Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (38998 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by BCELLS(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
Only God can combat FG and win...who is ASUU?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by greenPHP(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Who said ASSU are not being intellectuals? The learnt from this>>>>"In recent times,
we've seen the Association of
health workers embark in a strike
after FG failed to honor an
agreement it had with them. We've
seen Nasu embark in a strike due
the same dishonorable attitude."

That is why they wanted extra commitment from the fed govt. So GEJ should sign this thing if he is really sincere!!!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by idarakriz(f): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Its annoying wen u people mention d signing like its a small thing. The cbn is still struggling to improve the economy and u expect him to sign a continous binding agreement of 220b dat equals anoda countries gdp ratio! When dey hold dz kind of meeting people like d cbn governor don't think of the now,they consider d future unlike our lovely ASUU presido(esp with d forecast of decline in oil price internationally due to a new discovery. Besydz all dz while they've been striking how much good has it done sinz dey r so much of intellects without brains y don't dey decide to involeve foreign bodies that would sacre GeJ into abiding by d dictates of the treaty! Deep down we knw dat borth factions (FG and ASUU) r doing dz for their own selfish reasons dz is d battle of d most selfish! None of dem is too ryt or tooo wrong!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
unmask: you begin to wonder.....so because students say they are tired of staying at home they feel that is sufficient reason for them to call it off without a concrete agreement?...... ASUU isn't selfish, the selfish ones are the students and lecturers that have seen the level of decadence in our institutions but don't give a bleep because they have just 2 months left to spend in school or the lecturer that is desperate to return to handout selling......
We all have to make a decision.... is the 5months too much of a sacrifice to make for your institutions, yourself and the future generations?
I disagree with you there... Only the students can't keep sacrificing while the lecturers sacrifice nothing. Can you please tell me what ASUU has sacrificed? Please stop saying that the students are selfish. 5months no be beans nah!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by slimikenna(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU should just call off the strike, even if its for two months, let me defend my thesis and use my msc to go to the next 'thing' abeg.

anybody supporting this strike is obviously not a student or is benefiting from the strike.

ASUU has 4new demands

1.) the much publicised signing of the agreement by AGF et al

2.) no victimisation of lecturers [which includes their salaries for the past months which they did not work for].

3.) a not to be publicised 'personal' demand.

4.) the fg should pay all the promised money to a cbn account in two weeks.

as an msc student, i have assisted some of my lecturers to carry out some of their duties. i have read a detailed article on what the personal demand is all about. I have read a copy of the contentious 2009 agreement. And if anybody still thinks this strike is for the benefit of the student, think twice. my two cents sha.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Gogetta(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
The FG should make sure they have no money for christmas. Self centered mofos!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
i ws initially in support of ASUU bt ryt nw am against dis their selfish demand for 5mnths salary they didnt work for am begining to wonder weda ASUU themselves are bin sincere.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by DeNoble1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
shakur07: And nao i dey pity ASUU sha ..cos by monday d headline will change from "ASUU calls off d strike to. Strike calls off ASUU"""
I swear difficult time can actually bring out the creativity in Nigerians
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by oduason: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
greenPHP: If the fed govt kept to the 2009 agreement will ASSU go on strike?
Why are Nigerians not seeing the govt are fooling us.
I am a student and my school structure is like a poultry farm.
Govt don't want to pay that salary because they want to loot the poor lecturer's salary alone with the once they have looted from order sectors.....
Shine your eyes.
Thank you very much!at last one right thinking nigerian student,the others brains seem to be in reverse mode.To them ASUU is wicked to demand for a complete restructuring in the nigeria university sector.
They keep screaming they want to go back to school when they are still going to resume in the same shitty schools with dilapitated structures,outdated equipments,congested classrooms and so many other ills in their various universities.
All you educated illiterates should get this into your dull and rusty brains,ASUU is not fighting for increament in lecturers salaries but for the betterment of the nigerian education system,No nigerian university is among the top 5000 universities in the world!!that shows the depth at which the standard of education has fallen in this country.So be supportive and stop being ungrateful to the selfless and fearless ASUU members who are fighting for something you lots are too cowardly to embark on.You students are still going to be the biggest beneficiaries in the longrun.
Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bros forget it oh ...- I hate d feeling dah sum pple can b indispensable ...only. GOD is indispensable
Mazi_Omenuko:

