Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu (4368 Views)

I Can Sacrifice Presidential Ambition For NFF Job –dr Orji Uzor Kalu / Evil Plans Against Dr.orji Kalu Unveiled / Dr.orji Uzor Kalu Condemn's Uniport's 4 Students Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: I schooled in Osun and I'm always surprised when people like you say there's poverty there.

I'm sure you read that online from an uninformed person and started echoing it like a lot of people do.

Last time i checked, Ilesha, Ile-Ife and Oshogbo have a concentration of Banks that means money is in circulation.

Ancient?? Yes.........Poverty?? No. Get your facts right.

Stop taking these Jews serious anymore. Most of them have not seen the asaba end of the Niger bridge all their miserable life.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: I schooled in Osun and I'm always surprised when people like you say there's poverty there.

I'm sure you read that online from an uninformed person and started echoing it like a lot of people do.

Last time i checked, Ilesha, Ile-Ife and Oshogbo have a concentration of Banks that means money is in circulation.

Bla bla bla bla. Abia and Anambra have the highest concentration of banks after Lagos and Rivers (states that have highly benefited from federal and multinational presence).

Do you see me feeling funky and telling you what to do with yours? No. Anambra and Abia are far from perfect.

Stay in your lane, we stay in ours. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

100 likes.

The 5 SW governors should band together to wipe out the poverty that is pervasive in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun States before mofos dish out their advice.

You write a whole lot of gibberish more often than not....

What is the relationship between FG using 2NB as a perpetual political campaign tool and the rubbish you wrote here?

Grow up girl...

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

You write a whole lot of gibberish more often than not....

What is the relationship between FG using 2NB as a perpetual political campaign tool and the rubbish you wrote here?

Grow up girl...

Ignore my 'gibberish' posts and stop quoting me then!

Mind your business and we will mind ours.Why does this simple fact fly over your heads? undecided
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

Bla bla bla bla. Abia and Anambra have the highest concentration of banks after Lagos and Rivers (states that have highly benefited from federal and multinational presence).

Do you see me feeling funky and telling you what to do with yours? No. Anambra and Abia are far from perfect.

Stay in your lane, we stay in ours. Simple!
Conclusion: Your impression of poverty in Osun State is misguided.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
gurnam:

National theatre? Are you this dumb? Who goes there these days? We wanted to take it over ..the FG refused. There are cinemas scattered all over the state....a brand new one is under construction in Apapa right now ...close to Apapa club...

National stadium....we have a better stadium directly opposite that now.

Mainland bridge? Are you smoking? Which bridge is that?

You had better escape from that village to get enlightened.

I gbadun this post no be small...

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
I love this ''Ba7man" of a guy, he's like the only non bigoted Yoruba on this forum. Keep it up bro wink
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2013

The main economic indicator in any society is their IGR and budgets. So far, Osun state generates more in IGR than all their states and Osun's budgets doubles anambra, enugu, ebonie and abia.

This same abia generates measly N346 million monthly, Anambra generates N450 million monthly while Osun generates over N1 billion.

Figures don't lie so we know who's really poor. These states have nothing going on in terms of projects and visionary goals like building this Niger bridge for one reason and the reason is money?

What can you do with N8-100 billion yearly budget and measly N350-450 million monthly IGR?

They are all functionally poor and incapacitated.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by veraponpo(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
Our Igbo brothers make me laugh when they compare any Igbo land with Yoruba land. Pls note that Yoruba lands (state or cities) are miles ahead of Igboland. It did not just start,it has always been like that and so shall it be. Check it out in terms of the following: Industrialiation, bank concentration, private universities concentration, business concentration,developments,IGR,budgets,new projects,pre-colonization,post colonization before civil war, post civilization after civil war, current level of growth economic and infranstructural,etc . Pls let our igbo brothers compare themselves with the North but for the SouthWest,we can never be in the same class even by land mass.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
plaindealer:

The main economic indicator in any society is their IGR and budgets. So far, Osun state generates more in IGR than all their states and Osun's budgets doubles anambra, enugu, ebonie and abia.

This same abia generates measly N346 million monthly, Anambra generates N450 million monthly while Osun generates over N1 billion.

Figures don't lie so we know who's really poor. These states have nothing going on in terms of projects and visionary goals like building this Niger bridge for one reason and the reason is money?

What can you do with N8-100 billion yearly budget and measly N350-450 million monthly IGR?

They are all functionally poor and incapacitated.
But on a real note, those Eastern states mentioned actually have a lot of economic activities but the citizens don't have a habit of paying taxes to increase their their IGR.

If they did, their IGR might actually end up being high.

