Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Names Of The Two Witnesses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Names Of The Two Witnesses? (1096 Views)

Who Are The Two Witnesses In The Bible / Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. / Who Are These Two Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of The Two Witnesses? by kingofboys009: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
The name of the antichrist is Barack Hussein Obama which is 6+7+5 equal to 18 i.e 666. Name of the false prophet of Revelation 13 is pope francis. Anyone here who knows the name of the two witnesses of Revelation 11? Mind you, they are not Moses, Enoch or Elijah. 5k by airtime if you get it right

1 Like

Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Debeloved87(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
Really?
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by kingofboys009: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Yeah! For real.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Peter262: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
the old testament and the new testament
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by kingofboys009: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Peter262: the old testament and the new testament
No ! Neither are they oil and wine but they are born as human beings. Try again.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Joagbaje(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2013
kingofboys009: The name of the antichrist is Barack Hussein Obama which is 6+7+5 equal to 18 i.e 666.

Hitler and Several people have been labelled antichrist . They are dead now.

Let's get our facts right. One thing must be clear . The antichrist will be from Isreal from the tribe of Judah . Just like Jesus . The Jews will not accept an American as their messiah.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Gombs(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2013
kingofboys009: The name of the antichrist is Barack Hussein Obama which is 6+7+5 equal to 18 i.e 666. Name of the false prophet of Revelation 13 is pope francis. Anyone here who knows the name of the two witnesses of Revelation 11? Mind you, they are not Moses, Enoch or Elijah. 5k by airtime if you get it right

You are so wrong abt the anti Christ and false prophet!

The two witnesses are two 'folks' who are
seen in a vision by John of Patmos, who appear during
the Second woe in the Book of Revelation 11:1-14.

John is told that the court of God's temple would be
trampled on by the nations for 42 months. During that
period for 1,260 days (or 42 months, or 3½ years), two
witnesses would be granted authority to prophesy.

They are described as two olive trees and two
lampstands who stand before the Lord of the earth.

After their testimony, the Beast overcomes the two witnesses and kills them. For three and a half days, the people of the earth celebrate the death of the two witnesses who have tormented them for three and a half years.

Then God resurrects the two witnesses. This strikes fear on everyone witnessing their revival and the two witnesses ascend to heaven.

By referring to them as the two olive trees and the two lampstands (v. 4), he (John) recalls a vision of Zechariah (Zech 4:2-3),

Zech 4:2-3 MSG
2-3 He said, “What do you see?”
I answered, “I see a lampstand of solid gold with a
bowl on top.
Seven lamps, each with seven spouts, are set on the bowl. And there are two olive trees, one on either side of the bowl.”

The Olive tree were on both sides of the bowl on the lampstand continuously feeding it with oil.

Zech didn't know what it meant and asked the angel. The angel said with the accompanying message, "`Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty" (Zech 4:6).

The oil there was a symbol of the HolySpirit

Olive trees (with their oil) and lampstands (with their light) are appropriate images for the Spirit of God, and John has already used lampstands as a metaphor for the seven congregations (remember the 7 churches in Rev 1v11?) to which he writes. The witnesses, therefore, should be understood as vehicles of the Holy Spirit, representing Christian prophecy or the church in its prophetic ministry to the world, whether in John's time or ours.

Oya snd my airtime o...or d cash... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by kingofboys009: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
The two witnesses are actually the highest ranking angels and they were sent to earth to preach the gospel and they have names. Pls, this is not a joke here. Am not asking for the names of two inanimate things but the names of the two witnesses of Revelation 11 that are on earth. Try again.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by ojomikolo: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hey! I know the answer.
Their names are . . . . . . . .
Dont let me say it, i dont want any witch or marine sister to disturb me.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Gombs(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
kingofboys009: The two witnesses are actually the highest ranking angels and they were sent to earth to preach the gospel and they have names. Pls, this is not a joke here. Am not asking for the names of two inanimate things but the names of the two witnesses of Revelation 11 that are on earth. Try again.
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Gombs(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
kingofboys009: The two witnesses are actually the highest ranking angels and they were sent to earth to preach the gospel and they have names. Pls, this is not a joke here. Am not asking for the names of two inanimate things but the names of the two witnesses of Revelation 11 that are on earth. Try again.

Angels sent to preach to men?....really?
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by ojomikolo: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
@kingofboys i feel great about this. If God actually can send angels to preach the gospel, that shows that God loves men
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by ojomikolo: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
God loves men and for God to send angels to preach the gospel is not unexpected. I wish i knew their names now !
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by ojomikolo: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
God loves men so much, if God decides to send angels then it is not unexpected because many people do not love God
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2013
The antichrist is not obama because the rapture haven't taken place for the man of sin to be revealed he whom the son of man would destroy with the fire from his mouth. I think the antichrist would come up from asia
Re: Names Of The Two Witnesses? by DKJaleel: 6:08am On Nov 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

Hitler and Several people have been labelled antichrist . They are dead now.

Let's get our facts right. One thing must be clear . The antichrist will be from Isreal from the tribe of Judah . Just like Jesus . The Jews will not accept an American as their messiah.
benjamin netanyahu is your man

(1) (Reply)

Our Ancestors Represent Our Creator / ‘There Is No Hell Or Heaven; All Religions Are The Same” ---Pope Francis??? / SERMON JOTTERS: The Meaning Of Resurrection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.