Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,803 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu (4367 Views)

I Can Sacrifice Presidential Ambition For NFF Job –dr Orji Uzor Kalu / Evil Plans Against Dr.orji Kalu Unveiled / Dr.orji Uzor Kalu Condemn's Uniport's 4 Students Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

National theatre? Are you this dumb? Who goes there these days? We wanted to take it over ..the FG refused. There are cinemas scattered all over the state....a brand new one is under construction in Apapa right now ...close to Apapa club...

National stadium....we have a better stadium directly opposite that now.

Mainland bridge? Are you smoking? Which bridge is that?

You had better escape from that village to get enlightened.
The 3rd mainland bridge. And so because of the FIFA unacredited Teslim Balogun stadium the National Stadium should be turned to a Mecca of sort for the consumption of Ekiti Indian Hemp by Lagosians.
more: Lagos to Ibadan expressway
Murtala Muhammad international Airport etc.
SW governors should collaboration and restore these areas from rot with their magic wand.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

National theatre? Are you this dumb? Who goes there these days? We wanted to take it over ..the FG refused. There are cinemas scattered all over the state....a brand new one is under construction in Apapa right now ...close to Apapa club...

National stadium....we have a better stadium directly opposite that now.

Mainland bridge? Are you smoking? Which bridge is that?

You had better escape from that village to get enlightened.

Thanks for educating the village confined she....male. teslim balogun make the national stadium look like a play ground. Who need a national theater when there are numerous cinemas everywhere. He thought this place is like the backwater where he is confined to.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by gurnam: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
The 3rd mainland bridge. And so because of the FIFA unacredited Teslim Balogun stadium the National Stadium should be turned to a Mecca of sort for the consumption of Ekiti Indian Hemp by Lagosians.
more: Lagos to Ibadan expressway
Murtala Muhammad international Airport etc.
SW governors should collaboration and restore these areas from rot with their magic wand.

Are you speaking Ibo ? grin grin

Ok you referred to 3MB as Mainland bridge...we don't call it that here.

All your rants are full of craps....not worth any decent response..

Next m0ron please!

6 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2013
The current minister of works seems to be over-concentrated on federal road projects along the Edo axis to score cheap political gains in Edo local politics. The speed at which federal govt roads in that axis is being executed is unprecedented. He said the second Niger Bridge will be built through PPP and that work will start soon but that soon seems unending. The southeast politicians on the other hand dont seem to make so much noise about projects in this region. With several competing demands and very scarce resources in this country, every state/region has to keep making noise about its needs or you'll be forgotten. Was it not after the president was asked about the Lagos-Ibadan road during the presidential media chat that action was taken on that road? I know Peter Obi has been pushing for the second Niger Bridge but I cant say same about other politicians from the region. The minister of works should fast-forward work on the second Niger Bridge otherwise I will stone him the next time I see him.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2013
ibn akogun:

Thanks for educating the village confined she....male. teslim balogun make the national stadium look like a play ground. Who need a national theater when there are numerous cinemas everywhere. He thought this place is like the backwater where he is confined to.
Here we have it. The "shofisticated" intelligence that can't differentiate between Cinema and Theater. smh

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2013
FG should just build the bridge already.

There are people made rich by GEJ's administration that can single-handedly fund this bridge, let alone the FG.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Here we have it. The "shofisticated" intelligence that can't differentiate between Cinema and Theater. smh

Like somebody educated you up there, fg didn't let the state take over this assets. To all those rubbish you listed it non of lasg problem to take over this things. The critical onces are the ones, they go to court to get injunctions to take over. Like the lagos-badagry expressway, the shagamu expressway in Ogun state. Since you are village confined, you don't know the only reason peeps go to hang out in either cinema or theater is for entertainment, and since the theater can't offer that isn't the cinema a better option.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by gurnam: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Leave dude alone...don't start going after perceived soft target

He asked you...who bother going to theatre now? We have numerous and endless fun spots here in Lagos....let FG carry the NT away...we can use that land for more valuable venture.

Ordinarily..the rail terminus was meant to terminate close to that place...but LASG was forced to shift it further along.

Get the hell out of that village kid!