No qualms. As long as GEJ would take up some classes for Zoology students, Okonjo-iweala does same for Eonomics students; likewise Sanusi Lamido, prof Jerry Gana, Prof Nebo and other politicians who are academics; no qualms.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
I believe ASUU made the wrong demands....probably if they had said they don't want money, but their only demand is that anybody holding a public office should send their wards to public institutions......then we can guage the FG's reaction......a simple if you want to serve the people, help us by gracing our institutions with your kids would have been great

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by yungryce: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
All these pple askn for the signatures of the attorney general & co on the agreement, if they get it & govt still dnt fulfil their part, wat nxt? Take F.G to court? Very funny bigots

U had d president of a country's word on an agreement but u rather respect a paper more.
Funny thing is, those same words they dnt regard is coming bck to bite them hard (all these greddy lecturers go wan loose their job plus all d egunje money wey dem dey collect)

Govt is insincere. We all knw that. So u decide to become insincere also. Well, two lefts/wrongs will never make a right

Thieves also want to be paid for work they didnt do wen FG don use their money do other things.

Make una keep supportin ASUU cuz if ur papa say im no go show u interest, ur mama too go follow am too throway face abi?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
people supporting f.g on did same matter are very stupid.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
I million likes
B_CELLS: Only God can combat FG and win...who is ASUU?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by MaziOmenuko: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ugosample: Let us be objective here. If ASUU is a serious body, why didn't they give the demand of cbn gov. Aod the rest to sign DURING the .13 hour meeting. Why AFTER the meeting? @mazi answer this question.

The officials that sat with the president during the 13 hour meeting had to reach out to other chapters of ASUU to pass the result of the meeting to them; collate their individual suggestion before embarking on the next step. The collective vote of other ASUU members was glaring; they were satisfied with the presidents proposal and agreed the strike would be called only when the 'verbal' proposal is turned to a binding document. This can only be done with the signature of the attorney general, together with the ministry of finance (they will provide the fund) and the cbn (they will bank the fund).

So the executives, after mourning their fallen hero, reached out to the govt with this agreement. Simple!

What's hard for the FG to direct the cbn, finance minister and attorney general to sign that which it already agreed to implement

Beats me!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
yungryce: All these pple askn for the signatures of the attorney general & co on the agreement, if they get it & govt still dnt fulfil their part, wat nxt? Take F.G to court? Very funny bigots

U had d president of a country's word on an agreement but u rather respect a paper more.
Funny thing is, those same words they dnt regard is coming bck to bite them hard (all these greddy lecturers go wan loose their job plus all d egunje money wey dem dey collect)

Govt is insincere. We all knw that. So u decide to become insincere also. Well, two lefts/wrongs will never make a right

Thieves also want to be paid for work they didnt do wen FG don use their money do other things.

Make una keep supportin ASUU cuz if ur papa say im no go show u interest, ur mama too go follow am too throway face abi?
shut up fool , was it not f.g insincerity that made them go on strike .
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by slimikenna(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
odua son: Thank you very much!at last one right thinking nigerian student,the others brains seem to be in reverse mode.To them ASUU is wicked to demand for a complete restructuring in the nigeria university sector.
They keep screaming they want to go back to school when they are still going to resume in the same shitty schools with dilapited structures,outdated equipments,congested classrooms and so many other ills in their various universities.
All you educated illiterates should get this into your dull and rusty brains,ASUU is not fighting for increament in lecturers salaries but for the betterment of the nigerian education system,No nigerian university is among the top 5000 universities in the world!!that shows the rate at which the standard of education is falling in this country.So be supportive and stop being ungrateful to the people who are fighting for something you lots are to cowardly to embark on.You people are still going to be the biggest beneficiaris in the longrun.
Nuff said

you are way off the mark if you say ASUU is not fighting for increase in salaries. they have already been given some billions to share for their allowances...and they still want soo much MORE. wake up bro and smell the coffee.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Miner13: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
TribalEAST: Nasir faggae looks UGLY.

