Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) (2537 Views)

Heavy Smoke In Port Harcourt (pictures) / The Jonathans And The Rots In Bayelsa Politics!!!! By Sabella Abidde, / APC Rally Causes Commotion In Port-Harcourt (Pictures & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
I was in NNPC, PH today to get my DPR Permit but to my utter disgust the decay and rot I saw there today can only depict the level of decadence in our public institutions. With all the money being made through NNPC nothing is reserved to maintain the facility being used as their regional office in Port Harcourt where the bulk of the money is being made

The entire premises was littered with broken down infrastructure that is begging on its kneels. The toilet facilities are in total mess. As at the time I got there there was no light in the building. I asked one of the security men who confided in me that they can go for two, three days without light at times due to generator break down. The NNPC in Abuja was built to a world class standard, why then is Port Harcourt in total disrepair?

I will like this thread to hit the front page so that people in Abuja will do something immediately about this mess.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
***Subscribing****
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Entering the facility
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Approach gatehouse. Even the building is like something that will collapse any moment.

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Waspy(m): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
Boss, the only system working in Naija is corruption and you know i'm right
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Inside the premises.

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rickety cars dumped in the premises.

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Offices and toilet facilities.

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by redsun(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kai! With all the monies they are pilfering there,the place is like a rat hole.Nigerian establishments have no sense of dignity,they don't mind operating in piggeries as offices,as long as left to steal the resources.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by egift(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
All I see in the picture is corruption. Don't worry we will soon kick out the Ogogoro guys. grin
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
More

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by atlwireles: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
That could be Nitel in 1990s, any PHCN office three years ago, Nigeria Airways office in the 1990s. They all have one thing in common. Nobi der papa property.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chino nwannem, permit me to say that this is about your best picture thread on nairaland.
Nice one
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chino is the DPR certificate a reward for your effort in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by henrychubayo: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
You have done good and have taken the first step to post it online. Plz send that picture to the next available newspaper with some write up. I just hope that maintenance dept need to be created in this country urgently. People are shouting Jonathan and others but seems individuals needs to play their role. If the manager of these premises is not corrrupt, he should have done something somehow. The whole system is so corrupt. Few months ago, someone showed pix of NTA toilet. Even HIV, YELLOW fever could be contacted just by looking at it. Maintenance needs to be taken very serious.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
I left NNPC so disheartened and in sober mood. Feeling pity for Nigeria. If a whole NNPC could be like this how much other less important government institutions. I am weeping.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Chino is the DPR certificate a reward for your effort in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election?

Nwanne am a federal civil servant and also a businessman in oil and gas services.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Zona.com:
Chino nwannem, permit me to say that this is about your best picture thread on nairaland.
Nice one

Is part of the effort to save Nigerian institutions from total collapse.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Ngwakwe: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
No be only reward, na entitlement join am.

Sunny_bobo: Chino is the DPR certificate a reward for your effort in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election?
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sexkilz would you please place this on the front page. I will like people in Abuja to see this. Its part of the effort to salvage Nigerian institutions. Thank you
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Now this is NNPC Towers Abuja. Spot the difference it has with Port Harcourt facility where the bulk of the resources emanates.

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by nduchucks: 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
There is too much useless duties and unnecessary duplication of efforts going on here, not to talk of ghost employees.

I agree with the OP, the useless PH facility should be closed and torn down.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by eyenCalabar(m): 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Just like Zambia, Nigeria shall be free cry
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by IAMBREEZY: 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Naija and corruption are identical twins,the only way corruption can fade away is when those bad eggs are broken and anihilated.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On Nov 27, 2013
That's what the Jonathan administration has done in Rivers State. Total neglect of federal parastatals and roads. Work only started recently on East-West Road while the Rivers end of Aba-PH express way is totally damaged. A journey from Eleme junction to Obigbo now takes 2 hours.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by baby124: 3:46am On Nov 27, 2013
What is OP trying to suggest. That they fix it? Lmao. Maintenance culture is dead in Nigeria. This is how most of the flying coffins will look like if they were buildings. Yet madam is making time to be a Nollywood star. Did you see the police college before it was fixed? We wonder why people behave like animals when that is the only kind of treatment they have been exposed to. This is just the surface. These thieves are not normal. We have people with serious mental problems in government
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by oneeast: 6:26am On Nov 27, 2013
Abagworo: That's what the Jonathan administration has done in Rivers State. Total neglect of federal parastatals and roads. Work only started recently on East-West Road while the Rivers end of Aba-PH express way is totally damaged. A journey from Eleme junction to Obigbo now takes 2 hours.

So GEJ is now the cause of the age long neglect of NNPC? Nwokem think before you say anything. I didn't create this thread to blame FG, but the relevant authorities responsible for maintenance and running of the facility. Am sure funds are usually set aside for the running of the facility, but they chose to siphon it than use it for its purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2013
Fleeeessshhhhyyyy Yiar!!!!

Jonathan shall be your President till 2028.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Boss13: 6:39am On Nov 27, 2013
A shame. This syndrome reflects in all of us.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by GeneralJ(m): 6:45am On Nov 27, 2013
nigerians lack maintenance sense walahi, ordinary signboard dem no fit paint, dem no even fit fix toilet well, chai,nigerians really need a change of mind ohh, later now they will wear big agbada to church saying they are worshipping God after stealing millions of naira. corrupt morafuckers
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by ifoundmyperfect: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Visitor No 104, U sldnt be so difficult to find by those that won't like such rot to surface the internet. It may surprise you to know that some of these institutions have got a lot of money released for its maintenance. The system is just too corrupt.
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Symphony007: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2013
one.east:

So GEJ is now the cause of the age long neglect of NNPC? Nwokem think before you say anything. I didn't create this thread to blame FG, but the relevant authorities responsible for maintenance and running of the facility. Am sure funds are usually set aside for the running of the facility, but they chose to siphon it than use it for its purpose.
other hausa and yoruba presidents are responsible for the years of decline. But it is expected that jonathan. A son of the niger delta make such things his priority. He should right a majority of the wrongs that have been done to the treasure base of the nation. If he does'nt then why do we have him there? What is his use to the niger delta people? Why does he and his political cronies think every niger deltan should swear eternal allegience to him when the most basic of their problems has'nt been addressed. He should be carefull because after him only God knows when the niger delta will ever produce a president and history look upon him with scorn for being complacent in the suffering of his own people and wasting a golden opportunity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Chibok Girls And Women Complete 'mumus'? Or Is Asari Dokubo Vindicated? / HILARIOUS: OBJ Speaks On Buhari Again / Muslim Lady Attacked By Fellow Muslims For Supporting Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.