Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 (1067 Views)

Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) / Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by TonySpike: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
This event is a recorded telephone conversation involving US President J.F. Kennedy happened over 50 years ago over a wastage of US$ 5,000 by the military in respect of his Wife's delivery. This audio and video transcription shows how angry and disgusted the President was to read about the furniture issue on Washington Post. We can tell by the torrents of abusive words by the President in this audio such that he instantly ordered the military to return the purchased furniture immediately.

After hearing this audio file, I asked myself if a Nigerian President can exhibit such anger at a 'paltry' wastage of US$ 5,000 of public funds...Click the link to enjoy guys!

wikipedia: In the summer of 1963, a pregnant Jacqueline Kennedy was at the Kennedy family compound in Massachusetts. Air Force personnel became concerned that if Mrs. Kennedy were to deliver the child at the Otis Air Force Base hospital, that the maternity ward furniture would be inferior for the newborn of the President and First Lady.

The Air Force then spent $5,000.00 of taxpayer money at Jordan Marsh & Company to purchase new furniture, and allowed media photographs of an Air Force captain proudly standing next to the purchase.

After the photos made their way into the Washington Post, an irate President Kennedy telephoned McHugh and ordered him to have the furniture returned. Kennedy's curse-laden phone call with McHugh are now public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_McHugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtLTmg2vCzY
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by 740megawatts: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Chai...see how this President vex over wastage issues...
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by MeAboki(m): 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Our own wey encourage billions for madam's office and ordinary burial of im mother in law - de difference is clear cry
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by TonySpike: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Me_Aboki: Our own wey encourage billions for madam's office and ordinary burial of im mother in law - de difference is clear cry

Looool...smiley
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
I cry for Nigeria.
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by TonySpike: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
It's quite funny to note that JFK actually recorded his conversations both on the telephone and at meetings. What an extraordinary leader!
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by drnoel: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
ofcos he should be mad. He is the one that talks to congress not those silly airforce people. Nigeria will get there
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by TonySpike: 12:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Let's hope Nigeria will get there.
Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by 740megawatts: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2013
J.F. Kennedy was obviously a no-nonsense President. I had to watch this video like 5 times to understand his personality, His assassination was obviously a loss to the US at the time of history.

The last part of this wastage convo got me cracking...

McHugh: This is obviously a....
JFK: This is obviously a f**k up
McHugh: That's right
JFK: That's right!

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Pres J.F. KENNEDY Angered Over US$5,000 Wastage of Public Funds In 1963 by TonySpike: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2013
740megawatts: J.F. Kennedy was obviously a no-nonsense President. I had to watch this video like 5 times to understand his personality, His assassination was obviously a loss to the US at the time of history.

The last part of this wastage convo got me cracking...

McHugh: This is obviously a....
JFK: This is obviously a f**k up
McHugh: That's right
JFK: That's right!

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Economy: Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Country In The World! / Should GEJ Proscribe APC For Siding Bokoharam? / Nigerian Troop Nabs Boko Haram Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.