Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

How Good Are You At Haggling - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Good Are You At Haggling (755 Views)

How Good Are You? / Lets Play A Game.. Hw Good Are U With Female Names??? / Price Bargain: How Good Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Are You At Haggling by Babymontana(f): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
I dont know why anytym i go to the market am alwz scared of bargaining with the seller.i dont go to the market alone anymore.i actualy go with a friend who z good at it.there was a day dad gave me 2k to buy a textbook.i went to d bookshop nd d guy told me 2k.i bought it 1800 whereas it ws sold for 1k.Dad insultd me die.i have bin cheated alot.are their others who doesnt kn how to bargain.plz share ur experience
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Idrismusty97(m): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
You no know how to price?.When you come Kaduna central market you must learn by force gringringrin.
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
I used to have the same issue too but with time I learnt. Here are some tips that might be of help to you.
When you are going to buy something you have never bought before, ask people who know about it or have an idea. They should be able to tell you the price. Then you will be able to negotiate without getting cheated.
Also always start from the minimum price. For example that book that the guy said 2000k, I have a friend who would have started negotiations from 500naira...so eventually when they both finally agree on a price, it is more than 500 and less than 2000.
Then when you go to the market for instance to buy foodstuffs and the first trader says it is so and so amount, you could just go round a bit to other traders too to just get an idea of the range of the price (because most times they sell at almost the same price) then you can start negotiating from the minimum amount after comparing prices. Plus don't forget the quality too is important. Don't go and buy meat filled with bones because it is cheaper.
I hope I have been able to help. smiley
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Babymontana(f): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
JustifiedChild: I used to have the same issue too but with time I learnt. Here are some tips that might be of help to you.
When you are going to buy something you have never bought before, ask people who know about it or have an idea. They should be able to tell you the price. Then you will be able to negotiate without getting cheated.
Also always start from the minimum price. For example that book that the guy said 2000k, I have a friend who would have started negotiations from 500naira...so eventually when they both finally agree on a price, it is more than 500 and less than 2000.
Then when you go to the market for instance to buy foodstuffs and the first trader says it is so and so amount, you could just go round a bit to other traders too to just get an idea of the range of the price (because most times they sell at almost the same price) then you can start negotiating from the minimum amount after comparing prices. Plus don't forget the quality too is important. Don't go and buy meat filled with bones because it is cheaper.
I hope I have been able to help. smiley
tank u dear.i will rly try all dis by going to market ds weekend.u v rly helped
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Incrizz(f): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
Not good at all. The mere thought of buying meat in the market place intimidates its craving out of me! I am so in love with price tags..embarassed
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Babymontana(f): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2013
@incrizz,u have to learn how to bargain o or else u will b cheatd alwz by dos market women
Re: How Good Are You At Haggling by Incrizz(f): 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Baby montana: @incrizz,u have to learn how to bargain o or else u will b cheatd alwz by dos market women
Babes you said it all.

(1) (Reply)

[Pictures] of Worlds Smelliest Man, 37 years without bath.! / Islam And Zombie Virus: What's Their Similarities And Differences On Humans? / ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.