Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan (36902 Views)

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2013
Efewestern:
fool
I agree with you sir,if that will put food on your table and feed your hunger stricken family. then no p.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Boscojugunu(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Jona applying wisdom in wike's foolishness.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Idowuogbo(f): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2013
Iaz93: [size=33]LWKMD[/size]

This one no be ASUU and FG again oh.

This is now Airheads Vs Dunderheads. gringrin

Everybody wan claim literate. gringrin

See as dem dey finish Mynd_44 gringrin
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
opylas:
It's posts lyk ds dat makes me wish thr were "dislike" & "go and die" buttons on NL
Mr, go and do the needful. you are a waste to this generation.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by mr9ceguy3413: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2013
honeric01: It seems Nairaland has just been hit by a new breed of sycophants, chei.

GEJ: I have met with you ASUU in person, so go and call off the strike

ASUU: 2009 Agreement is still fresh in our memory, your govt said our demands which you and your former boss (Yaradua) agreed to were unrealistic.

GEJ: Okay, out of the N500B yearly fund, we can provide you with N200B yearly.

ASUU: Okay, we have agreed, but we prefer there is a legal tender binding us this time around with signatures from you and also from the attorney general of the federation.

GEJ: So is my word not enough to serve as a bond?

ASUU: hehehe, once beaten, 10 times shy, no sir, since you believe you are capable of carrying out these agreements, kindly put to paper your signature, together with that of the attorney general of the federal so as to avoid stories that touch in the nearest future.

GEJ: So you mean i am a liar? you cant take my words abi? what arrant rubbish, infact if you don't resume in the next one week, i will sack all of you and replace you with new lecturers (hmmm lecturers from the moon or from mars?)

ASUU: Hehehehe, so you think you're talking to illiterates abi? okay, we dare you to sack us all.

GEJ: I never said i'd sack you all, it was said by em, em, em, the committee of V. Chancellors...... (LOL)

Sensible Nigerians: LOL, when did the presidency become the mouthpiece of the committee of V. Chancellors?

Wonders shall never end, the presidency was once the spokesman for MEND, now speaking for V. chancellors lol...

Perfect!

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by jelel6: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2013
mr president. You tried your best to diffuse the earlier declarations of "wike's''. But the damage has been done. Its now a lose-lose situation for you my president. And besides, what your minister declared was nothing short of an "ultimatum". December 4th is it? Ego and pride its at stakes. Perhaps, the most clever thing to do now is to invite ASUU to a meeting before the december 4th deadline, for a final stand. Although the FG'S threat was empty, but ASUU was definitely perturbed by the ultimatum. So this crucial meeting would not make you look like a lily-livered president. But someone who is democratic and always seek the middle course. And most importantly create a platform where both parties, (FG and ASUU) can amicably resolve thier differences and SAVE FACE.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by emsheddy(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013
Mynd_44: So he is realising he can't handle the path he towed right? Coward!!!!
and to think of the fact that this is a MOD talking beats me. NL is sure filled with more dundee united players than we thought. Smh to ur stupidity
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by onyeka205(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

I don't know why it is difficult for some of you to make logical deductions.

Why did the military fail against ASUU?

1) The had the support of Nigerians.
2) ASUU was united in it's fight against the military.
3)They had the support of students too and the military was seen as the oppressive party.

Why will GEJ's ultimatum succeed?

1) ASUU has lost the sympathy of Nigerians.
2) ASUU as a union is divided into several factions now and the government took advantage of that opportunity.
3)They have lost the support of the students and ASUU is being viewed as the oppressive party here.

*sigh* Must we teach y'all everything?? sad

The President has said it in clear term that he never gave ultimatum to ASUU so which ultimatum are you talking of here?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by jelel6: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2013
mr president, you did your best to try to diffuse the situation with your clever speech. And yes.. What your minister declared was clearly an ultimatum. And wrongly so. An ultimatum never brings good results. It only make the other fellow not want to do what you want but the very opposite.even if is the wrong option. The president have cleverly dissociate himself from the december 4th ultimatum decision makers, the minister and the council vc's. Ego and pride is at stake at this point. Both of the fg and ASUU. Perhaps the clever thing to do now is to invite the leadership of ASUU to a crucial meeting which is to be held before the december 4 deadline. Let ASUU feel that democracy and not threat influenced thier final decision. This would not make the president look weak, it would rather regard him as a true democrat and mediator. Thereby providing the platform for both parties (FG and ASUU) to resolve thier differences and make all parties SAVE FACE.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Sohot1(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The problem with NL is that it is filled with too many dunces. What did the president say differently? So you cant understand simple English. He is talking procedure. That is a man who knows due process and rule of law and makes his statement accordingly. Where you expecting him to talk like an illiterate Buhari. grin grin grin

He just told you procedure. That is how the information flows. Even when it is the president's directive, it doesnt have to be issued by the president. He didnt tell you that the report was wrong or that he was not in support. He told you due process and how it works. Most of you are not used to having an educated president so you always expect to hear "go and die"! grin

How did Buhari come into the picture now?

