Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. (2595 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Is Answering Prayer Consistent With The Notion Of A Perfect God? / The Notion Of One God Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by macof(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
plaetton:
Lol.
Look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemistus_Pletho

When I first came across this historical character, a radical philosopher who stood up to challenge an established order, I felt a strangely strong affinity towards him.
During one important council, he changed his name to Plethon , held court for a thrilled audience for several days repudiating the Judeo-Christian concepts of divinity.
Much of his works paved the way for the revival of Neo-platonism ,and which , ultimately sowed the seeds of what later became known as the Renaissance era.

It was almost as if I was him and he was me, and I had been there. A deja vu of sorts.
Everything about his resume, his character, his message and his delivery speaks to me, and of me.

That is why I adopted his Name as my NL moniker, to, in his same fashion, continue to repudiate the Judeo-Christian concepts of divinity.

Reincarnation on my mind smiley

But of course u don't believe such
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by plaetton: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
macof:

Reincarnation on my mind smiley

But of course u don't believe such
No comment. wink
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by macof(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

If I tell my child that Yahweh does not exist, some will call that wrong doing (sin). Many people will disagree that it is wrong doing. So we do not have a clear definition of what wrong-doing is.

Kissing and caressing my grilfriend is no wrong doing. Many religious people will disagree.

Perfect. Sin is wat the society and wat certain people don't subscribe to
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

If I tell my child that Yahweh does not exist, some will call that wrong doing (sin). Many people will disagree that it is wrong doing. So we do not have a clear definition of what wrong-doing is.

Kissing and caressing my grilfriend is no wrong doing. Many religious people will disagree.
wrong doing sir, is clearly defined in our minds I think. You cannot use the above examples to debunk it.

Rape, hatred, lieing, murder, adultery, greed, debauchery, theft, etc are examples of wrongdoing.

Claiming wrongdoing has no definition will only compound the problem humanity has.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
macof:

Perfect. Sin is wat the society and wat certain people don't subscribe to
your post is contradictory. The society is made up of all people, not certain people, and there has been instances of the society agreeing to do wrong.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by plaetton: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: wrong doing sir, is clearly defined in our minds I think. You cannot use the above examples to debunk it.

Rape, hatred, lieing, murder, adultery, greed, debauchery, theft, etc are examples of wrongdoing.

Claiming wrongdoing has no definition will only compound the problem humanity has.

Modern society is doing very well without god, or the idea of godly morality.
In fact, god-centered morality is an oxymoron.
Your biblical god sanctioned all of the above acts of evil. I am not making it it up, It is all there in the bible.
If I show you biblical verses to prove this point, you will begin to justify it just like you always do.
You are a living contradiction.

Your god cannot ask you to go and invade(greed and aggression) and murder an entire community, take their belongings (theft), carry of their women (rape and debauchery) and here you are lamenting about sin the world.
Your god wrote the manual and showed the way.

Humanity has done far better on its own.

Fundamental human rights are conspicuously missing in your bible.
Your god suggested that sick lepers be isolated from love and care and be left to die. He could not even heal them. i guess he had no idea what to do.
So much for his omni omniness!

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
plaetton:

Modern society is doing very well without god, or the idea of godly morality.
In fact, god-centered morality is an oxymoron.
this is a blatant lie. Don't worry. Reality bears witness that this is a lie. Walk out on a normal day in the UK then, is that not where you live? Stroll a little while. Let the wind clear your foggy head and perhaps cure your willful blindness.

plaetton:
Your biblical god sanctioned all of the above acts of evil. I am not making it it up, It is all there in the bible.
If I show you biblical verses to prove this point, you will begin to justify it just like you always do.
You are a living contradiction.
this is another blatant lie. I will not lie for God. Anyone who chooses to be willfully blind can come up with this conclusion. Again. Stroll for a while. The outdoors will do you good.

plaetton:
Your god cannot ask you to go and invade(greed and aggression) and murder an entire community, take their belongings (theft), carry of their women (rape and debauchery) and here you are lamenting about sin the world.
Your god wrote the manual and showed the way.

