Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45699 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2013
This thread is for intending couples, especially brides who have picked (or about to pick) their wedding dates and planning their weddings themselves. wink.

Here, we are going to be discussing the different facets of wedding planning. From the colors of the day to entertainment, food, drinks, EMCEE, DJ, location of wedding, wedding dresses, reception hall etc.

The main aim is for would be brides to get pointers as to how to plan their weddings effectively; Where to get some wedding stuff at affordable rate, recommendations of DJ, EMCEE, caterers and the likes, what colors to use and how to combine these colors etc.

Married peeps in the house, especially the recently married ones can help give some tips so we learn from their experience.

Who says you can't plan your wedding yourself?

Come in, let's plan together! This is gonna to be fun I promise. smiley

*I know this should be on the Event section, but that section is dead is not so active. So Mods, please leave this here. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2013
When is the day so I can start preparing my stomach ahead of time...... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Now, lemme kick start this. . .

My wedding is in exactly 3 months from now (on my birthday) and the planning has been both exciting and Exhausting! I'm the only girl in my family, so no much helping hands. My brothers couldn't be bothered with the nitty grities. All they want to know is how much drink will be served and what kind of music will be playing. cheesy

Anyways, we've decided not to go over the top financially as there is life after wedding, though my family thinks otherwise. "Whose wedding is it anyways"? wink

Now to the planning proper. . .

We've booked the reception hall, picked out colors and styles, went window shopping for some wedding stuff. I'm still very undecided as to whether to buy my dress physically or to order online. The few dresses I like are online, but most people advised against it. undecided

Madam Chaircover, help a sister out ooo. I know you have a wedding store. Please help with the address and the things you sell. smiley

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
bellong: When is the day so I can start preparing my stomach ahead of time...... cheesy grin

Abeg, don't come and finish my food with your big stomach. grin

Oya, give your own tips jor.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Phema:

Abeg, don't come and finish my food with your big stomach. grin

Oya, give your own tips jor.

Finish ke, 15 plates of rice and 50 wraps of pounded yam are enough for me..... grin

Congrats in advance. I also did the wedding celebration on my birthday..... cheesy cheesy

As for the planning, my simple advice is that for the day, have people that will manage every aspect of the program. For example, somebody in charge of food, another drinks, another to coordinate activities, etc.. With this, you know who to hold responsible for failure in any areas...

Have a budget and stick to it....
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 28, 2013
bellong:

Finish ke, 15 plates of rice and 50 wraps of pounded yam are enough for me..... grin

Congrats in advance. I also did the wedding celebration on my birthday..... cheesy cheesy

As for the planning, my simple advice is that for the day, have people that will manage every aspect of the program. For example, somebody in charge of food, another drinks, another to coordinate activities, etc.. With this, you know who to hold responsible for failure in any areas...

Have a budget and stick to it....

shocked That one don reach me serve half of my guests na. cheesy

Thanks for the tips. Appreciated. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema,
Could you please include prices/costs or estimated prices/costs. This will go a long way in helping some people to plan their budget.
NB
Am still single, but seriously considering the Gift I am with now. 2014 shall not pass me by, In Jesus Name. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Phema, why are people advising against ordering your clothes online?

@eagle.eye, I like that 'gift' concept..abeg, do d tin sharpaly and stop wasting time jor wink tongue
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmm, I like where this is going oo...

Sorry, no tips (yet)

Congratulations to Phema & all the soon-to-be brides oo!

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:
Phema,
Could you please include prices/costs or estimated prices/costs. This will go a long way in helping some people to plan their budget.
NB
Am still single, but seriously considering the Gift I am with now. 2014 shall not pass me by, In Jesus Name. Amen

Well, there are different prices for different items ooooo. The main thing is to cut one's coat according to one's material.

Went window shopping last week and saw traditional wear materials for as high as 50k for 5yards and also one for 10k for 5yards. So you see, it's all about your budget. But bear in mind that the higher the price does not always equal a better quality or fit.

We have decided to settle for something very decent but affordable. Don't want to go breaking the bank for the wedding jare.

As for your "gift", it shall come to pass. Just be yourself, no pretense, no desperation and you will see things falling in place. kiss
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
alutacontinua: @Phema, why are people advising against ordering your clothes online?

@eagle.eye, I like that 'gift' concept..abeg, do d tin sharpaly and stop wasting time jor wink tongue

Most people that ordered said the dress wasn't as beautiful as it was online. Some of them had to go on a spontaneous shopping to get another one. grin

I will try some dresses again next month, if i still can't find anyone I like, I will order online.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema:

Well, there are different prices for different items ooooo. The main thing is to cut one's coat according to one's material.

