Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? (7668 Views)

Must Have Tool For Coding/web Development For All Webmasters / What Is The Best Tool For Webdesign? / Why Has Blogging Become Only A Tool For Making Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am aware of this, but we are speculating on what would be the best approach for someone who is not a developer.
A novice would do well by hiring a developer if he/she really wants to build the app from scratch. Unless the idea is a billion dollar idea, I see no reason why he shouldn't make do with already existing CMS, saving time and money at the same time. He could always outsource CMS editing works to designers and developer, if he's tech savvy and not on deadline he can learn by trying it out himself.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
The same can be done for other web scripting lnagues eg PHP, Pearl, Python, ASP.net, JSP etc. I think you're referring to programming languages such as C, Jaca, C++ etc

True, but considerably more overhead is required to do this.

I mean how much simpler can you get:

<?php echo "xxxx"; ?>
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

True, but considerably more overhead is required to do this.

I mean how much simpler can you get:

<?php echo "xxxx"; ?>
I don't disagree with your point that PHP is easier and that's the reason i have stuck with it but i just wanted to know what angle you were coming from.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
Phder: This thread reeks of ignorance.
I'm telling you!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
Phder:
A novice would do well by hiring a developer if he/she really wants to build the app from scratch. Unless the idea is a billion dollar idea, I see no reason why he shouldn't make do with already existing CMS, saving time and money at the same time. He could always outsource CMS editing works to designers and developer, if he's tech savvy and not on deadline he can learn by trying it out himself.

It is a matter of how much control that he wants. My philosophy is that one is better off building from scratch(assuming that he is capable). In the long run it always pays off. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am assuming that the op would be collecting online payments, which probably wouldn't work in Nigeria. The other parts of the system will be fine though.
Bros, what are you talking about? Voguepay, GTpay and other online payment gateway work perfectly in Nigeria!
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't disagree with your point that PHP is easier and that's the reason i have stuck with it but i just wanted to know what angle you were coming from.

You mean experience-wise?
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Alishachris:

angry I think he is talking about paymant processor that comes with those carts
Then you just use integrate the ones that work here cool
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
adexsimply:
Bros, what are you talking about? Voguepay, GTpay and other online payment gateway work perfectly in Nigeria!

That is why I mentioned earlier that there are some respectable payment gateways in Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

It is a matter of how much control that he wants. My philosophy is that one is better off building from scratch(assuming that he is capable). In the long run it always pays off. Trust me.
No sir, It'll never "pay off".
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

That is why I mentioned earlier that there are some respectable payment gateways in Nigeria.
Better, and they work perfectly.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
@OP change the title of this thread
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
adexsimply:
No sir, It'll never "pay off".

As a matter of fact, it does. One immediate way is the savings on all those developers. Also many other ideas become realizable from the new found knowledge.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am assuming that the op would be collecting online payments, which probably wouldn't work in Nigeria. The other parts of the system will be fine though.

it will work, GTPay, DiamondPay, webpay, zenith global pay, all do this
GTPay just added support for accepting international cards which makes any developer recommending other listed platforms to client, argghhhh!
Plus GTPay just upgraded their old looking interface.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
webdezzi:

it will work, GTPay, DiamondPay, webpay, zenith global pay, all do this
GTPay just added support for accepting international cards which makes any developer recommending other listed platforms to client, argghhhh!
Plus GTPay just upgraded their old looking interface.

I just looked at the GTPay website. It looks interesting, but are they hiding the API for their platform, or will that be available only after sending the form?
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by abubaka101: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Every time someone asks for suggestions on web development, sum ppl will just come and derail d thread.... SMH
OP since no reasonable suggestion can be put forward witout arguements, I advise u Google the following terms because u'll need to knw wat ur doing and how to get them done:
Content Management System (CMS)
Ecommerce
Web Development Languages
gudluk!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by abubaka101: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Phder:
The problem is, He doesn't knw much about wat he's talking about... The best thing is for him to hire an expert, like u said..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by AZeD1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Soloter: for ease of development use PHP but for tight security use JEE /J2EE.

Java and tight security in the same sentence?
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nairalanders..... Pls i too want to get a website running. I need advice on" the best domain and hosting site". The amount they charge should also be put into consideration...... "not too expensive". THANKS
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by donodion(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
i would recommend dreamweaver packages.good stuff
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by temmyplayboy(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
CallmePROF: Nairalanders..... Pls i too want to get a website running. I need advice on" the best domain and hosting site". The amount they charge should also be put into consideration...... "not too expensive". THANKS
My broda my advice for you is 2 go for a foreign hosting with 99% non downtime
Register tru dis link:https://interserver.net/r/191372
Amount:$1.99/Month/Life-Time
Coupon Code:essenceclue
*N.B* Offer Is Limited
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Birniwa(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
How do you mean "They cannot work here"? Every platform and programming language can work anywhere.

It's not about the platform or programming language working, the technical idea is that those platform may not provide payment via Nigetian currency. Remembet the OP wants to "build" an eCommerce site site.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Sagytarius(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
PHP is also a programming/scripting language like Pearl.
Pearl? grin Lotion nko?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by olempe(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Una don scatter the guy head with terminology... Python, magento, CMS, cobra, anaconda grin
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by alphawg(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Since it's an e-commerce site, let him just go for open cart. simple.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by SureBiz(m): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
For Nigerian Online ATM cards payment integration, use Dedicated Webpay
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
I think you should start with a WYSIWYG html/css editor...like KompoZer or Better still try BlueGriffion,they support 95% of programming languages.
They are both totally free and not costly like Dreamweaver.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by kedukc(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2013
Just want to give a little suggestion: www.Naijadealer.com
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by emmyx2010: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
I am an upcoming web developer I uploaded a website. now I want to load it. it directed me back to my control panel. what Do u suggest is wrong. tank u.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2013
emmyx2010: [color=#000099][/color]
I am an upcoming web developer I uploaded a website. now I want to load it. it directed me back to my control panel. what Do u suggest is wrong. tank u.
Open a new topic for this problem that you're having. Let's not derail this thread. Also remain to be clear with your question as i can't understand it.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by chubysoft1(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2013
♍Ɣ broda forget this opencart thing jor. Go Fø̲̣̣я̅ Prestashop jare. You Ɲø̲̣̣̥ go regret.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. / Top 50 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria, No. 1 Will Suprise You! / I Need To Book A Flight On Firstnation Airways Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.