Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall (4841 Views)

7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / The Richest Countries In Africa - Is Nigeria Among? Lets See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by 24in7: 2:15am On Nov 30, 2013
illitrate: Na true undecidedooo, congo na them get the biggest prick for this world. u need see congo man prick like beer boottle angry angry angry angry
I hope say no b toes u use they type dis ur post

1 Like

Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by HisRib(f): 2:27am On Nov 30, 2013
24in7:
I hope say no b toes u use they type dis ur post

ROTFL!
Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by Howmanage: 2:50am On Nov 30, 2013
duni04:
Has it ever occured to u that congo's problems may b cos its too big to administer? A country more than twice the size of Nigeria and with more ethnicities, tribes and languages than most other parts of Africa and with vast reserves of natural resources was always bound to experience the problems Congo has experienced, and continues to experience. That country is just too big and too rich to be governed centrally. The situation in d Congo is so bad that neighboring countries have assumed control over the countries resources in areas where the central government in Kinshasa has no control.
. Give this guy/girl a medal! Same problem plaguing "Lie"geria
Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by Howmanage: 2:54am On Nov 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Patrice Lumumba was the great Congolese leader who was accountable, progressive, and popularly elected after their independence. He was about to turn Congo into the economic powerhouse of Africa, but was overthrown and assassinated in a CIA led coup in the 1960s, and they promptly imposed an illiterate sergeant, Mobutu Sese Seko on the nation. The rest is history.

How is that about ''Africans having no one but themselves to blame''? People like you need to simply think before playing loud lapdog to western manipulators. It does appear that a generation of progressive post independence nationalist leaders were suppressed by western powers either through assassination or threats etc, which gave rise to a new generation of pro-western stooges.
a medal for this guy/girl too!

1 Like

Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by MidasT(m): 3:05am On Nov 30, 2013
HisRib:

Just the other day, I learned a few things about Mugabe that made me have so much respect for him and his country. He might be crazy, but that man loves his people & his country. Who knew Zimbabwe was the most educated country in Africa, with a 90% literacy?

The hallmark of a leader with foresight! While would-be-leader of the nomeclature of the Doomsday General (Buhari) are busy fustrating the effort of the FG to get the Almajiris of the streets; so that they would have enuff foot soldier to prosecute their senseless wars on hardworking christains living in the north. When it comes to, even the yoruba muslim are not speared. I laugh them in chinese #APC

1 Like

Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by HisRib(f): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by emiye(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Patrice Lumumba was the great Congolese leader who was accountable, progressive, and popularly elected after their independence. He was about to turn Congo into the economic powerhouse of Africa, but was overthrown and assassinated in a CIA led coup in the 1960s, and they promptly imposed an illiterate sergeant, Mobutu Sese Seko on the nation. The rest is history.

How is that about ''Africans having no one but themselves to blame''? People like you need to simply think before playing loud lapdog to western manipulators. It does appear that a generation of progressive post independence nationalist leaders were suppressed by western powers either through assassination or threats etc, which gave rise to a new generation of pro-western stooges.

on May 1960, a growing nationalist movement, the Mouvement National Congolais or MNC Party, led by Patrice Lumumba, won the parliamentary elections. The party appointed Lumumba as Prime Minister. The parliament elected as President Joseph Kasavubu, of the Alliance des Bakongo (ABAKO) party. Other parties that emerged included the Parti Solidaire Africain (or PSA) led by Antoine Gizenga, and the Parti National du Peuple (or PNP) led by Albert Delvaux and Laurent Mbariko.

On 5 September 1960, Kasavubu dismissed Lumumba from office. Lumumba declared Kasavubu's action unconstitutional and a crisis between the two leaders developed. (cf. Sécession au Katanga – J.Gerald-Libois -Brussels- CRISP)

On 17 January 1961, Katangan forces and Belgian paratroops – supported by the United States and Belgium – kidnapped and executed Patrice Lumumba. Amidst widespread confusion and chaos, a temporary government was led by technicians (Collège des Commissaires) with Evariste Kimba. The Katanga secession was ended in January 1963 with the assistance of UN forces. Several short-lived governments, of Joseph Ileo, Cyrille Adoula, and Moise Tshombe, took over in quick succession.

Lumumba had previously appointed Joseph Mobutu chief of staff of the new Congo army, Armée Nationale Congolaise (ANC).[citation needed] Taking advantage of the leadership crisis between Kasavubu and Lumumba, Mobutu garnered enough support within the army to create mutiny
We couldnt have known how succesful lumumba would have been, he spent less than 8 months as a leader (1960 -1961)

From the article i quoted, the division and crack started from within in a matter of months after independence between prime minister lumumba and president kasavubu, a self centered tussle for power between the two most powerful congo men of the time.

Do not also forget as you can see from the article i quoted immediately above, it was lumumba who empowered mobutu sese seko as the chief of staff of the army. it is the same man that backstabbed him, and declared mutiny

The crack was from within, my point is more reaffirmed, Africans are typically self centered and care little about the greater good, once a situation does not benefit them .

i will repeat, Africans have themselves to blame, the "west" can only take advantage of a divided house.

1 Like

Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by emiye(m): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
HisRib:

I said it was the largest in sub-saharan Africa & 2nd largest in Africa. You didn't read correctly.

My bad, i saw wrongly
Re: So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall by HisRib(f): 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
There's too much division in Africa! It's sad. Africans, especially sub-saharans, need to unite & liberate Africa.

emiye:

We couldnt have known how succesful lumumba would have been, he spent less than 8 months as a leader (1960 -1961)

From the article i quoted, the division and crack started from within in a matter of months after independence between prime minister lumumba and president kasavubu, a self centered tussle for power between the two most powerful congo men of the time.

Do not also forget as you can see from the article i quoted immediately above, it was lumumba who empowered mobutu sese seko as the chief of staff of the army. it is the same man that backstabbed him, and declared mutiny

The crack was from within, my point is more reaffirmed, Africans are typically self centered and care little about the greater good, once a situation does not benefit them .

i will repeat, Africans have themselves to blame, the "west" can only take advantage of a divided house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politics Of Meat Production: Where Do The Nigerian Goats, Sheep And Cattle Go? / Dino Vs Remi Tinubu:the Hypocrisy Of Our SW Brethren / Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.