Smh.
How did God write the manual and show the way.

Infact, what has this got to do with our basic problem? You come online everyday, advocating godlessness and trying to paint God as impotent, what has that got to do with solving our problems of greed and rape and abortion and murder and lieing and lust?

You have no solution, and you distract us from our problems and even go to great lengths to make men haters of the very God who has our answers.

Are you our enemy?

plaetton:
Humanity has done far better on its own.
how? How have we done better on our own at curing immorality and hatred and racism and anger without God-living and God-teaching? Please answer this question. How has atheism, which advocates trust in humanity solve humanity's problems of prejudice and hatred? How does it solve our problems of lies and greed and unforgiveness?

plaetton:
Fundamental human rights are conspicuously missing in your bible.
Your god suggested that sick lepers be isolated from love and care and be left to die. He could not even heal them. i guess he had no idea what to do.
So much for his omni omniness!
it seems you wrote this in desperate butthurt and bad belle sir. The reason God quarantined sick lepers is so the disease would not spread. He healed lepers several times and healed israel several times.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
ifeness: Freewill means sin to Christians.
You are deliberately trying to misfire, my friend. You know within that what you wrote up there is a big lie.

ifeness:
Freewill is everyone's birthright and can be exercised whenever they chose to. Animals have free will just like humans. If your car has freewill it will obviously chose to run away. That is normal
Do you see the contradiction with your initia statement or you want me to show you. ?
ifeness:
Real laws cannot be broken. Any law that can be broken is man made.
Coming from an atheist one begins to wonder the origin of these real laws.

ifeness:
Example is the biblical 10 commandment. They all can be broken; therefore there are fake laws.
Can we really define a law to mean something entirely different from the one the lexicographers would have it to mean and still call it a law afterwards?
ifeness:
Laws that cannot be broken Example

1. You exist : you can never change that however you try it
You are compounding the problem. Going by your line of thought I can say that when we die we cease to exist and your law shatters. You don't think so?
ifeness:
2 change is constant : no one,even an imaginary god cannot change.
I don't understand your point.
ifeness:
3 karma : what ever you give out is exactly what you will receive
Not usually true.
ifeness:
4 the one is the all and all are one: we are all made up of one energy but interpreting in different ways. These four laws can never be broken.

What does this mean?
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: wrong doing sir, is clearly defined in our minds I think. You cannot use the above examples to debunk it.

When Lot offered his daughters to anal rapists, was he sinning?

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

When Lot offered his daughters to anal rapists, was he sinning?
just because its recorded does not mean God cordones it.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by macof(m): 1:23am On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: just because its recorded does not mean God cordones it.

Lot was a holy man that was blessed by God

Everything he did in the Bible was condone by the Bible God
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2013
macof:

Lot was a holy man that was blessed by God

Everything he did in the Bible was condone by the Bible God
nope. You're wrong. Even abraham did not do everything completely right in Gods eyes. Stop believeing and assuming what you want to believe because it suits you. Stop believeing carefully concocted falasies and fantasies. Believe the reality of truth.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by macof(m): 8:45am On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: nope. You're wrong. Even abraham did not do everything completely right in Gods eyes. Stop believeing and assuming what you want to believe because it suits you. Stop believeing carefully concocted falasies and fantasies. Believe the reality of truth.

Oya give a list of things lot did that Bible God punished him for
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: just because its recorded does not mean God cordones it.

