Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls (743 Views)

Share Your Experience As A Tenant That Made You Decide To Become A Landlord / Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 1:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, my tenant annual payment due August this year. We had an agreement that he's to pay yearly. So he came to me in the mid October that he would leave the house by November ending and that he would pay 3 months.
I however told him to write an undertaking letter which he did. It was written in the letter that if he doesn't park out of the apartment at the stated time that he should be thrown out.
From his attitude lately, I don't think he's ready to park out.
Lawyers, gurus, kindly help me out on this, what measures should I take by the month end if he refuse to leave? How strong is the undertaking letter?
I'm no more comfortable with the man's presence in my house!
Thank you
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Good morning all
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
No one to contribute? Na wa o
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by lawyer(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Did you receive the 3months payment from him?
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
lawyer: Did you receive the 3months payment from him?
Yes, but he paid part of it, promised to complete it by month end.
Thank you D-Law
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by lawyer(m): 2:54am On Nov 28, 2013
That's very wrong. If you want to give someone quit notice, you do it validly and legally. The fact he is still paying you rent without any proper quit notice gives him the right to claim he has a subsisting tenancy agreement with you and if he doesn't leave, the law will back him that he wasn't given a proper quit notice. Lets wait till his tenancy expires and if he refuses to go then we would devise other methods; but until then, you have no choice but to wait
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2013
lawyer: That's very wrong. If you want to give someone quit notice, you do it validly and legally. The fact he is still paying you rent without any proper quit notice gives him the right to claim he has a subsisting tenancy agreement with you and if he doesn't leave, the law will back him that he wasn't given a proper quit notice. Lets wait till his tenancy expires and if he refuses to go then we would devise other methods; but until then, you have no choice but to wait
When will his tenancy expires? The 3 months he paid will expire this November which he didn't even complete the money.
Re: Landlord And A Tenant, Help Pls by jakeng(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Wow!!!

(1) (Reply)

Land in Abuja: Asokoro, Maitama, Wuse, Garki Area 1,2,3,4, 5,6,7, 8, 9, 10 etc / Two wings of 5 Bedroom Duplex at Parkview Estate Ikoyi for sale. / Rock/granite For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.