Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,105 members, 7,845,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Siasia's Final List, No Uche! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia's Final List, No Uche! (736 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Lionel Messi Drops Out Of Forbes Top 10 Most Valuable Athletes List… No.1 Won’t / Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by Jarus(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2008
The news that Siasia has named his final list without uche dealt me a big blow. I had believed Uche will be our answer to Messi,Babel etc,but Uche was not relaesed by Getafe, leaving us with a bunch untested, though unpredictable ,players(minus Osaz).

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=2283
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by vichel(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2008
yea i had hoped uche wud be included in the list, at least to give us a fearsome look, but d current players on list aint bad @ all, i cant 4 d olympics to start, i have high hopes 4 these lads
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by Ibime(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hmmm . . . not sure about this list. Happy Ogbuke is in the squad as well as Osaze and Taiwo. Even Kelvin Etuhu of Man City should be able to make the squad. Goalkeeper department looks a bit light as well. Mikel should be here regardless of his no-shows. I do not see Argentina requesting Messi for Olympic qualifiers so I don't know why Naija keep persisting in forcing Mikel to show for qualifiers. I would have also liked to see Eromoigbe there as well as Yakubu Alfa from the Under-17's. Anyway lets see. . . .
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by chidichris(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
I AM A TYPICAL NIGERIAN. I VE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LIST RATHER THEIR PERFORMANCE AND POSSIBLY THE CUP COMING BACK WITH THEM.
i know nigerians, if anything goes wrong over there, it is this same group that has given pass mark to the list that will call for siasia's head.
mikel is surposed to be part of the list. he is only a player and no one expects him to honour all super eagles calls, honour that of the under 23 and still that of chelsea where he is strugling with world stars.
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by opokonwa(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2008
kai!
Now that is a blow!
Who else would be a natural forward for these boys?!
Osaze can try but he is not as devastating as Uche embarassed
If Messi can be released by his club and Ronaldinho by his club, why not Uche?
Oh boy! This beats me! undecided
I didn't flinch when Mikel was excluded from the list but now, Uche, Nigeria may really miss him! cry cry
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by Olaolufred(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2008
I really will miss the absence of IKE UCHE.
He would have been our Joker in the tournament.
However, the list is not Bad. We still have hope.
Uche's absence is NFA non-chalancy.
I stand to say that whether this team performs or not,
The non-inclusion of Obi Mikel is still a good omen.
I wish them a well encouraging tournament.
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by grandjedi(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2008
Aw, no. . . ! I was hoping to see the guy in action. And he's in sparkling form currently. One can't help but feel that the NFA could have done better. Read somewhere that his club Getafe claimed it was only the player that was pushing for being released and that NFA didn't send any official request.

Anyhow, with Siasia at the helm of affairs I know they'll do well. But winning the gold without the firepower of Ike Uche and the experience of Enyeama is what I don't know.
Re: Siasia's Final List, No Uche! by 9ja4eva: 12:39am On Jul 25, 2008
Olaolufred:

I really will miss the absence of IKE UCHE.
He would have been our Joker in the tournament.
However, the list is not Bad. We still have hope.
Uche's absence is NFA non-chalancy.
I stand to say that whether this team performs or not,
The non-inclusion of Obi Mikel is still a good omen.
I wish them a well encouraging tournament.

Simple

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Deadline Day Deal In History. What They Say? / Can The Premier League Be Like The Premiership? / Mikel Obi Arrested For Drink-driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.