Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Enemies Of Mankind - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enemies Of Mankind (2613 Views)

Islam Is GOD Almighty's Original Religion To All Of Mankind / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: please can you give some examples of these exceptions we haven't dealt with in our previous statements?

What other exceptions are there?

Say I secretly steal money from someone, and he asks me if I have seen it, and I say no, is that not wrongdoing?

Or I take meat from my mothers pot, and deny it, is that lie not wrong?

What other exceptions are there?

I once read about a very rich woman who died and wiled all her properties to a cat. Lets say her child lies to her he has been diagnosed with cancer (even fabricated a med report) and needs some of the money for treatment. If that exactly is the only way to prevent the woman from foolishly wiling all properties to a cat, that is not a wrong doing. Irrespective of what selfish reasons he had for collecting the money.

The two examples you cited are not exceptions. I clearly told you there are always exceptions to lying for selfish reasons thereby ruling out an absolute.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Telling lies for selfish reasons is wrong and empathy is enough to tell me that. The point has been made. cool Another dumb question from you and i unfollow this thread. Stop trying to make people religion is the only to be moral, it is a big told for selfish reasons.

tongue cool cool
good.
First, I am not trying to make people think religion is the only way to be moral. That would be deceitful. Remember, I am against religious hypocrisy.

Now, what brings about empathy in this case? What makes lieing wrong? Have you ever lied before? For selfish reasons?
Have you ever disregarded empathy and conscience at all?
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: good.
First, I am not trying to make people think religion is the only way to be moral. That would be deceitful. Remember, I am against religious hypocrisy.

Now, what brings about empathy in this case? What makes lieing wrong? Have you ever lied before? For selfish reasons?
Have you ever disregarded empathy and conscience at all?

1. human emotions
2. Empathy
3. Yes.
4. No. Atleast none that would harm my fellow man.
5. Can't remember ever doing so.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

1. human emotions
2. Empathy
3. Yes.
4. No. Atleast none that would harm my fellow man.
5. Can't remember ever doing so.

Okay. You've lied. I have too.

Now, do you realize lieing is disregarding empathy and breaching conscience?
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst:

Okay. You've lied. I have too.

Now, do you realize lieing is disregarding empathy and breaching conscience?

No, not when the lies is necessary and it doesn't harm my fellow man
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

are you talking about physical harm? Have you ever told unnecessary lies?

I remember taking something prohibited from the fridge when I was little, and lieing that I did not. That did not cause physical harm, but it was a breach of empathy and conscience.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Bro, he is trying to box you into admitting lying is absolutely wrong after which he can throw in his omni skydaddy.

Lol, i know ure wiser anyway.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: are you talking about physical harm? Have you ever told unnecessary lies?

I remember taking something prohibited from the fridge when I was little, and lieing that I did not. That did not cause physical harm, but it was a breach of empathy and conscience.

Harm, any type of harm. Unnecessary is relative. I would never tell a lie that would hurt my fellow man. You took something prohibited because you were a naughty little brat grin and not because you lacked empathy. Atleast, you admitted you knew it was wrong. Whether or not you disregard empathy is totally up to you.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
rationalmind:

Bro, he is trying to box you into admitting lying is absolutely wrong after which he can throw in his omni skydaddy.

I can never admit lying is absolutely wrong. NEVER. I can lie a million times to save a life. I would kill a million times in self defense. a billion times self.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Harm, any type of harm. Unnecessary is relative. I would never tell a lie that would hurt my fellow man. You took something prohibited because you were a naughty little brat grin and not because you lacked empathy. Atleast, you admitted you knew it was wrong. Whether or not you disregard empathy is totally up to you.
smh. grin

So you have never done something wrong like lying?

rationalmind:

close, but not entirely correct.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

I can never admit lying is absolutely wrong. NEVER. I can lie a million times to save a life. I would kill a million times in self defense. a billion times self.
have you ever lied? As in, not to save a life, I mean lieing now. You understand.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: have you ever lied? As in, not to save a life, I mean lieing now. You understand.

Now this is the last time i would answer this same question. I have a lied millions of times and i would lie trillions more. So far is it necessary at that point and it doesn't hurt my fellow man. I am not telling lies to take what doesn't belong to me. I would lie!
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Now this is the last time i would answer this same question. I have a lied millions of times and i would lie trillions more. So far is it necessary at that point and it doesn't hurt my fellow man. I am not telling lies to take what doesn't belong to me. I would lie!
since you were born, you've never told a lie to take what does not belong to you? Or for your selfish interests?

