Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe (538 Views)

Soe To Quit Nairaland By Midnight / Seven Operations That Will Annihilate Boko Haram - Soe / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2013
Oshiomole was only being blinded by his sincere passion for a law abiding citizenry, apparently he had told the environmental officers to do the job, but they failed. In a bid to teach them their job, he tried to display utmost facelessness of the law and incorruptibility. I understand that the only aspect people saw he did wrong was to say "Go and Die", but just as he clearly explained later, people chose to be myopic in their interpretation.

IN DEFENCE
GO and DIE - was from a sentence that fully reads, "I have been saying you people should leave the road and use the shops because this could cause serious accidents and deaths of maybe you or an innocent pedestrian, and yet you say you are a widow, if you are a widow and you wish to kill yourself then Go and Die, but not on this road, not under my watch, I have tried my best as a governor to create shops anyway" That was the actual interpretation especially observed from the entire law enforcement trek.

MY ADVICE
Now, the question is this, even if a citizen says "I want to kill myself", should the Governor or Leader say "go ahead and die"? No, show some compassion, find out there and then, what the pain is about,,,do not just teach the Social and Welfare Task force how to enforce the law, but teach them how to show love, compassion, and concern, let them know that their job is to escalate matters of serious concerns to the relevant agency.

It would have been a different news if Oshiomole had said "Hey, seize her goods now. Oh, so as a widow, you think I will let you Go and Die? You must be joking, by the way, what have you eaten today? come to my office, I want to hear your story, where is my P.A, please put this woman in my convoy, we need to rehabilitate her, you said your husband was a police?" when our leaders show love, the followers will obey the rules out of love, and the police would have no job to do.

This woman voted for OSHIOMOLE, youhe is the father of the state,for the rich and poor, the homeless and hopeless. For many people, the day they meet the Governor one on one will be a miraculous and treasurable moment of their live, i know how OBJ (despite the mixed feelings people have for him) would have handled this environmental cleaning trek. Not only will Baba Iyabo shout at them, but he will confisticate their goods, and after that, he will eat what they are eating and dance with them, probably carry up a child, talk to them like an angry father, and ...you know...everyone would be so confused about whether this man is wicked or nice...but the goal has been achieved.

OSHIOMOLE has learnt from his mistake, but to be honest, what we need in Nigeria today is utmost rule of law and discipline. Although the Govt. must be seen to have done everything to ensure there is actually no need to break the law in the first place. We shall all account on the Last day, so I don't envy our leaders at all. Judgment awaits all.

-SOE
Re: In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe by Haryortech: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2013
Wu x soe??......stupid man called oshiomole.....oloriburuku,weyrey.....ao cud a normal humanbin address a widow lik dat He x heartlxx...........i nver frget ooooo,and man na widow too ooo........ugli tins! Al d same na end tym tins
Re: In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe by BishopMagic: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2013
OP this is for you, Osho and the whole useless APC e-touts here

Re: In Defence Of Oshiomole - Soe by DrABCD: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
apc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obiano: Anambra’s Surprise Man / Atiku Abubakar Calls For Two–party System / Iyabo Obasanjo Writes Father: Calls Him Liar, Manipulator, Hypocrite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.