Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Atheists And Christians Come In... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Christians Come In... (2122 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Christians, come in for a dialogue / I Think I Need A Religion. Christians Come & Sell Your Religion To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Beretta92: As if he hasn't read it before.He's probably even read it more than you've ever done.
ehenn??
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Zikdik:
Gone through the thread already dear. Just waiting for you to answer my previous post. Btw...send me a p.m, we gotta talk privately (no unholy intentions, hehehe)
no 1 can prove d existence of God to 1 who has chosen not to believe, evidence of the existence of God comes 4rum within.If u hv faith in God, u don't nid any kind of evidence 2 serve him.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
Beehorn: am ready 2 point out to you,evidence that supports the Judeo-christian God(Yahweh) if only u're ready 2 become a soldier 4 Christ. GBAM!!

I am ready to take up my shield of faith once I see the evidence for God
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I am ready to take up my shield of faith once I see the evidence for God
if u're ready PM ME.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Zikdik(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Beehorn, i've got a question for you.
The normal human diploid chromosomal number is 46. The male and female gametes contain a haploid chromosomal number of 23 each. Copulation adds up the two 23's from each mating partner to form a zygote with diploid chromosomal number 46 during fertilization.
If Jesus was not born through human copulation, where did the other half of his chromosomes come from?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by claremont(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Beehorn:
Atheists on this forum why must you hate God when you don't believe in him?
The worst atrocities ever committed by men have mostly been done in the name of religion, I can cite many examples on here but I wouldn't do so because I believe this issue has already been over-flogged on this forum. I don't believe human beings need to be motivated by religion in order to do what is right, the power to choose good or bad is innate in all human beings; but it takes religion to make a supposedly good man commit a heinous act.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Steiner89(m): 12:06am On Dec 24, 2013
ANSWERS
Every man born into this world was born with a mind as clear and blank as a plain sheet of paper with no belief. In other words, every man was born an atheist. Growing up, our immediate environment has instilled in us what we now know or believe about God

The wonders of the universe and our complex reality created the idea of a supernatural being in man. Religions attempt to identify and describe the being the best possible way they can.

If God exist then we don’t need belief, belief is necessary because of lack of evidence. Faith is needed so people can believe; if God shows up today, religion and atheism will end.

We humans are born empirical beings. That is; we apply logic in every aspect of our existence. Our faith is the only branch of that existence that is at cross-road with this empirical behaviour

If not for the men (born to this world like every other) who centuries ago cascaded to your own end of the world the very faith you now practice religiously, what would have your belief system looked like?

If you are still reading this, there is a 93% chance that your belief in a faith system isn’t because you converted into it, conceived it or witness a paranormal event but simply because you were born into a family, community or society that practices that faith of your belief! hence, their hearsays has been consistently wired into your mental faculty from birth...If you were born elsewhere under different circumstances, far greater chances are that your believe system would be a different ball game.

With or without faith in God, good people can still behave well and bad people can as well do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion.

The 2 major religions in Nigeria: Islam (50%) which came in through the ancient northern caliphate cities in the 17th century via Arabian/Saharan trade believes Christianity is wrong. Christianity (45%) which came in through the southern sea shores of Calabar and Lagos via the Portuguese missionaries and British colonial masters believes Islam is wrong. I strongly believe they are both right.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Zikdik: Beehorn, i've got a question for you.
The normal human diploid chromosomal number is 46. The male and female gametes contain a haploid chromosomal number of 23 each. Copulation adds up the two 23's from each mating partner to form a zygote with diploid chromosomal number 46 during fertilization.
If Jesus was not born through human copulation, where did the other half of his chromosomes come from?
am coming back to answer your question.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Zikdik(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2013
Beehorn: am coming back to answer your question.
Ope o!
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2013
claremont:
The worst atrocities ever committed by men have mostly been done in the name of religion, I can cite many examples on here but I wouldn't do so because I believe this issue has already been over-flogged on this forum. I don't believe human beings need to be motivated by religion in order to do what is right, the power to choose good or bad is innate in all human beings; but it takes religion to make a supposedly good man commit a heinous act.
hmmm
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=Steiner89]ANSWERS
Every man born into this world was born with a mind as clear and blank as a plain sheet of paper with no belief. In other words, every man was born an atheist. Growing up, our immediate environment has instilled in us what we now know or believe about God

The wonders of the universe and our complex reality created the idea of a supernatural being in man. Religions attempt to identify and describe the being the best possible way they can.

If God exist then we don’t need belief, belief is necessary because of lack of evidence. Faith is needed so people can believe; if God shows up today, religion and atheism will end.