Wow! Congrats abeg. I no easy.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
^^^
But if you have actually lied to take what does not belong to you, or for your selfish interests, it means as you have admitted that you have done wrong.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^
But if you have actually lied to take what does not belong to you, or for your selfish interests, it means as you have admitted that you have done wrong.

Assuming i have, and so? tongue
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:03am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Assuming i have, and so? tongue
so we'll go on to the next phase of this question and answer session.

Do you agree that for something to be wrong, it means a law is broken?
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 12:05am On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: so we'll go on to the next phase of this question and answer session.

Do you agree that for something to be wrong, it means a law is broken?

No. wrong is relative. Fornication is wrong according to christians, not to me. Contraceptives is wrong to some christians, Not to me.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

No. wrong is relative. Fornication is wrong according to christians, not to me. Contraceptives is wrong to some christians, Not to me.
did we not just conclude that a lie with the intent of selfish is always wrong? How is that relative?

Do you want me to break the news for you? To give you the end of this matter?
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 12:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: did we not just conclude that a lie with the intent of selfish is always wrong? How is that relative?

Do you want me to break the news for you? To give you the end of this matter?

Please break the news. Wrong is relative. Empathy is enough to tell me what is wrong. Empathy is something we all possess, atheist, muslims, chrsitians, judaist, satanist or buddhist. Whether or not you disregard empathy is up to you. Belief in a super natural being does not equate morality. Morality is Morality, belief is belief. If you are telling me you need a 3000 year old book to tell me what is wrong then you are telling lies, and you know how your god burns people for no reason grin
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:28am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Please break the news. Wrong is relative. Empathy is enough to tell me what is wrong. Empathy is something we all possess, atheist, muslims, chrsitians, judaist, satanist or buddhist. Whether or not you disregard empathy is up to you. Belief in a super natural being does not equate morality. Morality is Morality, belief is belief. If you are telling me you need a 3000 year old book to tell me what is wrong then you are telling lies, and you know how your god burns people for no reason grin
maybe your atheistic indoctrination does not allow you to see through this honest process we've undergone.

So here's the truth. Everyone has empathy and a conscience, that's why everyone has sinned. Wrong is not relative. Lieing with selfish deceit is always wrong. How do we know? Fundamental natural laws are written in our minds, the very fact of empathy confirms this, and the prescence of empathy and conscience- these natural processes- imply a supreme law giver. Yeah, you might have sensed this.

But here's the bummer; the very fact that you try to hide behind the "wrong is relative" concept shows that you do not want to be responsible for wrongdoing. Or will you now tell me empathy is relative too? After you have just alluded its universality by saying we all possess it?

Wrong is wrong. Lieing for selfish deceit is wrong. The very fact that our empathy and conscience tells us that this basic natural thing is wrong shows that we have a basic natural law written in our minds. And that can only imply an absolute lawgiver: God.

We have all broken these laws of our minds, disregarding empathy and violating conscience, and that's why this absolute lawgiver will judge all...

And you know where that leads to too.

Goodnight mehn cool
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 12:31am On Nov 28, 2013
Absolute law giver my assshole
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:32am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder: Absolute law giver my assshole
you can give epileptic comebacks wheen you've recovered from the shock. cool

You have already implied everything I wrote in the question and answer session.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 12:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: you can give epileptic comebacks wheen you've recovered from the shock. cool

You have already implied everything I wrote in the question and answer session.

story story tongue tongue tongue

My point has been made, you don't need religion to be do the right thing.

Any other thing na super story tongue tongue tongue
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:44am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

story story tongue tongue tongue

My point has been made, you don't need religion to be do the right thing.

Any other thing na super story tongue tongue tongue
lol. You should realize that you didn't make any true point, and you're the one who kept bringing up religion. I didn't.
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by MonsieurCoder: 12:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol. You should realize that you didn't make any true point, and you're the one who kept bringing up religion. I didn't.

I made my point. You tried to make atheist look bad. Once again, you failed. undecided

Empathy tongue Empathy tongue tongue Empathy tongue tongue tongue
Re: Enemies Of Mankind by Joshthefirst(m): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

I made my point. You tried to make atheist look bad. Once again, you failed. undecided

Empathy tongue Empathy tongue tongue Empathy tongue tongue tongue
grin

Goodnight dude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I A Deist? / Holy Mary And Protestants / 5 Reason Why A Muslim Should Convert To Jesus Follower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.