Went window shopping last week and saw traditional wear materials for as high as 50k for 5yards and also one for 10k for 5yards. So you see, it's all about your budget. But bear in mind that the higher the price does not always equal a better quality or fit.

We have decided to settle for something very decent but affordable. Don't want to go breaking the bank for the wedding jare.

As for your "gift", it shall come to pass. Just be yourself, no pretense, no desperation and you will see things falling in place. kiss
Yeah, I understand there different prices for different things and location also matters.
I am based in the east, but I just need to start projecting the cost. Like someone said in another thread, "wedding is the beginning of the journey". And you concurred by saying "there is life after, the wedding".
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
theLORDreigns: Hmm, I like where this is going oo...

Sorry, no tips (yet)

Congratulations to Phema & all the soon-to-be brides oo!

Thanks babes kiss
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Yeah, I understand there different prices for different things and location also matters.
I am based in the east, but I just need to start projecting the cost. Like someone said in another thread, "wedding is the beginning of the journey". And you concurred by saying "there is life after, the wedding".

Yea yea. Cost of things also depend on your location. My wedding will be taking place in Benin, so things like hall, decor, DJ and EMCEE will be cheaper than say, Lagos.

I got a very nice hall with chairs, tables and generator for about 50k. Same hall will go for at least 300k in Lag. Only downside is that it is owned by a Church and they have insisted there won't be alcohol brought into the hall, neither will there be non gospel music (na this one I no gree). How the hell will we dance to "Lift Him up, higher"? cheesy

The caterer I found has insisted on charging per plate or we buy the things she will need to cook and then pay her off. Don't really know which is better.

Where are all the intending brides na? undecided
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema:

Yea yea. Cost of things also depend on your location. My wedding will be taking place in Benin, so things like hall, decor, DJ and EMCEE will be cheaper than say, Lagos.

I got a very nice hall with chairs, tables and generator for about 50k. Same hall will go for at least 300k in Lag. Only downside is that it is owned by a Church and they have insisted there won't be alcohol brought into the hall, neither will there be non gospel music (na this one I no gree). How the hell will we dance to "Lift Him up, higher"? cheesy

The caterer I found has insisted on charging per plate or we buy the things she will need to cook and then pay her off. Don't really know which is better.

Where are all the intending brides na? undecided
I think it will be more expensive paying per plate. Buy what she will need for the cooking, and pay her for the services rendered.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

I think it will be more expensive paying per plate. Buy what she will need for the cooking, and pay her for the services rendered.

I second this..... Meanwhile, you guys have to make good agreement with the caterer to the satisfaction of the guests
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Thanks. That means we will have to provide plates, pots, spoons, ushers etc. Was thinking it will be less stressful to contract the whole food ish out.

Let's see then. . .
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema:

Thanks. That means we will have to provide plates, pots, spoons, ushers etc. Was thinking it will be less stressful to contract the whole food ish out.

Let's see then. . .

In that case, ask for her per plate price and compare the cost with private plans....

Sometimes, the per plate do fail because you may end up having more guests than planned for. The caterer will not give a damn about who don't get served once the budget is exhausted....
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks Bellong. Its #850 per plate of rice which consists of rice, salad, meat and fish. Will have to negotiate and possibly take out one or two toppings. grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema: Thanks Bellong. Its #850 per plate of rice which consists of rice, salad, meat and fish. Will have to negotiate and possibly take out one or two toppings. grin
Phema,
How do you know exactly the number of guests that were served?
She could serve 140 guests and 'aproximate' the number to 200 guests.
So I think, if you don't mind the stress, you rent plates and cutleries and buy your own food stuffs, then she gives you a lump sum for her services.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
All the best Phema! Congrats smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover: So we are not allowed to comment abi angry angry

congratulations to all those getting married and I will def be right behind bellong eating pounded yam and j/rice grin

Aaaawwwww, Chaircover, please comment away. kiss. There's so much to learn from you. Abeg, start by providing your wedding shop address and the items you sell, especially the ones on sale. cheesy
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Flytefalls and eagle.eye thanks a lot!
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
Phema
There are LOTS of gospel artists songs that you can rock too - U need to check online radio praiseworldradio for a full day and you'll find great songs they also have downloadable songs so ur DJ can stock up There's FLo rocks, OKeysokay,Provabs,PITA NOSA Obiwon etc.

