Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Notion Of One God Is False. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Notion Of One God Is False. (1009 Views)

Bible Proof The Rapture Theory Is False / The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Notion Of One God Is False. by omobadan(m): 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2010
I was having a discussion with my brother about Allah being the same as the christian God. He informed me they're two different 'Supreme Beings'. I said I've always thought when Muslim say Allah they're referring to the same Christian God. I want to ask my fellow forumites, how many supreme beings do we have?
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Horus(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2010
The word God is a substitute. Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big "G", or little "g", is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Eloheem, the plural of Eloh.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by jagunlabi(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2010
Supreme beings are as many as the people who believe in them, which will be billions.Each individual believer has his or her own personal supreme being that strikingly resemble him/her psychologically.
Horus:

The word God is a substitute. Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big "G", or little "g", is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Eloheem, the plural of Eloh.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2010
Jehovah God is the ONLY true God. All other gods are fake. Jesus Christ affirmed this in John 17v3. It is eternal life to know the ONLY true God. Jesus Christ is obviously smarter and more knowledgeable than these little kids on NL
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by jagunlabi(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2010
Jehovah is just one of the multitudes of "Only true Gods" around.There are billions of them and they are all fake, all of them.
Image123:

Jehovah God is the ONLY true God. All other gods are fake. Jesus Christ affirmed this in John 17v3. It is eternal life to know the ONLY true God. Jesus Christ is obviously smarter and more knowledgeable than these little kids on NL
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2010
jagunlabi
Obviously, you're not as smart and knowledgeable as my Lord Jesus. Your assertions weigh less than nothing
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by tobaj: 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2010
Almighty GOD is the only supreme being allah is a god.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 02, 2010
The bible ''God'' could not possibly be the Source of All That Is, ie GOD.

You only need to read the Old Testament to see that.

Yahweh was as close to a mass murdering monster as it is possible to be, ordering wholesale massacres, despoilation, and looting by his ''chosen people''.

Yahweh was just another deity like Ibunukpabi of the Igbos, or Shango of the Yorubas.

Only a 1000 times more bloodthirsty.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2010
Rossike,stop blabbing it's a new year. Endeavour to make more sense than you claim to possess.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by KunleOshob(m): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2010
@Post
All i know is that neither Judaism, Christianity nor Islam answers all questions about the almighty God. There are more questions than answers which non of the religious books even scratched the surface of answering, but i know the truth is out there somewhere.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2010
Kunle,
What's wrong? You're getting more lost. Jesus is the truth. You're supposed to have found Him but you denied Him and His words. 1John 2 says he is antichrist that denies the Son. The truth is not out there somewhere, He has shone already.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by KunleOshob(m): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2010
Image123:

Kunle,
What's wrong? You're getting more lost. Jesus is the truth. You're supposed to have found Him but you denied Him and His words. 1John 2 says he is antichrist that denies the Son. The truth is not out there somewhere, He has shone already.

My brother, i have not denied Jesus as being the truth. But you have to be able to see the difference betweeen Jesus, the bible and the way we practise christianity. They are three different things. My statement remains that our knowledge of God and the supernatural is incomplete, even our knowledge of christ our saviour who was physically present with us here on earth is incomplete as the bible attests to that in John 21:25: which says:

25 Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.

So it would be wrong and arrogant of us christians to assume we know everything. i believe the bible as revealed enough to us to lead us to salvation even then it doesn't answer all the questions man kind would like to know about the supernatural. On the issue of one God, i am yet to read any where in the bible that says only one God exists, on the contrary the bible gives the impression that there are other gods hence the first commandment which says:"thou shall have no other god besides me" What the bible teaches is that Only God almighty{Jehovah} is worthy of worship and we should worship him alone hence the one god idea.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Let me say 'Happy new year' to you. It's good that you've clarified. Nonetheless, the Lord Jesus said in John 17 that Jehovah God is the ONLY true God, alluding that All other gods are fake and rubbish.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by KunleOshob(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2010
Image123:

Let me say 'Happy new year' to you. It's good that you've clarified. Nonetheless, the Lord Jesus said in John 17 that Jehovah God is the ONLY true God, alluding that All other gods are fake and rubbish.

You are very correct i think the problem is with the various definitions and concepts of gods. Wishing you a wonderful and prsoperous new year as well.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by noetic16(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
omobadan:

I was having a discussion with my brother about Allah being the same as the christian God. He informed me they're two different 'Supreme Beings'. I said I've always thought when Muslim say Allah they're referring to the same Christian God. I want to ask my fellow forumites, how many supreme beings do we have?

your brother is definitely right.

1. Jehovah is the biblical God whose traditions and commandments are consistent and traceable to the OT and subsequently the NT. The laws of Jehovah and His relationship with man coupled with His antecedents best explain His very ontological nature. It is from this nature that we can deduce a loving God, a powerful God, the maker and creator of all things that exist, the begging and end of all "existence", a merciful God, one who rules in the affairs of God, a warring God. . . .who fights for His people, one whose love cannot be quantified, who in faithfulness afflicts His people that they may learn His commandments and love them.

2. allah is one of the 360 idols in arabia. he was worshipped by mohammed's father called abdallah. abdallah means the slave of allah. since abdallah died before mohammed was born, not forgetting that it was mohammed who introduced islam and allah.
mohammed's family idol was allah, . . . .amongst the other 360 gods. mohammed started his campaign of proclaiming allah as the supreme being. . .he claimed that allah was the same God of the bible. his claim was false simply because. . .
A. if allah was the same God of the bible, why did allah stop using anointing oli? why did allah stop accepting sacrifices and burnt offerings? why did allah stop having priests?
B. if allah was the same God of the bible, and if mohammed was the one who introduced the world to allah . . . , who then was mohammed's father worshipping? and why was allah one of the 360 gods in arabia?

