Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

How Do We Join The Global Software Industry - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do We Join The Global Software Industry (1314 Views)

Vote For Nigerian Startup, Flowbyte, In The Global Startup Battle / Game Development: Join The Team / Why Nigerian Software Firms Are Absent On The Global Map (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How Do We Join The Global Software Industry by zeus1: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2006
Hello Everbody,

My posting seeks to address two issues. Firstly, I would like to provide pointers to
my follow countrymen on how best to participate in the global software industry. Secondly, I am looking for two (three at most) smart individuals to join a project
I am running from the UK.

First things first. I have seen instances in this group where people want to build
OS, compliers etc. Why somebody wants to do this is beyond me. India's entry into
the global software industry provides us with the best template on how the proceed.

Our competitive advantage lies in providing LOWER COST support services. Specifically, remote software support and network administration. There are loads
of small businesses out there that require server administration and do pay
(First world rates) to get the job done. Simiarly, a lot of software companies
employ (at first world rates) staff to provide customer support services to their
users.

Off course the key to sucess here is having the right infrastructure (we all know
what that means) and marketing know-how. For example, those that have the
right infrastructure can identify smaller ISP's (in the first world) and strike marketing
agreements where the ISP resells the Nigerian companies server administration service to its clients.

Unfortunately, the time is not right to market a product like this directly as a
Nigerian company. We have to build OUR BRAND like india or eastern europe to be
able to do this. There is a lot to be said, however I have to stop for now. Hopefully,
people get the general idea.

I am running a potentially lucrative project in www.secondlife.com. SecondLife is
a 3D virtual world with over $100,000 a day economy. And a population growth
of 15% every month. Some people working within this virtual world earn up to $1,500 per week making and selling digital objects. Please, visit the site and read the business week article in particular. A good blog to read is http://nwn.blogs.com/

Off course, anybody can visit the website, but to actually participate in the virtual
world, you need broadband connection and a powerful machine, which is not easy
to come by in Nigeria.

I am looking for 2 or 3 technically competent people with the right internet connections (broadband NOT necessary, but business centre and dial-up is out of
the question!!) and mastery of one or more of the following technologies within the LAMP stack.

-Linux
-Apache
-MySQL
-PHP

The team currently consist of me ( a software architect), a User Inface guy that
understands the SecondLife programming language. The people coming in will
be involved in back-end development and would be given stakes in the company.
The project is underpinned by a PATENT pending system, hence Non disclosure
agreements will have to be signed.

If you are interested, contact me in the first instance at: storagen@gmail.com

A CV will be helpful.

Regards

(1)

How To Convert Excel Time To Normal Time / My Hard Drive Is Dying. The 303 Has Struck! / Help A Newbie Php Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.