Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

I Am Tired Of This Banking Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Tired Of This Banking Job (1662 Views)

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job / I Want To Quit My Banking Job / Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of This Banking Job by iykem2(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have been working with this reputable Nigerian bank for a while now but I have gotten to my breaking point. I have had my promotions as at when due and I am relatively stable financially but the issue is that I have lost interest in what I do. It has gotten to the point of blaming myself why I accepted to work with a bank initially (thou was under pressure from family) instead of doing what I love most.

Now I have decided to resign my Job and further my education in the states (Masters) but whenever I bring up the subject among my family members and colleagues, I get this shock feelings from them. They even go further to tell me that it is not wise for me to leave my job for education since I am not guaranteed a Job in the states or whenever I return to the country. I keep wondering why people think of jobs instead of leaving a fulfilled life while doing what you enjoy doing and nobody says I can't get a Job whenever I finish my education (Life is all about risks).

I would really appreciate any advise or opinion

PS: I am married and have consulted with my wife extensively before reaching this conclusion.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Banking Job by boneruns(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Have you tried switching from one department to another? You may find something that interests you, and keep you going in another department.

If I may ask, what else would you like to do?

Above all, follow your heart.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Banking Job by donigspain(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please QUIT, ermm, while you're at it, can you introduce me to your manager as a replacement? grin grin grin
Re: I Am Tired Of This Banking Job by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
@OP,
Change is good.
Can you sustain yourself and your family for about say, two years without a job?
What are the gains of doing the masters?
Since you have spent some years in the bank, you should be entitled to a study leave, i think.

In other words, pursue your dreams, you only live once.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Banking Job by Godmother(f): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
@OP

A word of advice from someone who truly cares.
Two year ago I resigned my very lucrative job from one of the telecoms industry. I felt the world was at my feet as I was getting a steady income. My mind was bent on business and because of that I lost interest in my job. I resigned against contrary advice to start up my business. Believe me, few months later I wished I never did. Things only just changed for me after a year and the half.

My advice to you would be to hold onto your job while you think things through. Try and think out what's really causing the disatisfaction within you. Be sure you know what you are doing and get a SOLID plan B (an alternative income source) before you even think of resigning.

(1) (Reply)

Wallpaper Designs And Paintings / Apcon Members Are You Here: / Nigeria Customs Services 2013 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.