Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? (961 Views)

Pls How Can I Buy Website Traffic? All These Seo Craps Are Not Working!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yungcheda(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Please bosses, I have no idea why my ranking on google search engine dropped and so my traffic has dropped seriously. What could be the cause as I have tried everything I know but nothing. please guys...c'mon
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by bizfirst: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2013
Google usually changes it algorithm every once in a while.

Why the algorithm is changed, the core does not change. Things like article length, interactions and links to a site remain classical.

As a start, make your posts at least 300 words. Then engage in ethical link building...you'll sure see some positive results after a month or so.

All the best.
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yawatide(f): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2013
When you say you have tried everything, what exactly does that mean?

As the poster above me has said, the algorithm changes without notice. There are also other reasons (you don't update regularly, you are not featuring original content, etc etc)
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2013
yungcheda: Please bosses, I have no idea why my ranking on google search engine dropped and so my traffic has dropped seriously. What could be the cause as I have tried everything I know but nothing. please guys...c'mon

You need to read the post KILL GOOGLE AND STOP SEO TO INCREASE YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC AT WorkWithEyramdotcom
to see how you can turn the tide

Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yungcheda(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2013
I post regularly and unique stuff too. When I went online to check for my keywords, they had dropped from 1st page to 3rd page. This just happened suddenly. I resubmitted my sitemap and unlinked any links created by me linking to my homepage. What other steps can I carry out? Abeg!
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by everyday: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
What is the url of your website? And also what are your search keywords
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yungcheda(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
My url is www.wesaytech.com. How cn i recova pls oo
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by cheavroi(m): 6:01am On Dec 03, 2013
Hello, It is so surprising you are asking why the sudden drop in traffic on your website. I am even surprised that you are still ranking somewhere on page 3 like you said.

Google is trying very hard to weed out website that tends not to give value to users. When I click on one of your post especially this http://www.wesaytech.com/2013/11/get-extremely-cheap-products-on-konga.html, I can see a lot of internal links that are majorly irrelevant. For example, the link where you tried to answer the question "What is the meaning of yakata" takes me to this page asking me to sign on to facebook. If that is the way you have been writing your blog post, its time you step up your game and make your post relevant or you forget Google and promote your blog using other methods but as far as Google is concerned, you doing it all wrong.
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by bizfirst: 6:18am On Dec 03, 2013
cheavroi: Hello, It is so surprising you are asking why the sudden drop in traffic on your website. I am even surprised that you are still ranking somewhere on page 3 like you said.

Google is trying very hard to weed out website that tends not to give value to users. When I click on one of your post especially this http://www.wesaytech.com/2013/11/get-extremely-cheap-products-on-konga.html, I can see a lot of internal links that are majorly irrelevant. For example, the link where you tried to answer the question "What is the meaning of yakata" takes me to this page asking me to sign on to facebook. If that is the way you have been writing your blog post, its time you step up your game and make your post relevant or you forget Google and promote your blog using other methods but as far as Google is concerned, you doing it all wrong.

@OP, take what this guy has said very seriously (in addition to my advice and the poster immediately after me) or kiss organic traffic from Google goodbye!

Wish you the best!
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by Engineer1985(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP, same thing happened to me a month ago. My organic traffic dropped from 1400 daily to 5 to 10 daily. Thank God I had a google webmasters account, Immediately I went and checked my DNS, Server connectivity and robot.txt and noticed errors with the first two. I also noticed that google bots cannot crawl my blog due to these errors. I removed my all in one seo plugin, deleted my robot.txt and other plugins and used fetch as google to fetch my homepage and it was successful. After that, I started posting regularly and my traffic went up again. So i will suggest you do the same and your traffic will be up again
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yungcheda(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks guys...the yakata post was by konga themselves. I didnt compose it, konga did
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by cheavroi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ok, but that is a lesson. Never allow a post on your website or blog without vetting it. That article alone can make Google think you are involved in Paid Links and since Google hates paid links without no-follow tag. Rememeber Google is a machine at its core. It will always follow a set rule ,it will never ask if your intent is good or bad

Hope you recover
Re: Why A Sudden Drop In Traffic All Of A Sudden? by yomalex(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Link My Free Blog To A Godaddy Domain Name? / Finally Change The Css of my site / New Cbt/e-exam System For School And Colleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.