Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

How Do I Invest My 50k? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Do I Invest My 50k? (1519 Views)

I Need Suggestions On How/what To Invest My Savings On(urgent) / The Best Biz To Invest My Money.. / Advise On Where I Can Invest My Idle Funds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Invest My 50k? by Contumely: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2013
Because of ASUU strike, I managed to raise 50k which I wouldn't want to spend on luxuries. Please how do I invest this paltry sum. I would have considered using it for internet business but there seems to be no genuine one around.
=
I have heard about First Bank Money market mutual fund but don't know much about it. I have browsed it though.

=
There was a package from sterling bank, a kind of fixed deposit with 7% yearly. The interest is a pittance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks a million.
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by Seun(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2013
You can buy FGN bonds with as little as 10,000 naira, so that should work. The interest rate is better than 7% per annum - 12% to 13%.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by abiodunwes(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2013
Y don't u go into fish farming in ur aos or school hostel, this wil help u a lot.
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by Seun(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2013
abiodunwes: Y don't u go into fish farming in ur aos or school hostel, this wil help u a lot.
As a full-time student, he is not looking for a business to distract him from studies, he's looking for a place to keep the money from himself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by tolutweety(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2013
@ seun : pls tell me more abt the FGN bonds, i know they are risk-free or of minimum risk, what im so particular is the rate and how easy i can get the returns on the investment.

btw, fgn bonds or treasury bills, what and why should i go for the former ?

THANKS.
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by ichommy(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2013
Seun: You can buy FGN bonds with as little as 10,000 naira, so that should work. The interest rate is better than 7% per annum - 12% to 13%.

Seun, please tell me more about the FGN bonds and Treasury Bill.
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by simplyme3(f): 8:44am On Nov 27, 2013
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by Contumely: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2013
Seun: You can buy FGN bonds with as little as 10,000 naira, so that should work. The interest rate is better than 7% per annum - 12% to 13%.
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by Contumely: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2013
Thanks. A time ago while ruminating on this I saw a thread where you elucidated about these bonds. And I decided to try that. But I have virtually been to all the banks in Enugu with none agreeing that it has FGN bonds. Do you have recommendations?
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by Contumely: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2013
Seun: As a full-time student, he is not looking for a business to distract him from studies, he's looking for a place to keep the money from himself.
Exactly
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by ayili: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ seun am intrested in the above quote please could u shade more light on it? or atleast refer us to some source for more info
Re: How Do I Invest My 50k? by julius99(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
FAST CASH STRATEGIES

Have you ever faced a situation where you needed money really fast either to pay your debts, bills etc...

Well, I've been there before and If you’re ready to stop struggling and start making money, listen up!
I’m about to lift the veil of secrecy on just how you can start making fast cash online today — regardless of your experience or location.

Interested? Go here for more... http://homebuiz(dot)webs(dot)com/fast-cash-strategies

(1) (Reply)

Profitable Business/investment Ideas / Make 10k To 50k Weekly On Surenaira / 120,000 Salary For Life..... Dont Miss This Golden Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.