Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak (2018 Views)

Gulak Takes Over PDP Chairmanship / Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) / 6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Special Adviser to the
President on Political Matters,
Ahmed Gulak
The Special Adviser to President Goodluck
Jonathan on Political Affairs, Alhaji Ahmed
Gulak, has threatened to resign his
appointment “if the President refuses to
make himself available for the 2015
presidential election.”
The President has repeatedly warned
anyone against starting 2015 campaigns for
him.
While Jonathan is yet to declare his
ambition, preferring to make his decision
public, there has been serious pressure on
him to run for re-election in 2015.
But Gulak who has consistently maintained
that the President is eligible to contest in
2015, said there was “no alternative to
President Jonathan in 2015.”
Gulak, according to a statement by his
Special Assistant, Chief Perry Opara, made
the declaration in Owerri, the Imo State
capital, while addressing a group during a
unity rally for Jonathan at the Rosy Arts
Centre.
When contacted to confirm if actually he
issued the threat, Gulak told THE PUNCH
that it was true.
He said, “Confirmed! It is true, I issued the
threat to resign if Jonathan does not make
himself available for the 2015 presidential
election. That was during the unity rally held
for Jonathan in Owerri.”
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
Who are you? Who cares.....in fact you can go to hell!

Yeye people...we've heard such before...people promising to commit suicide or go on exile if their preferred candidate didn't win election.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by wiseguy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
See useless man. Ofcourse you won't have any job if Jonathan refuse to seek re-election.

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Sec5(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is a die-hard supporter of mr president.Like this though
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gulak the political nonentity!
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Sec5(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
ilugunboy: Who are you? Who cares.....in fact you can go to hell!

Yeye people...we've heard such before...people promising to commit suicide or go on exile if their preferred candidate didn't win election.

He is entitled to his opinion,no bashing as u are not incuring any damage from his stance
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by automaticcars: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sec5: This is a die-hard supporter of mr president.Like this though
I thought mallams and muslims are terrorists. Alhaji Gulak, a muslim supporting GEJ. Any other muslim who opposes GEJ is boko haram, right?

4 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by automaticcars: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
People promised to die if Abacha didn't contest in 1998. Some also promised to go into exile if Abacha didn't contest. Where is Abacha today?

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Sec5(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
automaticcars: I thought mallams and muslims are terrorists. Alhaji Gulak, a muslim supporting GEJ. Any other muslim who opposes GEJ is boko haram, right?

what are u saying sir?
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by kokoA(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
"Special assistant to the special adviser to the president" oh! Naija na wah.. This is a northerner supporting GEJ o, no hausa man has called him a "traitor" o or working against his people o, if na some people now we for don hear curse taya.. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Sec5(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
automaticcars: People promised to die if Abacha didn't contest in 1998. Some also promised to go into exile if Abacha didn't contest. Where is Abacha today?

Meaning what?
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by AdeniyiA(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
abeg who's Gulder... oh sorry, Gulak?
his resignation or otherwise does not put garri on my table. undecided so who cares ?
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by mascot87(m): 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
He might as well die if he so wish undecided
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have nothing against the President contesting the 2015 election, but it behoves on GEJ to be wary of seasoned connoisseurs of sycophancy like Gulak(or Gulag cheesy) who exude bellows of choking smoke around him. There is a huge difference between loyalty and sycophancy.

A Statement like "no alternative to President Jonathan in 2015" is a path we have trodden before and it reminds one of past political jobbers and wandering minstrels like Daniel Kanu and co. GEJ is qualified to be President but It is an insult, that in a country gifted with lots of bright minds we are often told that Nigeria have no alternative to Jonathan or Buhari or anyone else. Its silly to plaster a veneer of 'INDISPENSABILITY' on anyone.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by bloggernaija: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Another slowpoke ,functionally useless and Idiotic sycophant

1 YOU WILL HAVE NO JOB IF HE CONSTEST BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO LOSE
2 YOU WILL HAVE NO JOB IF HE DOES NOT CONTEST.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
kokoA: "Special assistant to the special adviser to the president" oh!
Do not be surprised if the Special Assistant to the Special Adviser to the President has his own Special Assistant or Personal Assistant. That is why we have a huge recurrent expenditure, bulk of our money is used in servicing these useless offices created 'for the boys'(loyalists). Wonder why ASUU is vehement that Government must accede to their demands!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na lie. Una dey resgn?
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by manny4life(m): 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Resign ke? When did Nigerian officials begin resigning their post?