3. due to linguistic escapism, Jehovah God is also called Allah in arabic, hausa and other arab languages. but that does not deny the ontological fact that the koran's allah is an arabian idol and Allah is a linguistic interpretation of Jehovah God.

4. The bible makes it clear in ephisians that if we hear any strange gospel which we have not been "taught" . . .we should reject such as the product of the anti-Christ. Islam is a STRANGE gospel. . . . .islam denies the death, resurrection, divinity, messiah-ship sacrifice and salvation of JESUS CHRIST. islam is a strange gospel with a strange message from the pit of hell.
We also know that God (Jehovah) is not the author of confusion. . .how then would he send a p.aedophilic prophet to denounce the message of His only begotten son?

5. the life of mohammed shows that he definitely was not from the bible God (Jehovah). there was one thing which was consistent in the prophets of Jehovah. . . this was the elimination of sin and the presence of genuine repentance.
mohammed was a slave of sin. . . .he had untenable sexual relations with a 9 year old, he disobeyed allah by marrying 11 wives instead of 4, he stole his adopted son's wife, he called for the killing of christians and jews, he called for the killing of apostates, he killed virtually everyone he could kill.
mohammed also suffered from a suicidal spirit, he was concerned that he might be possessed by a demon.

6. mohammed's allah promised ALL muslims a place in HELL (surah 19:71). . .Jesus promised all who believe in Him till the end a place in eternal life.
mohammed's allah promised only terrorist a place in his paradise with 72 virgins. . . .Jesus condemned violence by stating that those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

7. Jesus asked that gospel be preached to all those who are yet to hear of it and even those who have another religion. . . . .mohammed's allah ask that all those who have other religions be killed.

8. One of the greatest lies through which satan is deceiving the world today is to make people believe that muslims and xtians serve the same being. . . . .but Jesus said that . . . . You shall know the truth and the truth shall set u free.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2010
image123 said:

''The Lord Jesus'' is a mythical entity whose character and storyline were derived from earlier 'saviour-gods' such as Horus, Mythra, Dionosyus, and Krishna. You need to put down your bible for a second and read proper history. Afterall information on this is widely available in these days of internet, and you don't even have to pay for it!
undecided
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by beneli(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
ROSSIKE:

image123 said:

''The Lord Jesus'' is a mythical entity whose character and storyline were derived from earlier 'saviour-gods' such as Horus, Mythra, Dionosyus, and Krishna. You need to put down your bible for a second and read proper history. Afterall information on this is widely available in these days of internet, and you don't even have to pay for it! undecided

You mean information like this one below?:

'The Christ-Myth theory is essentially without supporters in modern academic circles, biblical scholars and historians being highly dismissive of it,[40] viewing it as pseudo-scholarship,[32] with some going so far as to compare the theory's advocates with Holocaust deniers, flat-earthers, and people who believe the moon landing was faked.[43].' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
ROSSIKE
But I know the Lord Jesus Christ. He's more than just a story to me. He changes my life, He is my world. It's like someone trying to convince me that I'm paralysed. I know I am not. I don't need to confirm on the internet. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 03, 2010
image123 said:

ROSSIKE
But I know the Lord Jesus Christ. He's more than just a story to me. He changes my life, He is my world. It's like someone trying to convince me that I'm paralysed. I know I am not. I don't need to confirm on the internet. Jesus is Lord.

I'm sure you feel completely devoted and attached to ''Jesus''. But the truth is you could pick up just about ANY person or object and feel the exact same devotion and attachment to it, if you were conditioned enough in that direction.

Afterall before ''Jesus'' came along, millions of people were similarly devoted to, and had a ''close personal relationship'', with their chosen Orisha deity.

In India today, billions will die for Krishna, a deity they consider to be their ''saviour'', and with whom millions have a ''close personal relationship''.

Those people pray to Krishna, and many of them will tell you for free that they're prayers are regularly answered.

The belief you have is what brings the deity to life. Without the belief and devotion, there's no deity or ''saviour''.

Without ''worshippers'', ''Jesus'' would just be a lonely little man sitting in a corner, powerless.

According to the bible, he might get angry at this 'rejection', and kill, torture, and maim you in hellfire, in retaliation.

The obvious blackmail inherent in the christian story is very disturbing to those of us not taken in by this ''faith'', and is a clear indication to us of sinister intent by its manufacturers.
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by H2O2: 5:27am On Jan 03, 2010
Y'all can worship or believe in however many gods you all want to believe in

As for me, there is only one Christian God, and I won't worship any of these other god(s) before him.

bottom line
Re: The Notion Of One God Is False. by omobadan(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2010
Thanks for the replies people. This issue of Allah, Jehovah God or whatever is very interesting. Rossike, actually made a valid point in telling us about beliefs in deity or God. I always find that Christians and Muslims in Nigeria always put down other 'Gods or gods'. I'm sure it's part of the teachings of both religions. Regardless of what either religion says though, there's no such thing as one God if Christians and Muslims can't even agree on the issue. I understand they can't believe in the same Supreme Being because that will mean they'll have to accept that their God allowed other religious channels access to Him.

(1) (Reply)

What Manner Of Healing Is Dis @ Ghana(pics) / Dr Sign Fireman --- Real Man Of God! / 1 Free Bible, #400 Recharge Card Any Net Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.