Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Do We Have A Tipping Culture In Nigeria? (In restaurants) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do We Have A Tipping Culture In Nigeria? (In restaurants) (721 Views)

Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA / Define Nigerian Culture In A Sentence / What's Are The Weirdest Culture In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have A Tipping Culture In Nigeria? (In restaurants) by solowork: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2013
I know the US and Canada have a strong tipping culture, where you are expected to give a tip of approximately 15% of your total bill after tax. You may even tip up to 20% in cases where you had exceptional service. In UK, no one expects you to tip because the waiters are well paid. In Malaysia, patrons hardly tip but the waiters wish they would. I never had to eat out in Nigeria so I don't know what it's like back home. I want to know from working-class Nigerians, who spend most of their day at work and therefore have to eat at restaurants, if there's a tipping culture?
Re: Do We Have A Tipping Culture In Nigeria? (In restaurants) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Not really... except in top restaurants.
Re: Do We Have A Tipping Culture In Nigeria? (In restaurants) by Godmother(f): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2013
No such thing in naija. Infact, if you don't give people their complete balance after they pay their bills you are done for

(1) (Reply)

Police Dog Honoured At France For Sniffing-out Cocaine Worth Milions Euro / Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares Childhood Photo / So Here’s The Real Reason New Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.