Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue (2238 Views)

Nnpc Shortlisted Candidate 2011: Any clue? / Uba Plc Test Tomorro,any Clue? / Interview With Bakerhughes,any Clue Of How The Interview Look Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by folarina(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2008
Hey buddy,

Could someone in the house please take some time out to explain to me how the tax system works in Nigeria.

On the average how much of once Salary is taxed ? What percentage is deducted ?

All educative info on this is welcomed.

Cheers. wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by dappy777(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2008
I guess u are referring to PAYE tax (i.e tax you pay on salary). The effective tax rate is about 20% of your gross salary.

However, PAYE tax is actually calculated by using a tax table

N30,000 @ 5%
N30,000 @ 10%
N50,000 @ 15%
N50,000 @ 20%
above N160,000 @ 25%
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by ama27(f): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2008
u too like money pay tax! tongue
just joking folarina , hmmmmmmmmmmmm nooo clue grin
i still dey find job
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by folarina(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2008
Thanks buddy

You are right ,i was reffering to the tax on wages .

Whao that's a lot o oooo ,20% to Government & politicians to chop !!!!!!

But i will assume that allowances are not taxed ,am i right ?

@Ama27
my sister ,God will surely provide a suitable job for you .Hang in there .

Any more contribution is welcomed ,any body from fashola's tax office in the house wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by folarina(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2008
@pussy FOOL

What kind of person refers to himself as pussy_FOOL ,if it is the same pussy cat or the other one,

One thing is certain you are really a FOOL ! My thread was for enlightenment not a platform for attack so if you have nothing to contribute p*ss off before i shoot you .

if this might help you , tax of 40 % in UK fetches you below (you need to have correct immigration status though which am not sure if you have )
-National Health System (NHS)works
- You can claim Job seekers allowance ,if unemployed
-You get tax return at the end of the tax year
-Families get working tax credit to help cushion the expense of having a child.
Amongst other things though her HRH spends a chunk of it . angry angry angry
Am not happy paying Mama Charlie that is why am going home !

Tax in Nija ,what do you get
-A collapsed Health system visit LUTH & Igbobi Hospital you will know
-Non functional Educational system
-Road full of Potholes ,No drainage system .If you are in Lagos over the Lagos few days you will feel my pain any small rain fall there is traffic everywhere.

With due respect to HE babas Fashola, a throw my cap for you any day .The good work you are doing in lag cannot be over emphasise ie BRT ,Lekki expansion ,lagos beautification etc. May your days be long ! grin grin grin

At a time like these where Oil rich countries are flourishing ,our noble countrymen should not be allowed to suffer.Crude oil is now being sound the 11th year highest price what is our country doing with money .Excess crude oil account money a lot can be doone with it .Money can be generated in some other ways apart from people paying high taxes,

Pussy_Fool ( i really hate calling you that name am sure your mum is not proud of it as well it is derogatory to women's personality) embarassed embarassed
I hope this enlightens you more my comment was in no way to discredit the government or our Politicians but let call a spade a spade.

Have fun .
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by ama27(f): 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
pussy full why are u so stupid! it is because the future of Nigeria is in the hands of people like u that Nigeria's future is hanging in the balance
no wonder your name, im sure it means u don't even get some. i know most people who have to identify themselves with a name like that definately don't know jack about sexuality.
ure not pussy full more like pussy fool tongue
no wonder u dey find job with your personality itll come through in an interview. dafty!
Re: Nigeria's Tax System, How Does It Work ?any Clue by folarina(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ama27

Fire on ! You can see we have a long way to go in our country.
Imagine the future of Nigeria in the hands of the likes of that fool !
No sense of direction , just loafing around in European countries from Spain to Beligium and finally to Italy before they are deported back home .
I have been through his profile and previous thread .He is really a fool grin grin

All hope is not lost ,we have the likes of our noble Seun Nairaland who will surely lift the glory of Nigeria beyond imagination.Thank God for this forum. smiley smiley smiley

Moving on , Any contribution on how taxes are worked out in Lag ?

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Nigeria Vacancies: Service Delivery Manager (sdm) – Nigeria / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / A True Life Story That Could Help You Get A Job In Nigeria: A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.