Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet (18324 Views)

Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) / Man Drowned In Lagoon While Swimming To Win A Bet / TRAGIC: Two Girls Die While Swimming In Enugu River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by curiouslad(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2013

Our correspondent learnt that the late Abeokuta, Ogun State indigene, had only recently gained admission into the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta before the tragedy struck.

ASUU!!!!!
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by princemolak(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Blame dis on ASUU
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2013
Why do Nigerians run when kasala burst?
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by curiouslad(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Why do Nigerians run when kasala burst?

Because we mostly have a very big and loud mouth grin grin but we are mostlychickened at heart!!

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by lafuria1(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2013
I bet he hasn't swim in a river for years but just believed since he can swing his hands, he can swim in a big lagoon . Even Phelps won't make such a bet.

I remember a similar incident in lagos where one traders cow was drowning, one of the boys told him he can rescue it, the trader told him he can't that he should just forget about it. The boy insisted and demanded for 10k. The trader agreed. End of story, both cow and the young man never came back. I don't know y this lagos boys love bragging about everything.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by lafuria1(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2013
No one wants to held responsible na
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by borntobegr8t(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2013
U can never be a good swimmer except u learn hw to float ...thats the only way u will never run out of breath...R.I.P sad

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2013
Trouble sleep, yanga go wake am....(^O^)~`O`~♘ grin
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Jelo4kul(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Results of ASUU strike
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by ichommy(m): 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
I said it yesterday, I hate swimming.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Layolaw(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2013
unseen power at work

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Codedboy95(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2013
put the blame on foolishness, joblessness and ASUU
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by nerodenero: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Ise kin pa ni, ayo ni npa ni
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Forwetinnah: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Things people do for money..smh!
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2013
tayor_k: Point number one,ODI, secondly stupid and heartless friends
(•̩̩̩̩͡_•̩̩̩̩͡)

His friends were not heartless, they were S.T.U.P.I.D just like him.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2013
Where I come from,they would say

ara ma so fun'e which literally means Body will tell U

ara ti so fun bobo ode yen - Body has told the foolish guy
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2013

Because Nigerian Police no wan know wetin happen, everybody go 1st go jail den una go settle matters later.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Danhumprey: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2013
How much was the bet? undecided
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Anniettieufia(m): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Betting with friends ?
How much was the bet?

I can't play such a risk with my common friends,
Not even with the federal govt,
cos they will deny you...

If i have an opportunity i can bet with Mtn, Etisalat or Dangotte,
then my family can take it up frn there.

RIP ,
broda man,
boys lesson learned
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by pmc01(m): 10:22am On Nov 26, 2013

Abdullateef, however, said the deceased merely went to the lagoon to defecate after he became pressed.

“Then, he decided to swim and wash his body. His brother, Wale, waited at the shore. When he was swimming back, he just lost breath, and was exhausted. His brother saw him drowning but did not suspect that anything was wrong until it was too late.”

This guy will make spokespersons to politicians jealous with his 'amazing' ability to twist tales.

Hmmnn!

2 Likes

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by busymouth: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2013
eyya!!!
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by iamdsam: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2013
It's easy to die a foolish death. Some daft death like this only but amazes me to the point that I wonder what Nigerian youths can't do for money.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by ZACHIE: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2013
la furia: I bet he hasn't swim in a river for years but just believed since he can swing his hands, he can swim in a big lagoon . Even Phelps won't make such a bet.

I remember a similar incident in lagos where one traders cow was drowning, one of the boys told him he can rescue it, the trader told him he can't that he should just forget about it. The boy insisted and demanded for 10k. The trader agreed. End of story, both cow and the young man never came back. I don't know y this lagos boys love bragging about everything.
Smh.

Was he going to back the cow or lap it to safety?
There are indeed supermen in Lagos
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by adeyrule(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2013
D. Kinds of betting is very common around dat place,his own case jus turn upside down
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Dannylux: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2013
I needa learn swimming sad

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by simplynola(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2013
Mungo Park the Explorer
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Testerfuze(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Get rich(by winning d gamble)
Or die tryin.

Buh he died tryin sadGet rich(by winning d gamble)
Or die tryin.

Buh he died tryin
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2013
I BLAME ASUU! If the young man was in school this wouldn't have happened! things like this will continue happening until they suspend this strike
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by binhozie(m): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2013
Friends of the deceased, who had accompanied him on a boat, were said to have fled the scene after he did not make it out of the water

What is it with Yoruba people and pickin race sef? Haba
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Burger01(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Death was relaxing in his abode and this young man woke him up all because of money. So sad.

sad

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by debetmx(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2013
Poverty of the mind
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2013
Too much oily soup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Ranked 21st Most Generous People In The World / Jilted UI Student Drinks Bleach / Why Is Popular Romancelander Vickybee Always Fond Of Unfollowing Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.