Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Prophet. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet. (937 Views)

Buhari Must Not Near Aso Rock For Now; Fayose Will Go To Jail- Prophet Tibetan / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Prophecies For Nigeria By Prophet Olaye George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Once again. I aim at opening a thread on words. God-filled words. Spirit-words.

I'll post here frequently I hope.

I'll start with an excerpt from (INTRO) PROPHETS; The Message//Remix.

They delivered God's commands and promises and living prescence to communities and nations who had been living on god-fantasies and god-lies.
Everyone more or less believes in God. But most of us do our best to keep God on the margins of our lives or, failing that, refashion God to suit our conscience. Prophets insist that God is the sovereign center, not off in the wings awaiting our beck and call. And prophets insist that we deal with God as God reveals himself, not as we imagine him to be.
These men and women woke people up to the sovereign prescence of God in their lives. They yelled, they wept, they rebuked, they soothed, they challenged, they comforted. They used words with power and imagination, whether blunt or subtle...

For a people who are accustomed to "fitting God" into their lives, or as we like to say, "making room for God," the prophets are hard to take and easy to dismiss. The God of whom the prophets speak is far too large to fit into our lives. if we want anything to do with God, we have to fit into him.
The prophets are not "reasonable," accomodating themselves to what makes sense to us. They are not diplomatic, tactfully negotiating an agreement that allows us a "say" in the outcome. What they do is haul us unceremoniously into a reality far too large to be accounted for by our explanations and expectations. They plunge us into a mystery, immense and staggering. Their words and visions penetrate the illusions with which we cocoon ourselves from reality. We humans have an enormous capacity for denial and for self-deceit. We incapacitate ourselves from dealing with the consequences of sin, for facing judgement, from embracing truth. Then the prophets step in and help us to first recognize and then enter the new life God has for us, the life that hope in God opens up.
They don't explain God. They shake us out of old conventional habits of small-mindedness, of trivializing god-gossip, and set us on our feet in wonder and obedience and worship. If we insist on understanding them before we live into them. We will never get it...

One of the bad habits that we pick up early in our lives is seperating things and people into secular and sacred. We assume that the secular is what we are more or less in charge of: our jobs, our time, our entertainment, our government, our social relations. The sacred is what God has charge of: worship and the Bible, heaven and hell, church and prayers. We then contrive to set aside a sacred place for God, designed, we say. To honour God but really intended to keep God in his place, leaving us free to have the final say about everything else that goes on.
Prophets will have none of this. They contend that everything, absolutely everything, takes place on sacred ground. God has something to say about every aspect of our lives: the way we feel and act in the so-called privacy of our hearts and homes, the way we make our money and spend it, the politics we embrace, the wars we fight, the catastrophies we endure, the people we hurt and the people we help. Nothing is hidden from the scrutiny of God, nothing is excempt from the rule of God, nothing escapes the purposes of God. Holy, holy, holy.
Prophets make it impossible to evade God or make detours around God. Prophets insist on receiving god in every nook and cranny of life. For a prophet, God is more real than the next-door neighbour

In the old times, it was the prophets. In these times, we're the prophets, the witnesses. We have a responsibility to ourselves and to God and mankind. We must speak and live reality, we must accurately interpret Gods will and stand for the real deal.

We have different covers, but our missions are basically the same.

After I received Christ, the words that rang continually in my spirit, and still do till today, are these:

Walk in the reality of Gods word

It is when we walk that we serve. It is when we abide in his word that we bear much fruit, that we're led according to his purpose in speaking and bearing witness.

So let us not be distracted. Let us be Gods witnesses. Signs of his prescence in life. Interpreters of his will for mankind. Preachers of his salvation.

Let us walk in the reality of Gods word.

1 Like

Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Psalm:16-17 Less is more and more is less. One righteous will outclass fifty wicked, For the wicked are moral weaklings but the righteous are GOD-strong.

1 Like

Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
Psalm: 30-31 Righteous chews on wisdom like a dog on a bone, rolls virtue around on his tongue. His heart pumps God's Word like blood through his veins; his feet are as sure as a cat's.

1 Like

Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
God is too big to be fit into our lives.
We must fit into his his life, and plans and purposes.

1 Like

Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
"Their moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self-banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance (the want of knowledge and perception, the willful blindness) that is deep-seated in them, due to their hardness of heart [to the insensitiveness of their moral nature]. In their spiritual apathy they have become callous and past feeling and reckless and have abandoned themselves [a prey] to unbridled sensuality, eager and greedy to indulge in every form of impurity [that their depraved desires may suggest and demand]" (Ephesians 4:18-19, Amplified Bible)

Written hundreds of years ago. Confirmed in current humanity. Does this not strike us? Does it not touch you?