About wedding dresses, the issue with ordering online is delivery time and the fact that U may still need to make adjustments. on the other hand if you buy directly from the shop you can see what ur buying.
What looks good online for the model doesn't mean it will look good on you

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 29, 2013
chaircover: kiss kiss kiss

To be honest it all depends on how much stress that you want to go through. I quite like the per plate idea, so long as the caterer is experienced, honest and reliable.
If you are very organized and have plenty of time and you are on ground, you dont really need a wedding planner. . . add the money you save from that to your honeymoon fund wink grin

Yea. I think I prefer the per plate arrangement. A family member will be delegated to make sure the caterer serves the agreed number of plates.

Madam Chaircover has stylishly refused to gimme her shop address because I don't have plenty money
cry embarassed grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 29, 2013
salsera: Phema
There are LOTS of gospel artists songs that you can rock too - U need to check online radio praiseworldradio for a full day and you'll find great songs they also have downloadable songs so ur DJ can stock up There's FLo rocks, OKeysokay,Provabs,PITA NOSA Obiwon etc.

About wedding dresses, the issue with ordering online is delivery time and the fact that U may still need to make adjustments. on the other hand if you buy directly from the shop you can see what ur buying.
What looks good online for the model doesn't mean it will look good on you

Thanks hun. Didn't know about that. Hope I find songs I like. kiss

As for wedding dresses, i will only buy online if i can't find what I want.

Thanks again.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nnekacherry: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2013
Congrats dear..
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2013
Congrats phema!

I will like to add that the best realistic advice u will get is from married folks cos they ve been there. Seen good planning gone wrong and viceversa.

I will give my two cents anyway.
Its better u shop for ur gowns and accessories in bridal shops than online. There r u seeing and tasting d package b4 buying. Its cheaper too.
Don't pay per plate. U will be shocked the kind of half a plate they will put and still charge u per plate. Instead bargain to buy things and they will cook BUT make sure u provide a supervisor else more than half of ur foodstuffs will disappear into thin air.

Assuming its ur family house and u hv enuf space, I will suggest u do it at ur house. It saves cost too.
One thing we fail to understand (especially ladies)is that after the wedding, life starts. Most marriages start their first quarrel immediately after d wedding bc of some outrageous xpenses that will soon be regretd.
Pls be wise in ur planning.

All d best
(My gele is intact, benin here I come!)

5 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 9:35am On Nov 29, 2013
Before I forget, I need the address in Benin..... This food must not pass me by............. cool
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Sunnyyemmy(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2013
Phema: This thread is for intending couples, especially brides who have picked (or about to pick) their wedding dates and planning their weddings themselves. wink.

Here, we are going to be discussing the different facets of wedding planning. From the colors of the day to entertainment, food, drinks, EMCEE, DJ, location of wedding, wedding dresses, reception hall etc.

The main aim is for would be brides to get pointers as to how to plan their weddings effectively; Where to get some wedding stuff at affordable rate, recommendations of DJ, EMCEE, caterers and the likes, what colors to use and how to combine these colors etc.

Married peeps in the house, especially the recently married ones can help give some tips so we learn from their experience.

Who says you can't plan your wedding yourself?

Come in, let's plan together! This is gonna to be fun I promise. smiley

*I know this should be on the Event section, but that section is dead is not so active. So Mods, please leave this here. Thank you.
Hello dear Phema, am the CEO of GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD.
I want to help you out with your little BUDGET you have for your upcoming Wedding, i will hellp you plan the Wedding with your BUDGET and i will do it for you for free.

FREE PLANNING FEE........

No need for you people to be worried about you wedding or PLANNING of your wedding. Just contact GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD. for the planning of your wedding? At GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD. we plan all kind of Event mostly Wdding. For your wedding Invitation Card, Wedding Program, Wedding Dress (Suit, Bridal Gown, Aso Oke, e.t.c), Beads, Shoes, Hand Fan, Make Up, Hair do, Nails, Souvenir, Hall or Field Rental, Decoration, DJ or Live Band, MC, Photography/Videography, Food/Small Chops, Drinks/Cocktail, Cake, Eru Iyawo. Just call GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD. on +2348065522094 or +2348024331257. Facebook page @ GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD. Website: greateventniglimited.gnbo.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Is My Elder Brother Possessed Or An Occultic Man? / My Breakfast This Morning (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.