I know. Please just answer the question. Was he sinning?
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2013
absolute hogwash. plaetton you need to be flogged with horse whip for this myopic and redundant article smdh
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by DKJaleel: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2013
obadiah777: absolute hogwash. plaetton you need to be flogged with horse whip for this myopic and redundant article smdh
in simple words, u cant think, as long as you are obadiah, logic is far from you. Shake that ur head harder and read the post over again, you might get lucky..
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by ManhunterTM(m): 10:09am On Nov 27, 2013
obadiah777: absolute hogwash. plaetton you need to be flogged with horse whip for this myopic and redundant article smdh
How is it myopic and redundant? Is it because it does not talk about reincarnation or recompense?
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by DKJaleel: 10:12am On Nov 27, 2013
a wonderful thread this is..
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ranchhoddas: My own question...is freewill going to be in heaven?

Wow !.....very insightful question him.
Its either the christians who go to their imaginary heaven become robots or heaven will soon become as bad as the present earth !

God should have made us robots from the very beginning......without freewill; this would have saved us all all all this headaches.

hmmm.....there too many contradictions and illogics in the Yahweh/jehovah story joor !

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
There is no punishment for using free will. Sin is non-existent.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by MrTroll(m): 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oduduwaboy:
God should have made us robots from the very beginning...
He did! . . . Until Adam ate the fruit sad grin

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by DKJaleel: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mr Troll: He did! . . . Until Adam ate the fruit sad grin
he is now vexing..
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Ranchhoddas: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oduduwaboy:

Wow !.....very insightful question him.
Its either the christians who go to their imaginary heaven become robots or heaven will soon become as bad as the present earth !

God should have made us robots from the very beginning......without freewill; this would have saved us all all all this headaches.

hmmm.....there too many contradictions and illogics in the Yahweh/jehovah story joor !
END OF DISCUSSION!!!
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
The Calvinist, who damns children of a span long to hell to burn forever for the glory of God (and this is called Christianity), and the Universalist who preaches that all shall be saved and none shall be damned (and this also is called Christianity), boasts alike of their holy [reveled] religion and their Christian faith.

"Something more therefore is necessary than mere cry and wholesale assertion, and that something is TRUTH; and as inquiry is the road to truth, he that is opposed to inquiry is not a friend to truth. "The God of truth is not the God of fable; when, therefore, any book is introduced into the world as the Word of God, and made a groundwork for religion, it ought to be scrutinized more than other books to see if it bear evidence of being what it is called. Our reverence to God demands that we do this, lest we ascribe to God what is not His, and our duty to ourselves demands it lest we take fable for fact, and rest our hope of salvation on a false foundation.

"It is not our calling a book holy that makes it so, any more than our calling a religion holy that entitles it to the name. Inquiry therefore is necessary in order to arrive at truth. But inquiry must have some principle to proceed on, some standard to judge by, superior to human authority.

"When we survey the works of creation, the revolutions of the planetary system, and the whole economy of what is called nature, which is no other than the laws the Creator has prescribed to matter, we see unerring order and universal harmony reigning throughout the whole. No one part contradicts another. The sun does not run against the moon, nor the moon against the sun, nor the planets against each other. Everything keeps its appointed time and place.

"This harmony in the works of God is so obvious, that the farmer of the field, though he cannot calculate eclipses, is as sensible of it as the philosophical astronomer. He sees the God of order in every part of the visible universe."

"Here, then, is the standard to which everything must be brought that pretends to be the work or Word of God, and by this standard it must be judged, independently of anything and everything that man can say or do. His opinion is like a feather in the scale compared with the standard that God Himself has set up."

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
Until people come to understand that most likely Eden was another planet n which God planted a garden in and placed Adam inside the garden of planet Eden, they will always make they mistake of putting evolution apart from creation.

Until they realize that Adam(a new spiritual genetic experiment) was expelled from planet Eden and placed on earth when he fell and that earth already had some humans who were mere products of evolution when Adam was forced to live on earth.

That we basically had two groups of pple on earth; children of Adam and children of the earth(evolution) and that over time the two germ lines mixed but the Adamic germline (through Noah) survived the flood while that of the children of evolution were wiped out.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by plaetton: 7:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Dnacode:
Until people come to understand that most likely Eden was another planet n which God planted a garden in and placed Adam inside the garden of planet Eden, they will always make they mistake of putting evolution apart from creation.