Must u insult him?

BIG FOOL!....
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Johnsinia(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2013
DEC 4th OPERATION NO RESUME GET SACK STILL STAND

I dnt knw whether anybody is seeing what i am seeing: Mr. President came up to excuse the FG's image from what is abt to take place on Dec 4th and also paint a self centered image of ASUU. The truth of the matter is that many lecturers including Nasir Faege n all ASUU chairman across the universities chapters will lose their job *facts.* As 4 lectures to begin this year 4get it. The unis VCs will actively use the whole of Dec for recruiting new lectures both frm home n abroad. To me this is a gud development, bc am tired of all ds ASUU politicians in our institutns and dats y d minister want to get rid of dem frm d unis community. Mr. Presidnt sir, wit all due respect, we dnt wnt u to intervene on ds, just allow d educatn minister and d VCs to do wat they wnt to do.

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by rayco4all(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Time check 12;04
i want to use this media to please urge all party involve in this issue to settle their differences, ANY UNIABUJA STUDENT IN HOUSE CALL ME VIA 08088046196......!!!!!!!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
sagombugo: I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL

I don't know what gives Nigerians the impression that commanding the English Language with heavy vocabularies shows that you're educated.

That's a very stu.pid assumption. You should work on your communication skills sir, cos you're obviously not communicating.

You're working too hard to express yourself in English. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by shevi4mb(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
sagombugo: I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL

Guy....i feel you
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by okalo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
excell12go: Thanks for this Mr President. I hav always known that the 'resume or be sacked' threat cannot work. Just pay them their outstanding salaries and get the Attorney General to sign the papers. I'm tired of sitting at home.
If they are paid their outstanding salaries, who wil then us our outstanding lectures/time wasted at home. Abeg mak dem go sleep
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
onyeka205:

The President has said it in clear term that he never gave ultimatum to ASUU so which ultimatum are you talking of here?
what do you wanna do with president's ultimatum??
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by FREEDON: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
"GO AND DIE"
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by lymelyte(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hmnn
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Doyensky: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dnt mind dem jare, dts why mst of dem fail in school, so d fact dt som pple af failed means subsequent attempts too must fail? U wil be surprised dt d FG myt af its way dis tym around. Naija mentality cnt be annoyingly poor atymz
oluafolabi:

3)They had the support of students too and the military was seen as the oppressive party.

2) ASUU as a union is divided into several factions now and the government took advantage of that opportunity.
3)They have lost the support of the students and ASUU is being viewed as the oppressive party here.

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Doyensky: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dnt mind dem jare, dts why mst of dem fail in school, so d fact dt som pple af failed means subsequent attempts too must fail? U wil be surprised dt d FG myt af its way dis tym around. Naija mentality can be annoyingly poor atymz
oluafolabi:

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by princesoft6(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
There is no point, embarking on a faceless oral fight. We've been waiting 4 a long tym, lets wait to 4th dec. If schools resume academic activities good! If nt we still wait. Are u Fg or ASUU? Relax abeg.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Jobabori(m): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

We have already passed that stage now. The schools are already resuming and any lecturer who doesnt show up will be sacked. That is what is on the table now. Good news is, many of the lecturers are going to resume because they are already pissed with the ASUU leadership. You saw that on channels TV yesterday

What is the percentage of those that spoke on channel TV? Where will you find people to replace those you want to sack? We are talking of experts in their various fields here, not unskilled bus - conductors that you can easily recruits in motor parks. A parent that understands the trends of ASUU strike will not allow his child to go to school to do nothing. Those giving directives to open the schools are not the one to teach. FG should honour the agreement so that our children can resume back to learn.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
Johnsinia: DEC 4th OPERATION NO RESUME GET SACK STILL STAND

I dnt knw whether anybody is seeing what i am seeing: Mr. President came up to excuse the FG's image from what is abt to take place on Dec 4th and also paint a self centered image of ASUU. The truth of the matter is that many lecturers including Nasir Faege n all ASUU chairman across the universities chapters will lose their job *facts.* As 4 lectures to begin this year 4get it. The unis VCs will actively use the whole of Dec for recruiting new lectures both frm home n abroad. To me this is a gud development, bc am tired of all ds ASUU politicians in our institutns and dats y d minister want to get rid of dem frm d unis community. Mr. Presidnt sir, wit all due respect, we dnt wnt u to intervene on ds, just allow d educatn minister and d VCs to do wat they wnt to do.

LOL, both home and abroad indeed.

Do you know that Nigeria universities are understaffed? do you know that a whopping 60,000 lecturers are needed to adequately cater for all universities in Nigeria?

What is the students to Lecturer ratio in Nigeria compared to sane countries?

