Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too (721 Views)

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Advice For Women On Coping With And Balancing Career With Caring For Their Kids / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too by Kindy: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dear All,
Pls I need your advice, for mothers or you know persons who did Master's abroad with their kids, living with them, how did you cope.

I need success tips, as I'm planning to do MBA in d UK and would like to travel with my 1year+ daughter.

Thanks for your advice
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too by nat138: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
OP,
Will you be staying in campus or off campus accommodation?
One thing is for sure, you will not have classes/ lectures everyday and even on days you have lectures, it will just be for a few hours depending on your course. So for those times, you can get a child minder to look after her at your place. Don't know where in the UK you will be but I am also sure you can get creches that can have her for a few hours a day. But just be aware that all these options are quite expensive. But that is your best bet if you don't have any family or friends that can look after her while you are in school.
Or find out from your school if they have any such facilities. Some schools have them.

Cheers
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too by Kindy: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
nat138: OP,
Will you be staying in campus or off campus accommodation?
One thing is for sure, you will not have classes/ lectures everyday and even on days you have lectures, it will just be for a few hours depending on your course. So for those times, you can get a child minder to look after her at your place. Don't know where in the UK you will be but I am also sure you can get creches that can have her for a few hours a day. But just be aware that all these options are quite expensive. But that is your best bet if you don't have any family or friends that can look after her while you are in school.
Or find out from your school if they have any such facilities. Some schools have them.

Cheers

Thanks Nat for taking out ur time to explain, I will be staying off campus, Aberdeen. I will make inquiries ASAP. Best regards
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too by Toyinletstalk(f): 2:12am On Dec 02, 2013
Whatever you do, you will need someone to take care of your kid when you are at school. Make enquiries, understand your lecture hours and plan your child's day care time with it. You won't be able to accomplish much if you don't have a plan in place.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice From Mums Doing Master's Abroad N Caring For Kids Too by blank(f): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2013
If you are staying in a Nigerian community, you can usually get someone who would not mind looking after your kids while you are in school for lower than the cost of creches. Maybe someone in your Church, etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Found Stabbed To Death By Her EX, Days After Posting Facebook Warning / Question Of The Day:- Who Is To Blame For The Prevalent Teenage Pregnancy? / What Is Your Defination Of A Good Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.