Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. (1590 Views)

Proof Jehovah's Witnesses Are Extremist / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Who Are The Two Witnesses In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by brocab: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2015
In Revelation 11- the lord talks about the two witnesses, coming just before the Lord.
Some say its Moses and Elijah-others say its Enoch and Elijah-and others say it's Elijah and John the baptist, under the same anointing.
I believe the Lords talking about these two witnesses not as two people but two tribes of people the Jews as the Olive tree and the branches grafted in as the gentiles.
Am I right?
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by psucc(m): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2015
It is a mystery that well will know when we meet our Lord.
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by psucc(m): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2015
It is a mystery that well will know when we meet our Lord.

We will understand it better by and by
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by oprajo(m): 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
brocab:
In Revelation 11- the lord talks about the two witnesses, coming just before the Lord.
Some say its Moses and Elijah-others say its Enoch and Elijah-and others say it's Elijah and John the baptist, under the same anointing.
I believe the Lords talking about these two witnesses not as two people but two tribes of people the Jews as the Olive tree and the branches grafted in as the gentiles.
Am I right?
no they two persons enoch and elijah. because they will be killed by the antichrist but be resurrected .verse 10 calls them prophets. Zechariah 4: 1-14
gives more information
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by brocab: 10:09am On Mar 18, 2015
Well thanks for that-but lets look at the two witnesses as two groups of believers-the Olive tree-is Israel-and the wild Olive tree-is the Gentiles-and it was the wild Olive tree grafted into the Olive tree.

oprajo:
no they two persons enoch and elijah. because they will be killed by the antichrist but be resurrected .verse 10 calls them prophets. Zechariah 4: 1-14
gives more information
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Catholic church & the jews
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by brocab: 4:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Jews and Christians-Not Catholic But Christians.
Clardo:
Catholic church & the jews
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by brocab: 1:24am On Oct 11, 2018
While I was studying-I had found this page quite interesting about THE TWO WITNESSES: I had always wondered who they were, and where they came from-but after studying this, it makes a lot of sense-who are these two witnesses-both Jew and Gentile-both Churches are already here-witnessing for Christ!
In the book of {Revelation 11:3} these words, “And I will give power unto my TWO WITNESSES, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.”
I was always taught that the two witnesses were either two of the following three people depending upon who's book I was reading. Some would say that the two witnesses were Moses and Elijah, and others have said the two witnesses were Enoch and Elijah.
Well for me I was not content in what others were saying that these two witnesses MIGHT be, so I asked the Lord who these two witnesses were and he told me to read this WHOLE passage of scripture again.
So I read all of chapter 11 again, but I did not see what the Lord wanted to show me, so he told me to read it again. So I read it again.
Finally, I told the Lord that I just was not getting or understanding what he was trying to show me, then he spoke to my heart and said: “Do not think of my two witnesses as two people, but rather think of the two witnesses as two groups of people.” So I read this passage again and began to see clues in the other verses as to who these two witnesses are.