That's why I'll recommend an APC Governor for them.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
INNOisBACK: I love this ''Ba7man" of a guy, he's like the only non bigoted Yoruba on this forum. Keep it up bro wink
Thank you very much. I try my best to kill the bigot in me.........sometimes it reveals itself, sometimes it stays hidden.

Its a struggle trying to see from both sides.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: But on a real note, those Eastern states mentioned actually have a lot of economic activities but the citizens don't have a habit of paying taxes to increase their their IGR.

If they did, their IGR might actually end up being high. That's why I'll recommend an APC Governor for them.

Obvious laziness and administrative incompetence..

But how do you explain their measly budgets? Anambra is N110 billion, enugu is N82 billion, eboyin is N104 billion and abia is N134 billion

Osun state is N183 billion.

In terms is budgets, Osun trumps them all

In terms of IGR, Osun trumps them all....

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
plaindealer:

But how do you explain their measly budgets? Anambra is N110 billion, enugu is N82 billion, eboyin is N104 billion and abia is N134 billion

Now that's the proof that they need APC magic to boost their IGR figures and unlock those State's full potentials.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by jamace(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin Nigeria don suffer. Even those who ra.ped her are weeping for her. Na wa o. shocked shocked
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by atlwireles: 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
kel4soft: Amaechi is the only Governor making noise on east-west road, PH Airport, refund FG roads constructed with state money like PH-Owerrin road, Ada George, East West Flyover, Eleme Junction, Old Aba Road. The FG is really absent in South-South and nobody dare speak against him or else you are term disloyal. Thank God, my state is no longer a PDP state.

What state is that angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: Now that's the proof that they need APC magic to boost their IGR figures and unlock those State's full potentials.

I'm sure the potential is there and it's more than possible to tap it.

But who is going to pay and who is going to collect?

The fact is, they don't care and the likes on NL also careless because they are too preoccupied with other Osun and other places outside their borders.. They don't question their leaders but instead they question Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola and so on..
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
plaindealer:

but how does this tranform to quality living as last time I checked poverty was walking in two legs in osun. People were rioting over ewa and amala and has the cbn cashless policy arrived oshun state yet?

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
but how does this tranform to quality living as last time I checked poverty was walking in two legs in osun. People were rioting over ewa and amala and has the cbn cashless policy arrived oshun state yet?

Your id1ocy is walking on four legs.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:

1. People leave their homes and environment for greener pastures and good quality of life and I don't see the people of Osun leaving their state for any of your towns and villages and in fact, it's the other way around. This is common sense, not that people like you have any though..

2. And this cashless BS got what to do with your lousy budgets and IGR? This allows your poor states to execute and commission what projects that they have'haven't commissioned since when?

3. Please let knowledgeable people from your village speak on your behalf because ignorants and low intellects like you give them a bad name..

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
plaindealer:

1. People leave their homes and environment for greener pastures and good quality of life and I don't see the people of Osun leaving their state for any of your towns and villages and in fact, it's the other way around. This is common sense, not that people like you have any though..

2. And this cashless BS got what to do with your lousy budgets and IGR? This allows your poor states to execute and commission what projects that they have'haven't commissioned since when?

3. Please let knowledgeable people from your village speak on your behalf because ignorants and low intellects like you give them a bad name..

which igbo people are migrating to oshun habitat? What projects are being executed and commissioned in oshun with their budget? opon imo? how will understand what cashless policy from CBN mean when you are from oshun cave. Please name 5 industries in oshun. You think we are discussing amala here.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
90% of oshun people live on less than 50cents a day and you are here talking budget nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2013

They need to learn to paint their houses. The lack of it makes them appear poor.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe: which igbo people are migrating to oshun habitat?

The question was, if your towns are village are not knee deep in poverty, why not stay there instead of looking for greener pastures in other areas of the country specifically Hausaland and Yoruba land?

Poverty means lack of money and resources so why leave the comfort of your own home to look for it elsewhere if you have a whole lot of it.

What projects are being executed and commissioned in oshun with their budget? opon imo? how will understand what cashless policy from CBN mean when you are from oshun cave. Please name 5 industries in oshun. You think we are discussing amala here.

[b]Nigeria's major income earner is Oil and next is cocoa @ $1 billion yearly and Osun remains 2nd the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria, that alone trumps whatever crumbs you call industries in your towns and villages.

Btw, even with your imaginary industries, how come you people still leave that place for greener pasture elsewhere in Yorubaland and Hausaland?

About your meaningless cashless nonsense, is it going to help this crying man in abia build the niger bridge he's crying over? I don't think so because it's nothing but another meaningless jargon.. Your IGR is pitiful and your budgets are still lousy and pathetic..