but can nurse your family
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ds is jus greediness on d part of ASUU...d students don sufffer dia own part also. Dey shu b. Ready to make sum sacrifices. .Shey d students house rents for five months will be given to dem ni ....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Babymontana(f): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
unmask: No wonder some most students are the way they are, when they have lecturers like that......so they are trying to say they went on strike for 5 months so as to have a meeting with Jonathan for a verbal agreement? While the man was busy attending birthday parties and luncheons of people that add no value to the country......you begin to wonder.....so because students say they are tired of staying at home they feel that is sufficient reason for them to call it off without a concrete agreement?......this students have at most 7 yrs to spend in a university, however the structure and facilities would be used to cater for future generations long after these present crop of students are long gone....yet they say it is meaningless....ASUU isn't selfish, the selfish ones are the students and lecturers that have seen the level of decadence in our institutions but don't give a bleep because they have just 2 months left to spend in school or the lecturer that is desperate to return to handout selling......ASUU is not wicked, no, but the federal government is. They have their children in far better schools all over the world, but don't deem it fit to build the ones at home........If ASUU calls off their strike without getting the FG to commit, then we can all start our countdown to the death of education in Nigeria........all your great ife, great uite slogans will give way to a more befitting greatest babcockite , great convenant etc....and it won't be because they got better but because you got worse..........
We all have to make a decision.... is the 5months too much of a sacrifice to make for your institutions, yourself and the future generations? Our fathers failed to fight for us and they had it good then....now imagine if you fail to take a stand for your kids? We have an enemy and it isn't ASUU it is the government that has neglected our institutions, the same government that allowed lecturers become gods over students, same government that turned failed to checkmate the excesses of lecturers.........................

The road to revival is long and the journey is tough......either way we must move now or never.....but the main thing is taking the first step which ASUU is doing
.mtsheew.all u jus said is gibberish.d annoyn part was when u said is five month too much to sacrifice 4 ur institution.do u kn how many students have died since d strike started?do u know what 6 months can do in a student life.fg hs acceptd d agreement yet dy brought a new clause i.e four months salary shuld be paid.i was suporting ASUU at first bt i v realizd that dey are selfish and greedy
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by safarigirl(f): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
slimikenna: ASUU should just call off the strike, even if its for two months, let me defend my thesis and use my msc to go to the next 'thing' abeg.

anybody supporting this strike is obviously not a student or is benefiting from the strike.

ASUU has 4new demands

1.) the much publicised signing of the agreement by AGF et al

2.) no victimisation of lecturers [which includes their salaries for the past months which they did not work for].

3.) a not to be publicised 'personal' demand.

4.) the fg should pay all the promised money to a cbn account in two weeks.

