Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Bewary Of People Like Akpabio, Nyako Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bewary Of People Like Akpabio, Nyako Tells Jonathan (656 Views)

People Like Nnamdi Kanu And Sambo Dasuki Do Not Deserve Bail – Buhari / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bewary Of People Like Akpabio, Nyako Tells Jonathan by Coolboi05(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North
The seven aggrieved governors of the People’s Democratic Party, yesterday faulted Governor Godswill Akpabio over his claim that the governors could face possible rebellion from their followers if they moved to the All Progressive Congress.
Akpabio told state House corespondents in Abuja after an official engagement with President Jonathan that it was wrong for the rebel governors to threaten to leave the PDP for another party without showing respect to the President.
Akpabio said, “I believe that you cannot be a good leader unless you’re a good follower and I believe also strongly that leadership comes from God. So the question of rebelling against leadership does not occur because if I rebel against the leadership at the federal level, I should expect somebody also to rebel against my leadership at the state level, maybe from my own local government or thereabouts.
“And it is expected that as a governor state, I should be expected respect the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So it is not important who occupies the position. I think what is important is to give respect to the institution of the presidency in Nigeria. And that way, the international community can respect also Nigeria.
“I don’t see a problem in the issues of certain politicians wanting to change party, it is a normal thing in politics that people move from one political party to the other.
” But what is important is that we move on and the country moves on. And as PDP is very big and robust enough, with its branches in 774 local government areas in Nigeria, if you have five persons moving awY from PDP, you have 10 to 50 moving into PDP.
“You know, there are so many APC members who are approaching me on a daily basis that they want to move into PDP but I keep telling them that it is not yet time, let us resolve this issue of G-7 governors and then you see the big fishes that will come out of the APC. They are ready to come out and when they come out, it is going to be a boom. It something that the entire country will shout.
But the G-7 governors said the declaration by Akpabio, who is the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, amounted to an incitement of Nigerians against them and asked Mr. President to take note of the statement.
The governors, who spoke through the Adamawa State Governor, Murtala Nyako, noted with dismay the declaration of war on them by Akpabio and wondered who made him lord over them.
Nyako said, “Mr. President should be wary of people like Akpabio who wants to chase away other Nigerians from him so that he alone would be seen as a loyalist.
“Mr. President should note the outburst by the Akwa Ibom governor and call him to order before he causes more people who would have been of help to him to ditch him,” Nyako said.
The governors restated their aversion to the leadership of the PDP, saying that what the party has been doing amounted to a disservice to the members and Nigerians.
“PDP as presently constituted does not promote justice and equity but constitutes a major setback to democracy. Indeed, the current PDP can best be described as the enemy of democracy.
“The leadership started by substituting its Anambra governorship candidates’ names in Abuja and ended disowning it’d candidate even after INEC had owned up to a dismal election that was seriously sabotaged.
The PDP has lost its voice in democracy and now constitutes an enemy of what is just and honest,” the governors noted.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/wary-people-like-akpabio-nyako-tells-jonathan/
Re: Bewary Of People Like Akpabio, Nyako Tells Jonathan by Kponkwem(m): 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Arewa and blind quest for power at all costs. Chickens coming home to roost.
Re: Bewary Of People Like Akpabio, Nyako Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
In Nigeria, respect the president means fear the president. Nobody in the same party as Obama fears him. Obama's party members disagree and blast him all the time. Democracy is about having disagreements and working out your differences through discussion and dialogue. GEJ and Tukur are changing PDP rules arbitrarily without due process. The Governors who know the rule and have been part of PDP since 1998 are being victimized and silenced due to perceived ambition. Jonathan himself was once a member of opposition party in Bayelsa (NCPN). It is fine as they've moved to APC. Their objective is to spike GEJ. You don't want to mess with a unified North. When it is all said and done, the Hausas who are in GEJ's camp will desert him at the last minute.

Jonathan will end up like Lawrence Gbagbo and Samuel Doe. He will be consumed by his foolishness.

(1) (Reply)

God Will Punish Anyone Who Takes My Gift Without Voting For Me In 2015, Senator / "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari / Oshiomhole Nabs Edo Man Who Converts Akpakpava Road To His Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.