Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

No Hunger In Nigeria, Says Obasanjo's Agric Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Hunger In Nigeria, Says Obasanjo's Agric Minister (727 Views)

Agric Minister Deletes Tweets Attacking Buhari / Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi / I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Hunger In Nigeria, Says Obasanjo's Agric Minister by Gbosko: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2008
No Hunger in Nigeria, Says Ex Agric Minister

From Sufuyan Ojeifo in Abuja, 07.23.2008 (ThisDay Newspaper)

Minister of Agriculture in the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Alhaji Adamu Bello, has dismissed  claim that Nigeria was facing food crisis, saying the country was blessed and not among “hunger nations.”
Food Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) recently classified some countries as ‘hunger nations’.
Bello, who said he took responsibility for all the actions and inactions of the Ministry of Agriculture under the Obasanjo government, added that Nigeria was not faced with food  crisis.

Well, if this politician is not kidding me then I'll say that's some good news. Ain't it? grin

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua To Fix All Roads By 2011--segun Adeniyi / Mimiko Won / Obama 2008 Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.