as an msc student, i have assisted some of my lecturers to carry out some of their duties. i have read a detailed article on what the personal demand is all about. I have read a copy of the contentious 2009 agreement. And if anybody still thinks this strike is for the benefit of the student, think twice. my two cents sha.
it's people like this that are calling ASUU selfish. Your own is just for them to call it off for 2 months so YOU can defend YOUR thesis, fuq all the other students who aren't on the verge of graduation, once you've graduated, ASUU can strike for 3 years if they like. Ask the #TeamASUUcalloffstrike and all you'll hear is "I want to graduate....I've not written 1st semester exam...age is not on my side...." selfish reasons. The FG, ASUU and students are ALL selfish
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
odua son: Thank you very much!at last one right thinking nigerian student,the others brains seem to be in reverse mode.To them ASUU is wicked to demand for a complete restructuring in the nigeria university sector.
They keep screaming they want to go back to school when they are still going to resume in the same shitty schools with dilapited structures,outdated equipments,congested classrooms and so many other ills in their various universities.
All you educated illiterates should get this into your dull and rusty brains,ASUU is not fighting for increament in lecturers salaries but for the betterment of the nigerian education system,No nigerian university is among the top 5000 universities in the world!!that shows the rate at which the standard of education is falling in this country.So be supportive and stop being ungrateful to the people who are fighting for something you lots are to cowardly to embark on.You people are still going to be the biggest beneficiaris in the longrun.
Nuff said
you've said it all. am a student also but the infrastructure in this our schools is bad and something must happen. am fully behind ASUU .
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Den yhu r more silly den
Tadon200: people supporting f.g on did same matter are very stupid.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by idarakriz(f): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
What aam I even saying, this varsity groups can be so selfish, see my school dere was a riot what was d cause toped prices, new fees and what have u, a community of dat population paying such amount does d government want to get revenue from students too? The state government gave the school 10mill for damges not worth 400k and the school has asked for another surcharge,and they are still d first to join d strike after all doz money! If ASUU is soo ryt y r universities calling off? Negotiations r done with compromises and tactics are changed or renewed!Damn
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Yask2guy:
I disagree with you there... Only the students can't keep sacrificing while the lecturers sacrifice nothing. Can you please tell me what ASUU has sacrificed? Please stop saying that the students are selfish. 5months no be beans nah!
They are sacrificing themselves, what happens if the FG sacks them all like it was done in ilorin and I think in rivers?.......they have nothing to fall back on, and would most likely be forced to start from scratch......my point is ASUU isn't the enemy, the FG is......their language of comprehension is strike, this is something we all know.......I feel students should lend their voice to the same cry even if it is not for the pay of the lecturers, but for the funding of the schools (which is my only interest in the strike)....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nauttyprof(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:

42= x/100(60) qives you 42=60x/100

Cross multiply, you have 60x=100 * 42

>>>x=100 times 42/60

=70% of ASUU memebrs actually voted in favour of the strike to end
Am i right?

Where your mates dey think of how to solve serious mathematical and technical problems, you dey here dey form James Bond on yeye calculation wey no add value to the strike.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
U knw wah u can stay @home. For d rest of ur life sef..don't even bother resuming after d strike sef
Tadon200:
you've said it all. am a student also but the infrastructure in this our schools is bad and something must happen. am fully behind ASUU .
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by shakur07(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bur I tink all ur rants r uncalled for nao until FG. Fails in her promise to ASUU
unmask: They are sacrificing themselves, what happens if the FG sacks them all like it was done in ilorin and I think in rivers?.......they have nothing to fall back on, and would most likely be forced to start from scratch......my point is ASUU isn't the enemy, the FG is......their language of comprehension is strike, this is something we all know.......I feel students should lend their voice to the same cry even if it is not for the pay of the lecturers, but for the funding of the schools (which is my only interest in the strike)....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
They are always the first to condemn ASUU ,yet when they graduate and they discovetr their is nothing but shit outside Nigeria. even Benin republic can't accept it, then you know was up. FOOLS.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Bolurx(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
When we start dying one by one, we will definitely call of the strike. - One Lecturer
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Miner13: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It doesn't make much difference. Some of what I wrote so far might not be the exact words spoken during the programme but all in all, the meanings are the same.

Whether the ASUU president was invited and failed to show up or the ASUU president deliberately made himself unavailable are one and the same. If he had any important thing to say or clarification to make, why didn't he call in through Channelstv hotline while the programme was still on?

Bottomline, Channelstv wanted him on the show but he didn't show up. Simple!

No! No!! No!!!

They have different meaning

will you say somebody in coma and another person dead mean the samething?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

The referendum still stands; ASUU isn't pusyfooting nor adding more request. All they want is that the agreement be signed, not just by the FG but by both the Finance minister, cbn governor Nlc chairman; as well as immediate provision of an account with cbn with an initial fund from the FG to show it means business.

What is hard in that?
Bro
In one of the chapters' congress to consider the president's offer on the 11th of November, someone came up with such a condition and he was laughed upon. The Chapter president said, 'it will be ridiculous to ask those people to sign after the president has signed'. Therefore it was not part of the communique.

Why ask those people to sign when the president has signed? It is like undermining the position of the president who they work for.
He gave them 13 hours and his word as a president.

ASUU NEC are trying to play God.
You won't accept that if you were the president.

Go check some of the things you did as the commander in chief of the NYSC thread and extrapolate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG / Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.