Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Tired Of This Banking Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tired Of This Banking Job (500 Views)

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job / I Want To Quit My Banking Job / Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tired Of This Banking Job by iykem2(m): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have been working with this reputable Nigerian bank for a while now but I have gotten to my breaking point. I have had my promotions as at when due and I am relatively stable financially but the issue is that I have lost interest in what I do. It has gotten to the point of blaming myself why I accepted to work with a bank initially (thou was under pressure from family) instead of doing what I love most.

Now I have decided to resign my Job and further my education in the states (Masters) but whenever I bring up the subject among my family members and colleagues, I get this shock feelings from them. They even go further to tell me that it is not wise for me to leave my job for education since I am not guaranteed a Job in the states or whenever I return to the country. I keep wondering why people think of jobs instead of leaving a fulfilled life while doing what you enjoy doing and nobody says I can't get a Job whenever I finish my education (Life is all about risks).

I would really appreciate any advise or opinion

PS: I am married and have consulted with my wife extensively before reaching this conclusion.

(1) (Reply)

Plz, Advice Me / Advance Your Career To A Greater Height With Training / Top Secret Reveal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.