The next verse, verse 4 in {Revelation 11:4} reads,“These (speaking of the two witnesses) ARE the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”
And I began to think, “WHAT TWO OLIVE TREES”? This is how the Holy Spirit teaches us the word of God at times. As we ask questions, read the word of God, and meditate and think upon what we read, then we receive insight or revelation as to what these verses truly mean in light of the WHOLE word of God.
Now when these words, “the TWO OLIVE trees”, popped out, or off the page, so to speak, the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance of what I had read about Israel being the natural olive tree and how we as Gentiles who became Christians were considered or called a wild olive tree being grafted into the natural olive tree, which represented Israel. A Christian does not become a Jew, but rather we are grafted into God's people Israel to become a people of God. In other words, we become a WITNESS to the one true God, where before the cross the only people of God were the Jews or Israel.
Well, I could not remember what book of the Bible that I read about these TWO olive trees, so I picked up my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and looked up the word “olive” searching for the phrase “olive tree”. Today with computers you can now type phrases, but back then there were no personal computers. Kind of giving away my age.
Anyway, here is what I found. The word “olive” is found 38 times in the King James Version of the Bible, so I scanned down the list of verses where the word olive was found looking for the word “tree” and I found 20 references with the phrase “olive tree”.
I was quite astounded that there were so many references to olive trees, and I myself had only remembered one such reference, so I began to look up each and every reference to see what these olive trees were.
Now I want YOU, the reader to remember to think or view the two witnesses which ARE the two olive trees as being two GROUPS of people rather than just two individual people as we were previously taught. Sometimes we have to UNLEARN some things that we have come to believe as the truth before we can, in fact, come to the knowledge of THE TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
Now open your Bible to {Romans 11:17-25} By the way, this is the ONE passage that came to my mind when I saw that the two witness ARE the TWO OLIVE TREES.
{Romans 11:17-25} “And if some of the branches be broken off, and YOU, being a WILD OLIVE TREE, and were grafted in among them, and with them are partakers of the root and fatness of THE OLIVE TREE:
18. Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.
19. You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I may be grafted in.
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not high-minded, but fear:
21. For if God spared not the NATURAL BRANCHES, take heed that he spare not you.
22. Behold therefore the goodness and the severity of God: on which them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, IF you CONTINUE in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.
23. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in; for God is able to graft them in again.
24. For if it were cut out of the OLIVE TREE which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good OLIVE TREE; how much more shall these, which be the natural branches be grafted into their own OLIVE TREE?
25. For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to ISRAEL, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.”
I want you to see from this passage of scripture what the Lord showed to me through the Holy Spirit, and that being, that the TWO OLIVE trees, which ARE the TWO WITNESSES, are in fact two GROUPS of people rather than just two individual people as we were previously and falsely taught.
God's people Israel are their OWN olive tree called the natural olive tree. So the Jews are ONE witness.
And the Gentile people are called the wild olive tree, but not all Gentiles are WITNESSES of God. So more precisely the other WITNESS of God is the Gentiles who are believers in Jesus Christ.
Please keep in mind that those who taught us wrongly did not KNOW that they were wrong, but only taught what they themselves came to believe. I am sure that they taught to us what they sincerely believed to be the truth, so do not stop considering them to be our brothers and sisters in Christ.
But please be as the men of Berea, spoken of in the book of {Acts 17:11} that searched the scriptures daily to see if what they were being taught was, in fact, the TRUTH based upon the WHOLE word of God.
Now before the pre-tribulation rapture teaching came along I am not sure that if even anyone ever gave it a second thought as to who the two witnesses are. But when the question was asked by POST tribulation believers as to WHO would teach the gospel IF the church was not on the earth during the great tribulation. This is when Christians began speculating and writing books as to who were the two witnesses in Revelation chapter 11.
But AFTER I saw the truth of the POST tribulation rapture I began to wonder WHY God would send down from heaven two witnesses to preach the gospel when that job was given to the CHURCH? I am getting ahead of myself so let me just say again that the two witnesses ARE the TWO OLIVE TREES and not two individual people that God will send down from heaven during the time of great tribulation.
So again, the TWO GROUPS of people who are the ONLY TWO WITNESSES in all the earth who stand for the only true and wise God ARE number 1, the true believers in Christ Jesus, the Son of God, otherwise known as Christians or formally known as the WILD OLIVE TREE; and number 2, the other witness standing before the one true God is ISRAEL, which is the NATURAL OLIVE TREE.
So you see we have TWO different GROUPS of people who stand for the God of the earth, and it is these TWO GROUPS who are the TWO WITNESSES spoken of in the book of Revelation. We see symbolic language showing these two GROUPS of people all through the book of Revelation and not only in chapter 11.