2 Likes

Re: Prophet. by bolaino(m): 4:31am On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: "Their moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self-banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance (the want of knowledge and perception, the willful blindness) that is deep-seated in them, due to their hardness of heart [to the insensitiveness of their moral nature]. In their spiritual apathy they have become callous and past feeling and reckless and have abandoned themselves [a prey] to unbridled sensuality, eager and greedy to indulge in every form of impurity [that their depraved desires may suggest and demand]" (Ephesians 4:18-19, Amplified Bible)

Written hundreds of years ago. Confirmed in current humanity. Does this not strike us? Does it not touch you?

my good sire, may the good lord continually bless you in jesus name, this topic is an excellent one, and I am very happy you opened a thread such as this. My brother, God is everything, you can not seperate anything from God, God is in the food we eat. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the music we listen to. God is just too big, you can not even begin to comprehend the magnitude of God. If you want to try to explain God's magnitude, you might Go mad, and my frustration with most christians is that they do not know who God is, they think that God is one small spirit who is wearing white and sitting on one throne.

Smh, if they know who God is, every single minute of their lives, they will be kneeling down and praying to God. I live my life for God. Like I've told my family and friends, as for me, anywhere God leads me I will go, if God says I should go and stay with the aborigines in australia and preach the gospel to them. I would run there this very moment, I dey fear God bros. Who no go no know, like my warri brothers would say. God is just too much. Words can not really explain the concept of God.

Thanks for the thread, it's a wonderful thread, may the good lord continue to put his words in your heart. I have been seeing your posts. And I really appreciate you my brother, I pray that God gives me the patience that he has given you. Cos I get angry when I try to tell people the messages that God has revealed to me about them, and they tend to take it non chalantly, I just pray that God doesn't take most of us non chalantly the way we take him, cos if he takes us non chalantly, na die be that ooo,

many people do not know the spiritual battles that God is fighting for them every second, and they will be in their homes, and be insulting our creator, by not obeying his words. It is well. May the lord help us all in jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2013
bolaino: my good sire, may the good lord continually bless you in jesus name, this topic is an excellent one, and I am very happy you opened a thread such as this. My brother, God is everything, you can not seperate anything from God, God is in the food we eat. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the music we listen to. God is just too big, you can not even begin to comprehend the magnitude of God. If you want to try to explain God's magnitude, you might Go mad, and my frustration with most christians is that they do not know who God is, they think that God is one small spirit who is wearing white and sitting on one throne.

Smh, if they know who God is, every single minute of their lives, they will be kneeling down and praying to God. I live my life for God. Like I've told my family and friends, as for me, anywhere God leads me I will go, if God says I should go and stay with the aborigines in australia and preach the gospel to them. I would run there this very moment, I dey fear God bros. Who no go no know, like my warri brothers would say. God is just too much. Words can not really explain the concept of God.

Thanks for the thread, it's a wonderful thread, may the good lord continue to put his words in your heart. I have been seeing your posts. And I really appreciate you my brother, I pray that God gives me the patience that he has given you. Cos I get angry when I try to tell people the messages that God has revealed to me about them, and they tend to take it non chalantly, I just pray that God doesn't take most of us non chalantly the way we take him, cos if he takes us non chalantly, na die be that ooo,

many people do not know the spiritual battles that God is fighting for them every second, and they will be in their homes, and be insulting our creator, by not obeying his words. It is well. May the lord help us all in jesus name.
amen my brother. Thank God for you. God works in us. We are not perfect in ourselves, but in him. God is bringing us up. He is truly God. Let us have his real image of splendour and love. Let us shine as light and walk down the middle in this godless and perverse generation. Thank you for encouraging me.

May we be the witnesses Jesus commanded. Witnessing to the world the reality of God, fitting into his plans and purposes and not our own, may we grow in him and work out his salvation.
May we walk in the reality of Gods word

1 Like

Re: Prophet. by bolaino(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: amen my brother. Thank God for you. God works in us. We are not perfect in ourselves, but in him. God is bringing us up. He is truly God. Let us have his real image of splendour and love. Let us shine as light and walk down the middle in this godless and perverse generation. Thank you for encouraging me.

May we be the witnesses Jesus commanded. Witnessing to the world the reality of God, fitting into his plans and purposes and not our own, may we grow in him and work out his salvation.
May we walk in the reality of Gods word
amen and amen.
Re: Prophet. by Princewell2012(m): 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
bolaino: my good sire, may the good lord continually bless you in jesus name, this topic is an excellent one, and I am very happy you opened a thread such as this. My brother, God is everything, you can not seperate anything from God, God is in the food we eat. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the music we listen to. God is just too big, you can not even begin to comprehend the magnitude of God. If you want to try to explain God's magnitude, you might Go mad, and my frustration with most christians is that they do not know who God is, they think that God is one small spirit who is wearing white and sitting on one throne.

thanks bro, i was unabe to comprehend his massage, but now Iam able to achieve a little thing now.
Re: Prophet. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
I miss this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? / Nigeria's Cure Is The Church / "MouthAction Between married couples: A Sin??"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.