Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Letter (a Short Film) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Letter (a Short Film) (506 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Mothering Heights - A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Letter (a Short Film) by ekwurekwu(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
EXT.DAY.BAR

A drinking bar near a busy road on a sunny afternoon. An establishment shots on cars and passer-bys. Inside the bar, four chairs and a table arranged in three groups. Camera on Pedro, 27 and Peter, 28 sipping their drinks respectively. They both dressed on a trousers and polo.

Pedro
That reminds me (Dropping his glass), you hardly ask after Nkechi these days.

Peter(Hisses and gulps a glass of beer)
Don't remind me of the past.

Pedro
The past?

A sudden interruption as Peter's rang. A text came in. Peter's facial expression changed after opening the text.

Pedro(Stares at Peter)
Is everything alright?

Peter said nothing as he stood up and makes for the exit while Pedro kept calling him back.

FADES

EXT.DAY.COMPOUND

Camera takes shots from the backyard, lonely and quiet compound. At the front verandah precisely, had Abigail, 22, Jerry, 20, seated at a corner with swollen faces. Mama, 52 emerged from the door. She is held by a woman.

Mama
Where do I go from here? (Sitting down, tearfully).

Woman (In a consoling tone)
Tears will never bring her back. God knows the best.

Mama continued sobbing. Enter Papa supporting himself with a walking stick. He wore safari T-shirt and trouser. He sat down. Camera panes to capture Peter entering with a gloomy face. He made to return, but decided to enter. Camera on Mama, who was already adjusting her wrapper.

Mama
Now, you've killed her. I hope, your teeth are ready for a feast?

Mama makes to hold Peter by his shirt's collar, but was prevented by woman. Papa stood up and approached Peter, then held him by the hand. They took a few steps to the left.

Papa
My daughter died loving you. (Tears in his eyes). Your name remained on her lips till she breathed last. She asked me to give you this letter. (Camera on Papa as he produced a brown envelope)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Like The Despicable Me 2? / [video] Funke Akindele Walks For Breast Cancer / Arrow(season 3) TV Series.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.