5 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

Leave dude alone...don't start going after perceived soft target

He asked you...who bother going to theatre now? We have numerous and endless fun spots here in Lagos....let FG carry the NT away...we can use that land for more valuable venture.

Ordinarily..the rail terminus was meant to terminate close to that place...but LASG was forced to shift it further along.

Get the hell out of that village kid!

That structure is just too massive mehn. Can't wait for the thing to kick off. Saw workers doing ground work to cross the bridge over to iddo.when it is completed I can leave my house in festac and get to island in 15 minutes very soon.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2013
The SE should take this as a challenge. They should be the second Niger Bridge.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by gurnam: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2013
ibn akogun:

That structure is just too massive mehn. Can't wait for the thing to kick off. Saw workers doing ground work to cross the bridge over to iddo. when it is completed I can leave my house in festac and get to island in 15 minutes very soon.

That small portion is going to be a massive job....because of the swampy terrain.

But they will finish up before the rain set in next year...by God's grace.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

That small portion is going to be a massive job....because of the swampy terrain.

But they will finish up before the rain set in next year...by God's grace.

I pray so, but the quality of work there is so great. Seems the second lot of the mile to okoko has been awarded too and the speed of work is improving too.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by JECBOSS: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2013
Follow LIVE UPDATES On Anambra
Supplementary Election here
https://www.nairaland.com/1536838/live-updates-anambra-supplementary-election
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2013
i can see some loosers west of the Niger feasting on this thread like a vulture over a carcass. Pathethic bunch of loosers
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by IGBOSON1: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2013
I think it's quite funny how some -who have the benefit of the nations centre of commerce and industry located in their region- have this air of arrogance and misplaced superiority; bragging about how 'THEY' have 'SINGLE-HANDEDLY' built so and so, and hence Ndigbo should take a leaf from them and forget what is their due from the centre by going on to build the 2nd Niger bridge on their own!

This is the same South East that has been systematically dismembered, emasculated and marginalised for decades (and it's been stated many times b/4 how this has been done), yet they want us to 'do as Lagos has done'!

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2013
INNOisBACK: i can see some loosers west of the Niger feasting on this thread like a vulture over a carcass. Pathethic bunch of loosers

Pathetic soul, when will they build you low life this bridge. When will you guys go for the annual aso rock begging and wailing for this bridge to be built. Maybe when my grandson start fathering children then they can consider y'all low life for the village bridge.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 10:27am On Nov 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I think it's quite funny how some -who have the benefit of the nations centre of commerce and industry located in their region- have this air of arrogance and misplaced superiority; bragging about how 'THEY' have 'SINGLE-HANDEDLY' built so and so, and hence Ndigbo should take a leaf from them and forget what is their due from the centre by going on to build the 2nd Niger bridge on their own!

This is the same South East that has been systematically dismembered, emasculated and marginalised for decades (and it's been stated many times b/4 how this has been done), yet they want us to 'do as Lagos has done'!

And the title of this post is ....... cry me the river Niger...

6 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by IGBOSON1: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2013
ibn akogun:

And the title of this post is ....... cry me the river Niger...

^^^Is that you trying to be funny? wink
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 10:32am On Nov 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Is that you trying to be funny? wink

WWW. GIYF.COM..
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Stop whining.....

You have all the people that can make 2NB a reality within a year now in power...face them!

From the C-I-C...to the coordinating Minister of the economy (Prime Minister) ...the SFG...the guy that handles the budget...even the other that vets public procurement ...you have your people that can make it happen...you can see your own enemies already.

If you don't get it now under this administration....and the deep sea port...you may NEVER get it again.

12 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop whining.....

You have all the people that can make 2NB a reality within a year now in power...face them!

From the C-I-C...to the coordinating Minister of the economy (Prime Minister) ...the SFG...the guy that handles the budget...you have your people that can make it happen...you can see your own enemies already.

If you don't get it now under this administration....and the deep sea port...you may NEVER get it again.
You have a point there, sometimes i have this feeling that even when we have a president from the SE, things might still be the same, the bulk of em over there are just concerned about their personal(not regional) interest.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2013
INNOisBACK: You have a point there, sometimes i have this feeling that even when we have a president from the SE, things might still be the same, the bulk of em over there are just concerned about their personal(not regional) interest.