Let me say this again. We can see these TWO GROUPS, the Jews, who believe in Almighty God the Father, and the Christians, those who believe in Jesus, the Son of God, as their savior all through the book of Revelation as well as the rest of the word of God.
Take a look at {Revelation 20:4} which says“...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the WITNESS of Jesus AND for the WORD of God.”
Once you come to the knowledge of the truth that the two witnesses are the Jews and the Christians, then you will begin to see subtle references all through the word of God of these two different groups of people that stand for the God of the earth.
Here in this verse, we see the Christians who have the WITNESS of Jesus, and the Jews who do not have the witness for Jesus but do have the WITNESS for the WORD of God, the Old Testament of the Bible.

Turn to {Revelation 15:3} and read, “And THEY sang the song of Moses the servant of God AND the song of the Lamb.”
I want you to notice TWO different songs that cannot be sung by any ONE individual group of people because they are victory songs sung by those who have been brought victory by the one whom the song is about.

The children of Israel were brought to victory by Moses being delivered from Egypt through the Red Sea. So the remnant of Jews who will be saved alive to go into the Millennium in the mortal bodies will sing the song of Moses.
And we as Christians are brought to victory through the blood of the Lamb. So the victorious Christians will sing the song of the Lamb.

We each have our own song to sing. It will not be until the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus that these TWO witnesses for the one true and only Almighty God will become ONE. Right now in this present world when a Jew becomes a Christian they are no longer a Jew in the eyes of God. And when a Gentile become a Christ we are no longer a Gentile.
Those IN Jesus Christ are no longer male nor female, a Jew nor a Gentile, but rather all believers in Jesus ARE Christ's. And ONLY those of us who ARE in Jesus Christ at his coming will be given eternal life. The remnant of Jews will be saved ALIVE in their MORTAL bodies and go into the 1000 year reign of Jesus to be taught of the Lord.
So again we can see two groups of people who are the only two WITNESSES for the God of all the earth. And these two witnesses are the children of Israel, the Jews, and the believers in Jesus, the Christians.
Let's look at one more verse found in Revelation that I find interesting. Open your Bible to Revelation chapter 21 and read verses 12 through 14 that talks about the New Jerusalem, the city of God.
{Revelation 21:12,14} “And had a great wall and high, and had TWELVE gates, and at the twelve gates twelve angels, and the NAMES of the TWELVE TRIBES of the children of ISRAEL...
14. And the wall of the city had TWELVE foundations, and in them the NAMES of the TWELVE APOSTLES of the LAMB.”
The twelve foundations with the names of the twelve apostles obviously represent the church, or true believers in Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God. And the twelve gates with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel, in turn, signify the children of Israel, the Jews. So again the only two GROUPS of people who are WITNESSES for the one true God in all the earth are clearly named as being Israel and believers in the Lamb of God, which we all agree are Christians.
The Christians I will refer to as SPIRITUAL Israel and the Jews I will refer to as NATURAL Israel. Both are Israel, in that, both groups are the only PEOPLE of God, but yet there are two groups of people from different backgrounds. Natural Jews are NOT saved.
When a JEW accepts Jesus as their Messiah, then they are no longer considered to be a JEW, but rather they are called Christians.
Well, if so be, that Moses is one of the two witnesses, then we have a CONTRADICTION with {Hebrews 9:27} because Moses has already DIED ONCE and the two witnesses will be killed so that would have Moses dying TWICE.
That only leaves one possibility for the two witnesses to be just two individual people. And those two individual people would have to be Elijah and Enoch, who some Christians claim to have never died, but rather they ascended into heaven.
{1 Thessalonians 4:14-17}
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Footnotes:Will we be like Elijah and Enoch? Some will die, other won't, from different tribes and nations, what is the 144000 have towards the end, is there any meaning to those that will lay in the street as dead, for 3 and a half day's, years-so every one will see them?.
Re: Can Some One Point Out Who These Two Witnesses Are In The Last Day's. by brocab: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
The other night-I was asked to join a prayer meeting at a Church building-it was good in one way, but the other way-I am seeing more and more Christians actually refusing to read the Word of God.
While I was at the meeting, I manage to share a study I had been studying about the two witnesses, the two Olive trees, which I found quite interesting-some believe in the end day's Moses and Elijah, or Elijah and Enoch will return-as the two witnesses, I believe the wild olive tree, and the olive tree are two groups of people being grafted into the one vine.
