Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices (56270 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by omolomolarinero: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Guys, I heard Etisalat is rocking on Android oooo, a friend just told me so and he said it's 1k for 3 gig. Pls can anyone confirm this?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by haibe(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by tosnat: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
omolomolarinero: Guys, I heard Etisalat is rocking on Android oooo, a friend just told me so and he said it's 1k for 3 gig. Pls can anyone confirm this?

You please confirm.

Thanks
Waiting
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by haibe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
One guys comment on Airtels Facebook page, lmfao...lol.

Whoever advised airtel to block this just helped
them make their worst market decision, maybe it
will interest you to know that MOST smart phone
users joined your network because of this. If you
are taking it away, we can as well go back to our
previous networks. SORRY FOR AIRTEL. better start
sourcing for new buyers, maybe your name will
change to WATACOM now. nonsense!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by physise(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
haibe: One guys comment on Airtels Facebook page, lmfao...lol.

Whoever advised airtel to block this just helped
them make their worst market decision, maybe it
will interest you to know that MOST smart phone
users joined your network because of this. If you
are taking it away, we can as well go back to our
previous networks. SORRY FOR AIRTEL. better start
sourcing for new buyers, maybe your name will
change to WATACOM now. nonsense!
LMAO gringringrin PEOPLE DEY VEX
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by haibe(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
physise: LMAO gringringrin PEOPLE DEY VEX

as in ehn... dem vex gan
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ojesoj(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
omolomolarinero: Guys, I heard Etisalat is rocking on Android oooo, a friend just told me so and he said it's 1k for 3 gig. Pls can anyone confirm this?
could someone confirm this please
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by joshikenna1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2013

Confirm Abeg
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Dotunwa(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
**SAD**
To say i wanna subscribe today! #1500 airtel recharge cards up for sale. Call 08035099868
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Alfred234(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
I saw dis post on Facebook

A friend of mine from airtel said it was not in their
intention to stop it. as a matter of fact they were
happy because in the past month, their Internet
revenue has exceeded every other telecom company
in Nigeria due to their wider 3g coverage.
Etisalat and and MTN filled a petition against them
for unfair competition so they were given until next
year to stop the service.... I guess its not Airtel's wish 2 stop d service buh God go punish MTN & Etisalat 4 dis
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfred234: I saw dis post on Facebook

year to stop the service.... I guess its not Airtel's wish 2 stop d service buh God go punish MTN & Etisalat 4 dis
Thunder go fire them cry
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Rexyl(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
They should be prepared for drop in their revenue
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by haibe(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfred234: I saw dis post on Facebook

What then is competition if they can't use yhis bis as an edge,nothing like unfair competition here,etisalat and mtn can also decide to allow it.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by haibe(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Etisalat shouldn't even been complaining about unfair competition with all the awoooof they are always doing to draw customers.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
henchyk: The crowd had slowed down Airtel's network miserably the past few months and i don't blame them because their network used to be the fastest before this bb on android thing came up and probably will become the fastest again after the 3rd of December when they flush us all out. Seems like Airtel is finally willing to sacrifice quantity for quality and i think the decision is the best for them in the long-term.

Its just that the whole thing isn't funny to us android users in an economical challenging country. The network providers are also not making things easy for us with their outrageous internet prices. Data is going to be like gold from now onwards. No more spending hours on instagram and YouTube. No more downloading movies and series anyhow your papa na dangote? No more playing around on the internet and infact i think this decision will help a lot of students and other people like me who were practically on the verge of making the internet our second home. Data connot waste.

But i have a feeling internet prices will come down soon. This dreadful condition just can't possibly linger for to long. For now we just need to manage. And btw after the 3rd im still going to keep my airtel sims and subscribe with them, because their speed will be jet-like after that date, and their normal internet plans are still a bit cheaper than those of other networks. The only reasonable post from an Android user so far. Airtel network was the fastest b4 bis for android even their edge then was faster than mtn 3g when android started using it airtel network became slow that even with 3g u will be struggling to open ordinary Facebook Mobile page. And another thing is airtel are the one losing by allowing android users to use their bis on their phone because it does not go through bb server as blackberry phones does. So for me airtel know what they are doing because they were losing the real customer like banks, companies and organisations that uses their Internet.

Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
henchyk: The crowd had slowed down Airtel's network miserably the past few months and i don't blame them because their network used to be the fastest before this bb on android thing came up and probably will become the fastest again after the 3rd of December when they flush us all out. Seems like Airtel is finally willing to sacrifice quantity for quality and i think the decision is the best for them in the long-term.

Its just that the whole thing isn't funny to us android users in an economical challenging country. The network providers are also not making things easy for us with their outrageous internet prices. Data is going to be like gold from now onwards. No more spending hours on instagram and YouTube. No more downloading movies and series anyhow your papa na dangote? No more playing around on the internet and infact i think this decision will help a lot of students and other people like me who were practically on the verge of making the internet our second home. Data connot waste.

But i have a feeling internet prices will come down soon. This dreadful condition just can't possibly linger for to long. For now we just need to manage. And btw after the 3rd im still going to keep my airtel sims and subscribe with them, because their speed will be jet-like after that date, and their normal internet plans are still a bit cheaper than those of other networks. The only reasonable post from an Android user so far. Airtel network was the fastest b4 bis for android even their edge then was faster than mtn 3g when android started using it airtel network became slow that even with 3g u will be struggling to open ordinary Facebook Mobile page. And another thing is airtel are the one losing by allowing android users to use their bis on their phone because it does not go through bb server as blackberry phones does. So for me airtel know what they are doing because they were losing the real customer like banks, companies and organisations that uses their Internet.

Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
The only reasonable post from an Android user so far. Airtel network was the fastest b4 bis for android even their edge then was faster than mtn 3g when android started using it airtel network became slow that even with 3g u will be struggling to open ordinary Facebook Mobile page. And another thing is airtel are the one losing by allowing android users to use their bis on their phone because it does not go through bb server as blackberry phones does. So for me airtel know what they are doing because they were losing the real customer like banks, companies and organisations that uses their Internet. Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sleekydee:

Bro I dnt tink so....check ur balance send 2 to 131....ur 1.5gb activates durin d day n deactivates at 9pm, n dats wen ur 3gb stats.....at d moment my 1.5gb is remainin 900mb while my 3gb is remainig 2.89gb......and for all seekin to kno more abt mtn nite plan, here is how it wrks once agn......load 2500k, send 102 to 131.......u get 4.5gb. 1.5gb cn b used durin d day; till 9pm. Then ur 3gb activates till 6am. So as long as u dnt exhaust ur 1.5gb, its safe to say u av a 24hrs plan NB: do not dwnload durin daytime, DO B TEMPTED. I hope evry1 undastands now, if u dnt, go n ask ifa
I just wonder if u have use this plan b4 because seriously u got it all wrong. Ur 1.5gig goes first and after that u can only browse at night and weekends Saturday and Sundays
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
cupid4ig: The only reasonable post from an Android user so far. Airtel network was the fastest b4 bis for android even their edge then was faster than mtn 3g when android started using it airtel network became slow that even with 3g u will be struggling to open ordinary Facebook Mobile page. And another thing is airtel are the one losing by allowing android users to use their bis on their phone because it does not go through bb server as blackberry phones does. So for me airtel know what they are doing because they were losing the real customer like banks, companies and organisations that uses their Internet. Nothing lasts forever.
why u dey reason like who dey worship baphomet?,u think banks and company are the real customers,people like u are suppose to be in cell with hard labour eating beans and bread twice a day,u think money is easy ehh,i am willing to borrow u my ipad so u will subscribe 100k for 250 mb and see for yourself,just bcus u cant afford an android or ios device dosent mean u should talk nonsense with that ur ugly mouth,poor people like u always have an opinion,i will pray and fast so u get banned from nairaland,am a student and i need cheap internet plans themsame for other nairalanders,if u re okay with 250mb for 1k suits u nigga!!!.stop poke nosing this thread is meant for non bb users,instead of u to be thinking on how to sell ur blackberry to buy a tecno phone,u are busy supporting airtel wey no care about u and your family.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
cupid4ig: The only reasonable post from an Android user so far. Airtel network was the fastest b4 bis for android even their edge then was faster than mtn 3g when android started using it airtel network became slow that even with 3g u will be struggling to open ordinary Facebook Mobile page. And another thing is airtel are the one losing by allowing android users to use their bis on their phone because it does not go through bb server as blackberry phones does. So for me airtel know what they are doing because they were losing the real customer like banks, companies and organisations that uses their Internet. Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by asiebu(m): 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=fabulousfortune]let us watch n see by next year any of this two network will go in this same bizness
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by sixone: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
markmira: why u dey reason like who dey worship baphomet?,u think banks and company are the real customers,people like u are suppose to be in cell with hard labour eating beans and bread twice a day,u think money is easy ehh,i am willing to borrow u my ipad so u will subscribe 100k for 250 mb and see for yourself,just bcus u cant afford an android or ios device dosent mean u should talk nonsense with that ur ugly mouth,poor people like u always have an opinion,i will pray and fast so u get banned from nairaland,am a student and i need cheap internet plans themsame for other nairalanders,if u re okay with 250mb for 1k suits u nigga!!!.stop poke nosing this thread is meant for non bb users,instead of u to be thinking on how to sell ur blackberry to buy a tecno phone,u are busy supporting airtel wey no care about u and your family.

