Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana (1121 Views)

Thanksgiving Service For Jonathan & Wife At Anglican Church Otuoke (more Pics) / Nyesom Wike Pictured With His Wife And Kids In Anglican Church / Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by ayo84(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2013
Source
A 39-year- old priest of the Anglican Church, Rev. Fr Emmanuel Quartey, was on Monday remanded in prison custody when he appeared before a Cape Coast Circuit Court for allegedly raping a 20-year-old woman.

His plea was not taken and will be re-arraigned on December 11.

Chief Inspector Ockom told the court presided over by Mrs. Eva Bannerman Williams that on Sunday October 17 Hannah, a resident of Siwdo in Cape Coast approached Rev. Quartey to help her break a blood covenant she had with her boyfriend.

Rev. Fr Quartey agreed to help her and asked Hannah to meet him on October 18 in a hotel in Elmina.

She complied and met Rev. Fr Quartey in one of the rooms where he forcibly had sex with her and warned her not to tell anyone or she would die.

The prosecution said out of fear the victim kept the incident to herself until November 6 when she broke her silence and informed her elder sister about it.

A complaint was made on November 8 at the Cape Coast Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) and the accused was arrested.

Read Full story Here
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2013
If i talk ma mind now, admins go wan ban me. Anyway, the bible says that; when the world would END, which is the TIME we are now, THINGS like this would be happening.
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Dannylux: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2013
Why always Anglican? The first was a homo sexxual clergyman and now this? sad
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Lumpyy(f): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2013
Weselion: If i talk ma mind now, admins go wan ban me. Anyway, the bible says that; when the world would END, which is the TIME we are now, THINGS like this would be happening.
grin,
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
I thought they're allowed to marry. All these married pastors sleeping around with anything in skirt. If this was a catholic priest now, so many of you would have bn insulting the catholic church and advocating for them to get married but most of your married pastors still jump from bed to bed. SHAME!
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Noneroone(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dannylux: Why always Anglican? The first was a homo sexxual clergyman and now this? sad
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Brimmie(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Boko Haram again!?

Pls Ban Islam!! grin grin

On Terrorism
Certainly, We have brought to them a Book (the Qur'ân) which We have explained in detail with knowledge, - a guidance and a mercy to a people who believe.
- (Qur'an 7:52)

Allahu Akbar!!

On Homo-Se.xual
We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said,
"Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who legged behind. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!
- (Qur'an 7:80)

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!"
- (Qur'an 26:165)
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Noneroone(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Dannylux: Why always Anglican? The first was a homo sexxual clergyman and now this? sad
Hello sir, my advice is that you go and fill the questionaire your anti -christ pope is sharing in your churches which seek your support to recognise gay and contraceptives in the catholic church before casting aspersions on the relatievely scandal-free Anglican commiunion.
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Dannylux: 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Noneroone: Hello sir, my advice is that you go and fill the questionaire your anti -christ pope is sharing in your churches which seek your support to recognise gay and contraceptives in the catholic church before casting aspersions on the relatievely scandal-free Anglican commiunion.

LOL brother. I love your spirit, no worries.. I'm an Anglican. I didn't mean what I posted from the negative view.
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by ayo84(m): 7:21am On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=Noneroone post=19834711][/quote] anglican peeps having serious issues
Re: Anglican Priest Arrested For Rape In Ghana by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 24, 2015
Islam undecided, oh! Christianity.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Sponsored 181 Arrested APC Members To Anambra Poll – Omisore / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative / 10,000 Man March In Every Ward- A Good Strategy For APC!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.