We humans are born empirical beings. That is; we apply logic in every aspect of our existence. Our faith is the only branch of that existence that is at cross-road with this empirical behaviour

If not for the men (born to this world like every other) who centuries ago cascaded to your own end of the world the very faith you now practice religiously, what would have your belief system looked like?

If you are still reading this, there is a 93% chance that your belief in a faith system isn’t because you converted into it, conceived it or witness a paranormal event but simply because you were born into a family, community or society that practices that faith of your belief! hence, their hearsays has been consistently wired into your mental faculty from birth...If you were born elsewhere under different circumstances, far greater chances are that your believe system would be a different ball game.

With or without faith in God, good people can still behave well and bad people can as well do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion.

The 2 major religions in Nigeria: Islam (50%) which came in through the ancient northern caliphate cities in the 17th century via Arabian/Saharan trade believes Christianity is wrong. Christianity (45%) which came in through the southern sea shores of Calabar and Lagos vi
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2013
claremont:
hmmm
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Zikdik: Beehorn, i've got a question for you.
who told you Jesus wasn't given birth to through human copulation?
Joseph(Jesus' earthly father) was the one who donated the remaining 23 chromosomes in question here, through human copulation.
Jesus became a human being just like us in order 2 redeem humanity.His day- to-day activities remind us that he is also a human being like us.But,when we behold the mighty miracles and his ability to forgive sins,we have to acknowledge that he stepped into the areas normally left for God alone.Sorry 4 d long epistle.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=Beehorn][/quote]u're right sha...
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Zikdik(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Beehorn: who told you Jesus wasn't given birth to through human copulation?
Joseph(Jesus' earthly father) was the one who donated the remaining 23 chromosomes in question here, through human copulation.
Jesus became a human being just like us in order 2 redeem humanity.His day- to-day activities remind us that he is also a human being like us.But,when we behold the mighty miracles and his ability to forgive sins,we have to acknowledge that he stepped into the areas normally left for God alone.Sorry 4 d long epistle.
Nah. Mary is supposed to be a virgin. If Joseph popped her cherry, that explains the chromosomes but proves that the character, "Jesus", was born through "sin", with "sin", and is very much human.
If it was the holy spirit that popped it, that begs the question once again, where did the other half of his chromosomes come from?
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by vickyO(f): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
I never said he was, I only said he realised this truth towards the end of his life
peterphd:

What are you on about? Voltaire was NOT a Christian.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by peterphd(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
What truth? That Jesus came to save him?
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by vickyO(f): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
peterphd: What truth? That Jesus came to save him?

Google is always available.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
Zikdik: I cnt answer ur question Zikdik. The answer doesn't change any fact that u wl accept Christ Jesus.
Nah. Mary is supposed to be a virgin. If Joseph popped her cherry, that explains the chromosomes but proves that the character, "Jesus", was born through "sin", with "sin", and is very much human.
If it was the holy spirit that popped it, that begs the question once again, where did the other half of his chromosomes come from?
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Zikdik(m): 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=Beehorn][/quote]
Ah sweerie! I can't believe you couldn't answer that one. It is one of the numerous questions I have. That's why I left christainity. There are too many inconsistencies.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by vickyO(f): 12:01am On Jan 02, 2014
Zikdik:
Ah sweerie! I can't believe you couldn't answer that one. It is one of the numerous questions I have. That's why I left christainity. There are too many inconsistencies.

His blood is pure...

He got all his chromosomes from his father, God.
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Beehorn: who told you Jesus wasn't given birth to through human copulation?

LMAO!!! grin grin

You just goofed ma'am.

Do you have any understanding of science or how fertilisation of gametes function?

Honestly, do you?
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2014
@BeeHorn, are you still around here?

If your doctrinal fail-safe is not effective, I would advise you quit this thread, else the conversion you intended might just be the other way round.

smiley cheesy grin
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2014
oluafolabi: @BeeHorn, are you still around here?

If your doctrinal fail-safe is not effective, I would advise you quit this thread, else the conversion you intended might just be the other way round.
Am still around here...i cnt quit my own thread, i knw am quite busy.
smiley cheesy grin
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Beehorn(f): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2014
oluafolabi:

LMAO!!! grin grin

You just goofed ma'am.

Do you have any understanding of science or how fertilisation of gametes function?

Honestly, do you?
yes, i do

ABEGGGii!!!
Re: Atheists And Christians Come In... by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
I cannot believe that this utterly simplistic thread extended to 2 pages, especially with the vapid text-speak of the OP.
It's a woman's world for sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Short, Islam Has Not Contributed Anything Positive To Nigeria (4 Non-muslims) / The Definition Of Self-existent / The Real Truth!,origin Of Islam And Christainity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.