na so dem just be. over bafomet son self. dem go just come Nairaland come spew trash. the fact they chose to remain stucked in BB os doesn't mean they should be jealous of those that upgraded to android or iOS. don't know where the hate is coming from tho.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by brigthak: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
360command: no, they will not be the big looser. This is how big networks will play their game. If every network are to allow it, simply because you want use 1 stone to kill 2 birds, the bb market will go down and no one will b on bb. Afterall, I can be using android and still be on bb world. Bro, 9ja network will not let this happen. They want to chop from both ends (bb and android). At the end ,you will be the fuckn looser.
Who are you fighting tooth & nail to rub cream on bb's badly damaged image? This is a battle u can never win. In ur interest, u must be geting more than the crapy bb device offers. And please stop using all those abusive words. Its just too childish.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by asiebu(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
markmira: why u dey reason like who dey worship baphomet?,u think banks and company are the real customers,people like u are suppose to be in cell with hard labour eating beans and bread twice a day,u think money is easy ehh,i am willing to borrow u my ipad so u will subscribe 100k for 250 mb and see for yourself,just bcus u cant afford an android or ios device dosent mean u should talk nonsense with that ur ugly mouth,poor people like u always have an opinion,i will pray and fast so u get banned from nairaland,am a student and i need cheap internet plans themsame for other nairalanders,if u re okay with 250mb for 1k suits u nigga!!!.stop poke nosing this thread is meant for non bb users,instead of u to be thinking on how to sell ur blackberry to buy a tecno phone,u are busy supporting airtel wey no care about u and your family.

See @mark even if they create plans for android user there network go still they run slowly, cause d number of tecno now way then on point pass blackberry, so what we talking about, well any how then do guys go still look for way 2 go cheap plan n even browser for freeeeeeeee, so any how airtel like make then do
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
stoned:
if na so send me 3000k mtn card eh and I will gv u a code that u will use to browse free for 3mnths

Lol better send me that code o. grin

Still downloading my videos. Data must not waste.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
HACKING MODE ACTIVATED!!! btw alot of broken members on this thread
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Alfred234(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
And some people were saying dat Airtel didn't knw we were using d BB plans like seriously? I have been using dis tin 4 more than 7months and u said dey didn't knw? Abeg make una go wash una brain jor this people used us 2 make money now dey want 2 dump us… Anyway am not begging dem 2 give us d BB plans back instead of dat dey should create fair data plans for we android users not dat 265mb for 1K crap dat tin can last me 3days & dey expect me 2 use it 4 a month? Hell no!!!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by packa(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Good news for bb users who wants to enjoy huge data @ a very cheap rate. You can connect it to your laptop and also use the hotspot on it to connect multiple devices. For android plans contact me via wats app: 08052514636 bb: 24EA56B7
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 12:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Q
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cupid4ig(m): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2013
this ediot that is using tecno m3 that want to swap sell it for 13k or swap with blackbery and with ur outdate ipad2 that u swapped with tecno phantom a+ is here making noise. No just let me start with u fool. Na poverty go kill u thats why u are looking for cheat. U get money to buy ipad yet u cant sub for ordinary data plan and u are here looking for cheat to browse ewu gambia
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Dumte(m): 2:25am On Dec 02, 2013
they will regret. God punish any staff that came up with this wicked idea.

Airtel must regret! I'm going back to MTN
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=asiebu][/quote]There'll surely be light at d end of d tunnel. Fingers crossed wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Download Latest 2go Version 5.0 / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.