But anyway I wanted to share my findings with somebody I know, I was to believe he had knowledge of God nearly all his life, but strangely after sharing my findings, he had never read about the two witnesses-and he didn't know about the two olive trees? "so I managed to share my findings with a lady friend-hoping she would know-behold-she had no idea about anything I said about the two witnesses; she confused me-just as she was, she returned her answer back with a Antichrist story, she believes Satan won't be the end time Antichrist, but the world will be Antichrist on return.
To be honest I wasn't sure about her reply, and I didn't really want to ask her, how she see's the scriptures in genial?
I am seeing this more and more around Christians, no-one seems to have the flavour for Christ anymore-it's like they have lost their first love, 'they either knew Christ, or they never knew Christ in the first place.
I am sure we all have been down this track sometime in life-not knowing Christ-I can understand if someone backslides a little and turning themselves away from God, but to ask somebody still worshipping God-singing and praising God-doesn't make sense-how do we praise and worship, an unknowing God?
Had anybody heard of Strongholds-strongholds can be like carrying a heavy load, and sometimes it's hard to shake it off, especially without prayer-well I see strongholds coming down from the pulpit-if the Pastor isn't leading the Church-teaching the Word of God, then his reactions will reflect back to the Church.
The point I am making here-we need to recognise-the fruit, strongholds can cause problems within the body of Christ-it can cause laziness, and laziness causes people to back slide-I find there are more backsliders in Church then we find outside Church-Yes they do all the right things-they worship, sing the right songs, look like Christians, show a little interest-but underneath it all, Jesus doesn't know them, nor do they know Jesus.
I am sure we have felt ourselves drifting away from Christ at times, in most cases I find when I am not reading the Word of God, I feel I am drifting from Christ, it's a common fact-without seeking we seem to drift back into the world, we need encouragement from believers, we all need support from others standing behind us-we need the truth at all times-we need other Christians loving God-we need Christians to rely on God in everything.
It's hard these day's to find anybody-willing to study the Word of God-Churches are full of people-1 out of 10 know the lord-9 knows about Church tradition 'rules and regulations. "He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. {Mark 7:9}
We war against the principalities and powers of this world every time we seek God, I share my Godly experiences with other Christians, which puzzles me, that most Christians have never experienced a super natural encounter in the spirit, they don't recognise the principalities, nor do they experience the unknowing forces around them.
Even thru I find most Christians were born into Christian families, I found their denial of Christ is high-many Christians had never heard from God, I tell them about my dreams-how I have seen the unseen, I tell them God usually speaks to me through my dreams giving me scriptures, I tell them how I have heard the unseen steal doors in the spirit closing behind me, and why they had closed behind me, God's healing me, I said: God already knows our needs, if we were to seek after God-He will give us these needs, some Christians can't accept God heals today as well as He healed back then, some say they hear about stuff-but they refuse to believe it until they see it happening before their eye's, God heals sickness through prayer-God raises the dead, even today.
Traditional Churches are to be strongholds, I found many Church goer's were baptised as a Child, they never felt to be baptised in Christ at a later date, they believe Jesus exist- they watch out for those they think that needs Christ, but never made the right decision themselves.
I find many of them never read their bibles, because through tradition bible reading always came from the pulpit, Latin speaking, they never had fellowship with Jesus-they don't know Jesus-let alone witness about Jesus, sadly Pastors don't seem to rely on God, as long as tradition rules and regulations are in place, the rich will always support them.
It doesn't matter where any of us fellowship-no-one cares if the Word of God is preached or not-new Pastors come and go, different denominations teach the same message, they use the same methods, the same lines, and twist the same bible verses for their financial gain.
If we can't see it coming-then we won't recognise it-because There's no earthly money crabbing church found for this little black duck..

(1) (Reply)

Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. / Muslims Are Expected To Know The Truth From Christians / Zambia's Day Of Prayers : The Hilarious, The Sad, The Stuuuupid .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.