Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

I Want To Quit My Banking Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (37694 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit My Banking Job by mahmudsani: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by eluquenson(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Have you gotten another job different from banking job?
Or you want to start a business of yours? If not there is fire on the mountain

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment

321 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by eluquenson(m): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Banking job is interesting if you work in a good unit or else its a crazy world.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
Quit if only you have another job but if not en na hunger go wipe u. Come to think of it, even if you have saved millions, you still have to work or get a job to sustain it from coming back to thousands grin my 2cents

22 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by saasala(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
I will recommend for you a book, "Before you quit your job" by Robert Kiyosaki.

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by justi4jesu(f): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Are you quiting because of a new offer or you want to go home and count your ceiling..

You cannot value what you have until you loose it..

You better think twice bro.. undecided

18 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Please recommend me to your bank o, i love banking, right now, i'm not into banking but i work for a bank.

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Tyche(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Well, I hope you have plans and enough dough to keep you afloat in the interim

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
I don't believe your story dear

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by busuyem: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
U can quit if there's better alternative but don't try quiting if there is no other source of providing soup money for ur wife oooo, else u will soon knw that women are not that nice. Best of luck.

21 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by busuyem: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
U can quit if there's better alternative but don't try quiting if there is no other source of providing soup money for ur wife oooo, else u will soon knw that women are not that nice. That's if u're married though. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Are you quitting for another job? or to pursue a life long ambition? or to join politics? or you are re-locating?

Either way, never make permanent decisions on temporary situations

#GoodLuck

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Dannylux: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee: Please recommend me to your bank o, i love banking, right now, i'm not into banking but i work for a bank.

Janitor? Lol Kidding.
A bird at hand is worth two in the bush.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by BRAV0O(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Follow your heart, but pls take your brain with you what if you share us the kind of unpleasant circumstance that surround your job with little advice to help u fix it ?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by lokito: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
At least Banking job is better than staying at home where people will see you and yinmu yinmu; even your parents will be angry with every move you make.
Your neighbours nko? If anything is missing in your yard, they'll say
"Go ask Mahmudsani, na only am dey always dey house"

Rethink my brother

113 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by azpekuliar: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
Well before you quit, have you got dependents? e.g a wife, kids.. If you do, quitting your job might just rub off on them as well, so dwell on it properly & where possible talk it over with them before quitting.
It's a jungle out there, so if you're not walking into a new job almost immediately, better set a realistic plan towards securing a new one. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by justi4jesu(f): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
lokito: At least Banking job is better than staying at home where people will see you and yinmu yinmu; even your parents will be angry with every move you make.

Hhahahahaha abeg help me tell the dude.... grin

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by jennylove7575(f): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Quit if the job is taking away your dignity. But before u do, ensure you've gotten another job.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by rozayx5(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
consider the below

1. do you have some savings ( good savings that can start a reasonable biz) ?
2. do you have another job?
3.What is your spending habit? can you live on a small budget, while starting up something ?

if you spend heavily and your not an entrepreneur who knows how to make money it will affect you after resignation cause you will go dead broke, cause most bank employees i know only know how to spend and cant stay without a salary.
but if you have business acumen, welcome to our world cool

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by decode55(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
OP, are you in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by hayorbaami: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
lokito: At least Banking job is better than staying at home where people will see you and yinmu yinmu; even your parents will be angry with every move you make.

Rethink my brother

grin

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by decode55(m): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2014

Rethink my brother

is it always about what people think?

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Drdreluv: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
Welcome to job market
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by sammieguze(m): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
U re in soup

from what i know, people who have been active esp in the banking sector always can't bear to be redundant afterwards. If u av another project you want to embark on, fine. If not, i repeat, you are in soup

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
When your Job becomes boring, then it becomes a burden on your Neck. Have you ever sat down to ask yourself this question... what are my abilities? discover what you can do and do it well. By the time you'll be 40, is either you are making a living or making a live.

However, before you quit, make sure you have an alternate source of income or save to start ur own business. Don't forget that you are created for a purpose. Discover ur purpose and fulfil destiny.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Smartsyn(m): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Doing what you like is freedom, loving what you do is happiness.

If you not happy with what you do , quit. But check if you have viable alternative, or regret will be your surname

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Bros, we are in the same ship. I am just tired of the job but haven't mustered enough courage to tender my resignation. Apparently cos I do not have an alternative yet. There are times I wake up and feel like not going to work.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Tallesty1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
You didn't give details why you wana quit but before you do it, please Think about the consequences? Doing the job you hate is punishment but being idle is hell. Don't leave your job if you are not sure of another one. And if you are switching over to business then make sure you have made all the necessary enquiries/arrangements. Being Broke Is Like Writing Waec in Chibok.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Yoney007(f): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
If you have a solid plan B, you can take the bold step but trust me its better to have a job you are not interested in but get paid than to be unemployed. I was in that shoes last year April, I took the risk and I don't regret it....Are you a contract staff or a full staff??

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by slydog(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

Trust me bro, in the same shoes with u, just 2yrs on the job with no leave, and same routine, I feel like quitting toooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / They Were Expecting Sack Letter But She Surprised Them With Iphone 13 PRO MAX / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.