Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Stressed Out Entrepreneurs Can Find Happiness - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stressed Out Entrepreneurs Can Find Happiness (378 Views)

World's First Public 'MASTURBATION BOOTH' For Stressed Out Workers To Relieve Th / What Entrepreneurs Can Learn From My Mom's Ipad Story / Emerging Business Opportunities In Nigeria Which Entrepreneurs Can Key Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stressed Out Entrepreneurs Can Find Happiness by Kitime(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Adopt these five rules to make sure the stress of starting up doesn’t get you down.

As the saying goes, money doesn’t buy happiness–but especially when you’re an entrepreneur.

Gurbaksh Chahal, the chairman and CEO at RadiumOne, says being financially successful is one thing, and being happy is quite another. “As an entrepreneur, I’ve been fortunate to see financial success but that has little connection to genuine happiness,” he writes in a post on LinkedIn.

He says entrepreneurs need to cultivate happiness by getting out of business mode and balancing their daily lives. “Let passion dictate the 86,400 seconds you share with the world each day,” he urges.

Below, read a few rules for happiness Chahal says he lives by.

(1) Unplug.

Starting your own business means that you have to be constantly connected to your smartphone and laptop–hoping that email comes through from a venture capitalist, waiting for an answer from your partner. But the “wired world” is just as important as your “real world,” Chahal writes. “Set aside the phone and the laptop and carve out quality time with the people that really matter to you. At the end of the day, they are the only definition of what’s real,” he writes. “Time is actually our greatest virtue. Cherish each of these real moments.”

Read the rest of the article - http://discoverlagoscity.com/how-to-be-a-happier-and-less-stressed-entrepreneur/

(1) (Reply)

Cosmetology / Are Women The Best Team Leaders And Managers? / I Want To Into Forin Trade But I Don't Know Where To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.