the agric business situation in ghana like ? what is the least amount a mini trader can come to ghana with ?

When you write "Agric Business", this is too broad. Generally, anything that has to do with food
will always do well all over the world, as people must eat to survive.

Talking about the least amount, it depends on your line of business.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ademat7: Nice thread,@OP what biz did u do cos dat ll mk those dat r in ur line to knw directly frm u *tnx once again 4 opening dis talk platform*

I serve as a Minister of God in one of the churches in Ghana. Also I run some Internet services. You can see my signature
to visit one of my sites. There you can see some of the products / services that I offer to people around the world.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by djdroydakkount: 1:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Nice thread Op. Questns'll b comin later but 4 nw, answer dis, how r Ghanian ladies lyk?
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by herbscure02(m): 7:15am On Nov 27, 2013
Pls Nairalander becareful o, if you want to travel to Ghana for greener pasture pls do your survey very well and b4 you can think of anything just make sure you have your transport fare to ghana and come back, just go there to do ur survey within a week and see for urself but make sure to have ur transport fare and food at hand. I'm talking from experience, NIGERIA is the best place to Hustle and do business o among African countries

N B: don't let anybody coated mouth with sugar for you, seen is believing , just go there and see it by urself within a week

1 Like

Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2013
djdroydakkount: Nice thread Op. Questns'll b comin later but 4 nw, answer dis, how r Ghanian ladies lyk?

Ghanian ladies look just like our Nigerian sisters too. grin grin grin
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2013
herbscure02: Pls Nairalander becareful o, if you want to travel to Ghana for greener pasture pls do your survey very well and b4 you can think of anything just make sure you have your transport fare to ghana and come back, just go there to do ur survey within a week and see for urself but make sure to have ur transport fare and food at hand. I'm talking from experience, NIGERIA is the best place to Hustle and do business o among African countries

N B: don't let anybody coated mouth with sugar for you, seen is believing , just go there and see it by urself within a week

@herbscure02, the purpose of this thread is to assist anyone who already has made up his mind about Ghana. I am not asking anyone to come look for greener pasture. There are greens everywhere Bro. It all depends on where God wants to locate you and not you deciding. There is no "BEST place" or "Worst place". It is all an individual thing and very relative. The best place for you may be the worst place for the other man and vice versa. Hope you understand me.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by herbscure02(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
hamlak:

@herbscure02, the purpose of this thread is to assist anyone who already has made up his mind about Ghana. I am not asking anyone to come look for greener pasture. There are greens everywhere Bro. It all depends on where God wants to locate you and not you deciding. There is no "BEST place" or "Worst place". It is all an individual thing and very relative. The best place for you may be the worst place for the other man and vice versa. Hope you understand me.
I didn't discourage anybody but my advice for anybody is that they shud go there first and do the survey b4 they can decide to do any business or work there because Ghana is not a place you can go and decide to do any business without partner with one of ghananians UNLIKE nigeria. They are not employing foreigner into their company except you can apply for security job or selling pure water and small small work that ghananian can't do.
There were many nigerians that believe ghana is better than nigeria and they decided to come to ghana unfortunately for them, they needed to sell pure water to get their transport fare back to nigeria when they were stranded
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by conimo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
are you in need of paypal funding or need to make Paypal payment in Nigeria? http://conimo.info/paypal.html
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by tracker(m): 9:42am On Nov 30, 2013
The OP is my friend. He said for days now he is not able to post or respond to this thread.
Seems his right to post has been restricted.

Mod, kindly check and do the needful.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Obrafour(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2013
tracker: The OP is my friend. He said for days now he is not able to post or respond to this thread.
Seems his right to post has been restricted.

Mod, kindly check and do the needful.

Thanks.

I am sure the anti-spambot have caught up with him, Tell him to send an e-mail to the Moderator of This Thread »»» https://www.nairaland.com/naijacutee
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
herbscure02:
I didn't discourage anybody but my advice for anybody is that they shud go there first and do the survey b4 they can decide to do any business or work there because Ghana is not a place you can go and decide to do any business without partner with one of ghananians UNLIKE nigeria. They are not employing foreigner into their company except you can apply for security job or selling pure water and small small work that ghananian can't do.
There were many nigerians that believe ghana is better than nigeria and they decided to come to ghana unfortunately for them, they needed to sell pure water to get their transport fare back to nigeria when they were stranded

You are right bro. And thanks for the useful advice. yes anyone planning to relocate or invest in any country (not just Ghana) should first make a visit to the country and check out things for himself. I made a mistake of not doing this when I went to the Republic of Seychelles in 2004 and this affected me negatively. So a good advice to everyone.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Obrafour: I am sure the anti-spambot have caught up with him, Tell him to send an e-mail to the Moderator of This Thread »»» https://www.nairaland.com/naijacutee

@Obrafour, thanks for your useful post. Yes it was the anti-spam bot. I have
been unbanned and back again. grin Thanks so much Obrafour and the Mod.

Anyone with a question about Ghana, you can post and I will answer.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by sudo1986: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2016
please, how about computer business centre. Will i be able to venture in such business in Ghana?
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by hamlak(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
sudo1986:
please, how about computer business center. Will i be able to venture in such business in Ghana?

If it is secretarial services like typing, photocopying, etc, you can still do well especially if located near their ministries or Business district.

But if it is Internet cafe for browsing, using the Net, it may not be so advisable now. The advent of Modems and cheap Data services from the Telecom operators have dealt a bad blow to the above service.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by sudo1986: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2016
hamlak:

If it is secretarial services like typing, photocopying, etc, you can still do well especially if located near their ministries or Business district.

But if it is Internet cafe for browsing, using the Net, it may not be so advisable now. The advent of Modems and cheap Data services from the Telecom operators have dealt a bad blow to the above service.

But , where is it advisable to reside for such business. I am thinking of residing in the school environment because i do write Research projects, data analysis and typesetting.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by ozome15(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2016
A very good day. My name is ozodon please I will really like to have ur Attention in a Private chat, about a business I want to do in Ghana. If you have whatsapp, Facebook or email contact, please let me contact u. Thank u.
Re: Help In Ghana For Nairalanders. by Gilbertkwabena(m): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
Great

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need 1000kg Jumbo Bag Urgent / Save 80 Stove: China's New Invention, Now In Nigeria! / Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.