Until they realize that Adam(a new spiritual genetic experiment) was expelled from planet Eden and placed on earth when he fell and that earth already had some humans who were mere products of evolution when Adam was forced to live on earth.

That we basically had two groups of pple on earth; children of Adam and children of the earth(evolution) and that over time the two germ lines mixed but the Adamic germline (through Noah) survived the flood while that of the children of evolution were wiped out.

Lol.
Started out somewhat in a sensible and palatable tone, then veered off into the ridiculous and hilarious. undecided

First, the contradiction in the post.
If the two germlines(as you called them) were mixed over time, then , when again did they separate to the point where one germline was wiped out by a flood, while the other survived ? undecided

Second question:
If the two germlines were genetically compatible enough to mix, then what were the distinct differences between them?

This is the problem with a religion-infused mind: You feel compelled to add ridiculously fasle twists to what would have been sensible hypothesis.

The truth remains that the Earth has a much much older and much more colorful and dramatic history than what we have been led to believe, and that different species of sentient life and different variations of HUMAN life once thrived and cohabited our Earth.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by macof(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2015
Dnacode:

Avoid putting religion into every hypothesis
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Started out somewhat in a sensible and palatable tone, then veered off into the ridiculous and hilarious. undecided

If the two germlines(as you called them) were mixed over time, then , when again did they separate to the point where one germline was wiped out by a flood, while the other survived ? undecided

Second question:
If the two germlines were genetically compatible enough to mix, then what were the distinct differences between them?

This is the problem with a religion-infused mind: You feel compelled to add ridiculously fasle twists to what would have been sensible hypothesis.

The truth remains that the Earth has a much much older and much more colorful and dramatic history than what we have been led to believe, and that different species of sentient life and different variations of HUMAN life once thrived and cohabited our Earth.

The Noahic germline was pure n was not a mix with those of the children of the earth.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Second question:

The Noahic germline was pure n was not a mix with those of the children of the earth.
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by plaetton: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Dnacode:

And you arrived at this conclusion after conducting what genetic sample studies?

Let me guess, you, all on your own , extrapolated this from the ..... ?
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

And you arrived at this conclusion after conducting what genetic sample studies?

Let me guess, you, all on your own , extrapolated this from the ..... ?

Kk. I give up. So what really are u saying, what's ya opinion?
Re: The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

My dear in a closed system stability or lack of chaos is achieved when the entropy of the system decreases and the particles, molecules and matter are now in a dynamic equilibrium.

If you call this order God or the work of God because of its predictability due to its cyclical continuous nature, you are missing the whole picture.
People can predict future events e.g rainfall, etc because there is now order which has been observed over time and thus can smell the rain in the horizon due to the release of O3(ozone molecules), or people can predict a cyclone, earthquake etc etc.
In God, there is order. In his works there is order. Reason? Because of the period within the timeline you happen to find yourself, a period when there is continuous decrease in the entropy of the universe and so people can predict comfortably and it will come to pass.
God is not only a God of order, he is also a God of CHAOS! He created chaos just like how he created order.
He is a God of both extremes; for out of chaos comes forth order.

U thus cannot decide for God how his Holy book shd be saying that there must be order etc etc.
If God is both chaos and order or if his works have both chaos and order then why should his holy book be only that of order or should tantalize you with only good things that make you happy if I am right?

The same God that told the Israelites to go commit genocide has also told us that if you kill by the sword, you shall DIE by the Sword.

The same God that says children should be abducted and sold into slavery also says "suffer not the little children to come to me".

The same God that says "The soul that sinneth it shall die" also says "I am the way, the truth and the life....."

God is bringing forth order into his creation in the person of the church and this is why God has given every good gift to his church. He sets his church apart for mercy, love, glory not because of itself but because of his son and his holy name's sake.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 10 September, 2017 / Pastor's Wife Accidentally Shares Video Of Herself Completely Naked / Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.