That's a coded way of saying Oga Jona is returning in 2015 grin grin grin
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by chimex38: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Jonathan doesnt need 2 contest election to win..
Na APC dey give demselves headache.

But d adviser shld b calm. I like my president muted on dis until d appropriate time.
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Eziachi: 12:00am On Nov 30, 2013
So in Nigeria version govt of the people, a special adviser also has a special assistant who also goes with the title of a chief? You cannot make it up, serously. grin
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by chimex38: 12:10am On Nov 30, 2013
take dat: Do not be surprised if the Special Assistant to the Special Adviser to the President has his own Special Assistant or Personal Assistant. That is why we have a huge recurrent expenditure, bulk of our money is used in servicing these useless offices created 'for the boys'(loyalists). Wonder why ASUU is vehement that Government must accede to their demands!!!

mehn, i agree wit u. Total wastage of resources and government personnel while some organizations're unda staffed. D presidency is unnecessarily over-staffed. This is billions bein wasted.
Every adviser to d president on any issue has a special assistant who inturn will have assistance, secretaries,etc.. We need 2 rewrite d constitution 2 dis respect
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 30, 2013
Laughable. If you are a politically conscious Nigerian but still don't know GEJ ll contest in 2015 then you are not bright.
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by talktimi(m): 1:21am On Nov 30, 2013
Then what will happen if you resign ? You should have said something more dramatic like committing suicide then people will take you serious.

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 30, 2013
reminds me of nlemigbo...pdp chairman during the time of ohakim in imo state. ..he said he'll go on exile to iran if ohakim should loose...buh when ohakim did..he locked himself inside his house for 2 good weeks and after that his car was sighted rolling toward owelle's country home. ..he was one of the first people dt handled rd contracts for owelle's government ..so sm1 should tell gulak to shut his gworo mouth

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2013
chimex38:

mehn, i agree wit u. Total wastage of resources and government personnel while some organizations're unda staffed. D presidency is unnecessarily over-staffed. This is billions bein wasted.
Every adviser to d president on any issue has a special assistant who inturn will have assistance, secretaries,etc.. We need 2 rewrite d constitution 2 dis respect
My brother its disheartening. This bullshit is not limited to the presidency alone, Same applies to the Governors, lawmakers, council chairmen, ministers and so on. Most of their aides are mere parasites whose only business in Government is to suck the nation's wealth dry, they are the least productive class in the country, they do not add any value to governance and they do enjoy juicy perks and huge salaries. I shudder to think of the state of the nation in years to come if we continue in this limp fashion. We struggle to pay workers salaries, we manage a lean capital budget when we are in dire need of massive infrastructure, yet we continue to maintain the lifestyles of those bunch of parasites in the name of political patronage!
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2013
take dat: My brother its disheartening. This bullshit is not limited to the presidency alone, Same applies to the Governors, council chairmen, ministers and so on. Most of these aides are mere parasites whose only business is to suck the nation's wealth, they are the least productive class in the country, they do not add any value to governance and they do enjoy juicy perks and huge salaries. I shudder to think of the state of the nation in years to come if we continue in this limp fashion. We struggle to pay workers salaries, we manage a lean capital budget when we need massive infrastructure, yet we continue to maintain the lifestyles of those bunch of parasites in the name of political patronage!
To be fair, those personal assistants and Secretaries are Nigerians. ..who probably had nothing doing...they have families. ..children ..wifes..mothers ..fathers and siblings. .even cousin and far relatives who are looking upto them for there day to day survival. ...u hv no idea the amount of poverty that may be inherent in their respective families b4 they were appointed. ..Some are young unemployed graduates...since the ministers and commissioners are not importing aliens and foriegners to appoint as p as and Secretaries. .I don't see anything wrong with those poor fellows being their Secretaries and their families being alleviated from poverty or being established through them...no be naija money? ? are they not nigerians?? ? better the money is spent on this fellows than for it to find its way into the already comfortable greedy pockets of those lecturers. ...Get close to a school teacher in one of the secondary schools..or even a principal. ..sought for thier pay and you'll see just how unbalanced the scale...those are the people suffering ..those are the people who need aid...
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2013
take dat: I have nothing against the President contesting the 2015 election, but it behoves on GEJ to be wary of seasoned connoisseurs of sycophancy like Gulak who exude bellows of choking smoke around him. Gulak will eventually end up in a Gulag cheesy. There is a huge difference between loyalty and sycophancy.