Your leaders are crying over a little bridge you've been begging to have built for 30 years while ordinary Lagos built many within a single administration.

Osun is handling a 218 kilometre road project at the cost of N16.62 billion while your leaders are moping over a little bridge

The fact is, it doesn't matter how sad and pathetic you cut and dice it, you can not perform beyond your pocket and your states are sadly poor and economically restrained... [/b]

8 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe: 90% of oshun people live on less than 50cents a day and you are here talking budget nonsense.

And your % came from where? Your a/sss? lol
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

Ignore my 'gibberish' posts and stop quoting me then!

Mind your business and we will mind ours.Why does this simple fact fly over your heads? undecided

Why are you getting all worked up....this is NL politics section...keep your emotions in check!

Everything here is up for discussion....if you want us to mind our business ....keep it away from NL and let it remain in your numerous igbo kwenu numerous sites.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why are you getting all worked up....this is NL politics section...keep your emotions in check!

Everything here is up for discussion....if you want us to mind our business ....keep it away from NL and let it remain in your numerous igbo kwenu numerous sites.

Worked up for what? Simple English - ignore my 'gibberish' and face front rather than spew trash.

You are still blowing grammar. undecided
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Abagworo(m): 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Abagworo....I don't expect you to be giving this kind of excuse.

Can't the states come together...including Delta?

Its no excuse son but reality. I won't pay a dime from my pocket for that bridge unless we've decided to break Nigeria and declare the bridge an "Igbo bridge" or "Southcentral bridge".
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The current minister of works seems to be over-concentrated on federal road projects along the Edo axis to score cheap political gains in Edo local politics. The speed at which federal govt roads in that axis is being executed is unprecedented. He said the second Niger Bridge will be built through PPP and that work will start soon but that soon seems unending. The southeast politicians on the other hand dont seem to make so much noise about projects in this region. With several competing demands and very scarce resources in this country, every state/region has to keep making noise about its needs or you'll be forgotten. Was it not after the president was asked about the Lagos-Ibadan road during the presidential media chat that action was taken on that road? I know Peter Obi has been pushing for the second Niger Bridge but I cant say same about other politicians from the region. The minister of works should fast-forward work on the second Niger Bridge otherwise I will stone him the next time I see him.

Haha...reality is finally setting in! Please stay clear of Edo State, We know what belongs to 'us' and when we go for it we do not play politics of money bag with it!

Go figure out, every administration since the democratic dispensation even from the era of Buhari in PTF, (PTDF) always have two to three major federal highway completed and Jonathan's administration will not be different.

You people continue to fool yourself, and by the time reality sets in, you would be required visas and work permit to cross from either Asaba or Warri into Edo State and South West.

The second Niger bridge is a 2015 campaign tool and at the end, only a field survey will be done and the old bride will be painted green, white, green for your people! Meanwhile, your people should know that their cost of living in Edo State and any part of south west will now double and after 2015, it would be show your papers cool

I used to tolerate you lots and always thought we were on the same page, but no, we are not! You lots are bigots.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe: 90% of oshun people live on less than 50cents a day and you are here talking budget nonsense.

Leave Osun people out of this and face the reality that is biting you hard and fast! Go to the north, most project started by Obasanjo or Yar'dua is either moving at full speed, or having been completed.

You people have not seen anything yet!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abagworo:

Its no excuse son but reality. I won't pay a dime from my pocket for that bridge unless we've decided to break Nigeria and declare the bridge an "Igbo bridge" or "Southcentral bridge".

The plan as it is today is to let JB build the bridge with JB's money and let JB toll the bridge to recoup their money.

Bottom line, ibo people are going to reach down their narrow pockets and come up with JB's construction money, ibo people are paying for this bridge, not the rest of Nigeria including me. How hard is it to award direct contract and build this bridge for good? Obviously, they don't want it built for obvious political reasons.

This is nothing but another carrot they secure ibo votes with election after election so there is no sense in building this bridge and deny themselves this very important 30 year old leverage...

Even their National and local leaders care less including this crying man in abia...
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abagworo:

Abagworo, as one of the few sensible people from across the niger I observe on NL, I msut admit and tell you the truth that YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FROM YOUR POCKET TO BUILD second niger bridge!

Since the governors in your region are playing ethnic politics, castigating other regions, do not expect anything meaningful to be done with the second niger bridge. It is the campaign tool to get your people to vote for their Azikiwe in 2015 cool
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abagworo:

Well....wait for the bridge then.

Good luck to you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

United Nation Clears Biafran's Representative / Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? / Gov. Wike Face Today After Tinubu Told Him He Doesn't Owe Him Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.