Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) (2538 Views)

Heavy Smoke In Port Harcourt (pictures) / The Jonathans And The Rots In Bayelsa Politics!!!! By Sabella Abidde, / APC Rally Causes Commotion In Port-Harcourt (Pictures & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2013
Maintenance culture is dead in Nigeria. Nobody cares until calamity occurs and people die(until the building collapses).

Visitor no . . .,I hope this wont haunt you OP undecided
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by RedReact: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2013
In not so long decades past, China was a negligible entity in the comity of nations with no atom of significance. Today, they have build a great country that is trying to rub shoulders with others in the world (not that I really like the Chinese though). They built a fisherman-village called Shezhen (south of Guangzhou) as a city to compete neck-to-neck with Hong Kong (as Shanghai has an Hong Kong-like history with Europeans settling there, before communism set in). Shenzhen was built almost the same year our precious Abuja was being built or planned. Today, they are planning on transforming another village called Yiwu Zhejiang so as to make it rub shoulder with other cities too. How did they achieve these? They have a good value system, thou gh they have good cases of corruption too, just like beloved Nigeria.
As it has been said over and over, relocate the whole population of Nigeria to planet mars and leave this blessed country deserted with NO one living in it, and ask either the Europeans or Westerners or Japs or Chincs to build the country from scratch. I am sure that 50 years will be too much for these people to turn my fatherland to the haven to be envied by all personalities that inhabited the place before, owing to the fact that the land is abundant in resources some of these countries are secretly wishing to have a quarter of it.
I do criticize the government too, but when I see my countrymen's attitude towards government's property or business, I become depressed. I will never forget one of Sagamite's word on this forum when the issue of Indian brouhaha surfaced.
If one-man business can be ruined or has a 90% chance of being ruined when placed under a Nigerian employee without the owner supervising it aggressively, why will government establishment not run at loss when government top-function offices has been turned to an opportunity to eat your cake till the offer lasts?
I don't know whether to say Nigeria can get it right in this generation or not, but one thing I am sure of is that anything we do on earth shall be accounted for at the end of the day.
God bless the well-meaning Nigerians!!
God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by Ugom38(f): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2013
it is the trend in our system,robbing peter to pay paul
op,you have not even gone to the ph refinery at Eleme.
i do not blame Niger Deltans when they clamour for wot is theirs,truly they have been cheated on ,over and over again
i still stand for every state controlling their resources
Nigeria's centenary celebration is being commemorated with the building of a centenary village in Abuja and i ask,wot if the money budgeted is shared among the 36 states to benefit from the celebration,will anybody cry of marginalisation?
Re: Nairalander Exposes The Rots And Decays In NNPC Port Harcourt (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2013
one.east:
Now this is NNPC Towers Abuja. Spot the difference it has with Port Harcourt facility where the bulk of the resources emanates.

^^^I bet this one would be spotless and still looking brand new! Why the hell do we have to have the head office in Abuja and not Port Harcourt anyway?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 Prophesies Coming To PAST / Are Chibok Girls And Women Complete 'mumus'? Or Is Asari Dokubo Vindicated? / Buhari And Aisha, Can We Trust Them? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.