When serious lecturers are moving out of the country to lecture in sane environment, you think lecturers would come home to lecture in our glorified secondary schools?

Lastly, how many times or have you ever seen any lecturer nominated from Nigeria for any international award? who wants to come to Nigeria where progress and dreams are killed by the society and the government?

Wake up and stop watching too many Nollywood movies.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
thepathologist:

4. Fg will adopts ghana option

http://scannewsnigeria.com/featured-post/exclusive-incessant-ASUU-strike-fg-considers-ghanaian-university-module-2/

I think this is the solution. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Tolexander: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
kaffy4tope:

CAN'T KEEP IT TO MASELF ANYMORE....I luv ur signature more dan Nairaland itself. kiss
ahn ahn bro!
You too dey whine person!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Hearme(m): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

Sometimes I dont understand how you people just post things with so much ignorance of government procedure. Do you think GEJ can just order central bank to bring 100 billion just like that? Every expenditure for the year in budgeted. If there is a new project, the FG will have to send a supplementary budget to the NASS for approval. Why cant you guys just understand this simple thing for once. And you cannot be talking about sending a supplementary budget in November can you? We are talking of 2014 budget now, not 2013. I think part of the problem we have in this country is mass ignorance of our government works and it seem deceitful unions and parties always take advantage of that to hoodwink the gullible public

The strike started in July for God sake. Why did the government not process supplementary budget since then. Can't you see for yourself that the government has no money to offer. Did you not hear the Speaker of the House say they are ready to make any legislation that will aid ending the strike? The truth is that they have always refused to budget it. One of the reasons they gave ASUU in 2011 and 2012 was that it was omitted from the budget. I doubt if they will include it in 2014 budget and that is why ASUU wants a commitment by government. Pensioners has been crying for pension arrears yearly, they always promise to include it in the budget. I can bet you that the pensioners arrears is not been budgeted for. Only things they want or feel important to them goes through. We will soon be wasting billions on elections and census very soon.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Hearme(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

Sometimes I dont understand how you people just post things with so much ignorance of government procedure. Do you think GEJ can just order central bank to bring 100 billion just like that? Every expenditure for the year in budgeted. If there is a new project, the FG will have to send a supplementary budget to the NASS for approval. Why cant you guys just understand this simple thing for once. And you cannot be talking about sending a supplementary budget in November can you? We are talking of 2014 budget now, not 2013. I think part of the problem we have in this country is mass ignorance of our government works and it seem deceitful unions and parties always take advantage of that to hoodwink the gullible public

The strike started in July for God sake. Why did the government not process supplementary budget since then. Can't you see for yourself that the government has no money to offer. Did you not hear the Speaker of the House say they are ready to make any legislation that will aid ending the strike? The truth is that they have always refused to budget it. One of the reasons they gave ASUU in 2011 and 2012 was that it was omitted from the budget. I doubt if they will include it in 2014 budget and that is why ASUU wants a commitment by government. Pensioners has been crying for pension arrears yearly, they always promise to include it in the budget. I can bet you that the pensioners arrears is not been budgeted for. Only things they want or feel important to them goes through. We will soon be wasting billions on elections and census very soon.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by BrightCar: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013

RUBBISH! ASUU HAS NOT D INTEREST OF D NATION AT HEART, THEY ARE SELF CENTRED SHYLOCKS WHO THOUGHT GEJ IS CHEAP AND HAS NO PROTEIN IN HIS BRAIN. ASUU IS WOEFUL.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Hearme(m): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Joshrob:
What's this one saying?..pay them for the work they didn't do. Where is that done in this word?..
Who will pay for the 6 months hostel rent have already been wasted. If they refuse to resume,sack them asap.

You might probably like to begin a new session and cancel the one you have done. You pass through the system for 4-6 years, they work there for 30-40 years till they are 70. You should know by this analogy that they know better than you. The system is far behind and what ASUU is trying to do is called catch up growth. Ask those who have gone for their 2nd degree outside how it works? Education is not cheap. If government is subsidizing, they should be ready to invest heavily. You can even subsidize and still generate funds from foreign students. Nigerians pay 2-3million per session in Ghana.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
Prof Corruption: grin grin grin

What a clueless mediocrity!
ur mediocrity is worst. if u had border to read u would known the man is sticking to his gun.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by jeronimo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it an insult to call a coward a coward? I have never seen a government change their words as much as this.

Sissies

Who is your father? What has he achieved? Show me who he is and I'll show you who's a real coward!

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by mvem(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
oluafolabi: And when people keep saying 'Military failed' it annoys me. So what happened during the two years that ASUU was proscribed? Schools didn't open in those two years abi?
....yeah 95/96 2 years strike...school werent open

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

EKSU VC, Edward Olanipekun's Son Graduates From UK University / Nigerian Universities That Process Transcript Collection The Fastest Vs Slowest / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.