A Statement like "no alternative to President Jonathan in 2015" is a path we have trodden before and it reminds one of past political jobbers and wandering minstrels like Daniel Kanu and co. GEJ is qualified to be President but It is an insult, that in a country gifted with lots of bright minds we are often told that Nigeria have no alternative to Jonathan. Its silly to plaster a veneer of 'INDISPENSABILITY' on anyone.
Green snake under green grass. You pretend to be neutral but your hatred for GEJ surpases that of those who abuse and curse the president online. You'r far more lethal and deadly than Gbawe, agbameta,eko ile,eggheader,etc combined, and you do your thing largely without being noticed.

Gulak simply expressed his opinion. In his opinion, "there is no alternative to GEJ in 2015". Whether that opinion is motivated by other motives is immaterial. After all, our various positions on this forum, including yours, are motivated by one thing or the other. You are free to disagree with him without name calling and tagging him sycophant. Give us those alternatives and their chances of making it to Aso Rock in 2015. It is as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2013
kokoA: "Special assistant to the special adviser to the president" oh! Naija na wah.. This is a northerner supporting GEJ o, no hausa man has called him a "traitor" o or working against his people o, if na some people now we for don hear curse taya.. Smh.
Maybe you should go and ask Governor Aliyu of Niger State what he called northerners who support this president. And this is at the highest level- level of a governor, who should know better than people who troll and mis-behave on NL.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2013
BADNEAT:
To be fair, those personal assistants and Secretaries are Nigerians. ..who probably had nothing doing...they have families. ..children ..wifes..mothers ..fathers and siblings. .even cousin and far relatives who are looking upto them for there day to day survival. ...u hv no idea the amount of poverty that may be inherent in their respective families b4 they were appointed. ..Some are young unemployed graduates...since the ministers and commissioners are not importing aliens and foriegners to appoint as p as and Secretaries. .I don't see anything wrong with those poor fellows being their Secretaries and their families being alleviated from poverty or being established through them...no be naija money? ? are they not nigerians?? ? better the money is spent on this fellows than for it to find its way into the already comfortable greedy pockets of those lecturers. ...Get close to a school teacher in one of the secondary schools..or even a principal. ..sought for thier pay and you'll see just how unbalanced the scale...those are the people suffering ..those are the people who need aid...
If 4 people are employed by government to do the job of 1 person, for the only reason of creating jobs, the excess 3 are a burden on the society and not a solution. Most of these aides are mere political jobbers, and they add no value to governance. Creating useless offices to compensate loyalists will 'NOT' alleviate poverty.

If we continue spending a huge chunk of our budget(60-75% of our budget) on servicing civil servants and our unproductive political class, it means all citizens who are not part of the civil service or political class are not the focus of governance. We need a lean government to free up more money for the benefit of the masses. That is why we need a smart and effective government(both in the national and state levels)!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by hillsate: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2013
Fool.
Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 8:29am On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Green snake under green grass. You pretend to be neutral but your hatred for GEJ surpases that of those who abuse and curse the president online.

Gulak simply expressed his opinion. In his opinion, "there is no alternative to GEJ in 2015". Whether that opinion is motivated by other motives is immaterial. After all, our various positions on this forum, including yours, are motivated by one thing or the other. You are free to disagree with him without name calling and tagging him sycophant. Give us those alternatives and their chances of making it to Aso Rock in 2015. It is as simple as that.
You deserve a Lifetime Achievement Award for being the most pathetic sycophantic contributor ever on this forum. You can continue with the infantile rants and obnoxious public display of idiocy by labeling anyone who critic this administration as a 'GEJ hater'.

I insist that Gulak is a 'Sycophant of the most vile sort', and I do not care what drooling imbeciles and brainless toadies think!

5 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Jonathan Did Not Seek Re-election-gulak by takedat(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You'r far more lethal and deadly than Gbawe, agbameta,eko ile,eggheader,etc combined, and you do your thing largely without being noticed.

Rise above pettiness and get a life!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: The Man - Muhammadu Buhari / Igbo Group Condemn Deliberate Frustration Of Geometric Power Limited Aba / The Untold Tales Of Gen. Buhari… [a Must Read]”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.