Exactly...and you know why?

Simple..because most of them don't use the bridge. They fly into the East.

Even the one making the noise and shedding crocodile tears ( OUK) rarely enters the East by road.....and we have people here that will be affected heavily in Dec coming here to defend these people with all their strength.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by geeez: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2013
Eyaaa

Oya pick one handkerchief and wipe your tears

Hope you've paid your outstanding tenement rate in Lagos though

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Abagworo(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

The Ikoyi -Lekki link bridge is definitely longer than the Niger bridge with all the approaches.

And these villagers don't ask profound questions while a state can single- handedly financed such marvelous bridge...while a combined 5 states are waiting for the FG for eternity to construct a mere less than 1km bridge.

Sucks to be these villagers...

Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha road is a federal highway and the Niger bridge links Delta and. Anambra States. I don't know how you expect Southeasterners to build that bridge. The Imo State airport was not built with State funds but with mere donations from Imo citizens at home and diaspora and I believe it is the only airport in Nigeria not built with Government funds.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by kel4soft: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Amaechi is the only Governor making noise on east-west road, PH Airport, refund FG roads constructed with state money like PH-Owerrin road, Ada George, East West Flyover, Eleme Junction, Old Aba Road. The FG is really absent in South-South and nobody dare speak against him or else you are term disloyal. Thank God, my state is no longer a PDP state.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Kponkwem(m): 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Akshow: Niger bridge makes him wanna cry? What did he do during his tenure aside building mansions and buying exotic car? The south eastern governors have d easiest ride at governance I swear. I even consider it an insult for him to make such cynical comment. I think the ibos deserve the leaders they get cos instead of charging them to serve the people, they tend to be sentimental and celebrate mediocrity. They prefer to criticize the government of their host states than their own home state.

See your wicked ignorance. The Niger bridge is not within the purview of the states but FG. Were the bridges linking Lagos mainland to the island built by SW govs? Your evil sentiments in Nigeria have been used to cover injustice for long. God will visit this country soon.

And to think that Gowon commenced the first bridge as part of the civil war reconstruction programme after declaring the country doesn't know what to do with oil money! Starting reconstruction in a region far removed from the theatre of conflict.

This evil contraption called Nigeria!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Kponkwem(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
htconeline: why should FG build bridge for you to came nd over flood Sw.
oUK nah just mouth service.

See your wicked ignorance. The Niger bridge is not within the purview of the states but FG. Were the bridges linking Lagos mainland to the island built by SW govs? Your evil sentiments in Nigeria have been used to cover injustice for long. God will visit this country soon.

And to think that Gowon commenced the first bridge as part of the civil war reconstruction programme after declaring the country doesn't know what to do with oil money! Starting reconstruction in a region far removed from the theatre of conflict.

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abagworo:

Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha road is a federal highway and the Niger bridge links Delta and. Anambra States. I don't know how you expect Southeasterners to build that bridge. The Imo State airport was not built with State funds but with mere donations from Imo citizens at home and diaspora and I believe it is the only airport in Nigeria not built with Government funds.

Abagworo....I don't expect you to be giving this kind of excuse.

Can't the states come together...including Delta?
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Kponkwem:

LASG built the one linking Ikoyi to Lekki....

Besides ?.Ibos can leverage on the commanding position in the current administration to ensure that bridge....I don't expect people here to be giving excuses for the failure of the present crop of Ibo FG officials.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

100 likes.

The 5 SW governors should band together to wipe out the poverty that is pervasive in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun States before mofos dish out their advice.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

100 likes.

The 5 SW governors should band together to wipe out the poverty that is pervasive in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun States before mofos dish out their advice.
I schooled in Osun and I'm always surprised when people like you say there's poverty there.

I'm sure you read that online from an uninformed person and started echoing it like a lot of people do.

Last time i checked, Ilesha, Ile-Ife and Oshogbo have a concentration of Banks that means money is in circulation.

Ancient?? Yes.........Poverty?? No. Get your facts right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing!!! T.B Joshua Runs A Nation In A Country / Buhari Will Give The Poorest Nigerians N7500 Monthly – APC / Channels Discontinue live Broadcast Of Amaechi's Birthday Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.